Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ANNIS' MY STORY BOOK...........................

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 pm

Annis mate just finished reading your book this evening!!
"at last he says, I posted that to you months ago" :D

I know I'm not the first and won't be the last to comment on it but I just wanted to say a few words.....

Firstly it's a cracking read Annis, i guess as a fellow Bluebird I like thousands of others can relate to so much of the content & story!
God knows how you remember so much of your hectic upbringing and life in general ??
Of course I would remember getting a text from Warren Feeney on the bench at Wembley during a play off final, but to remember so much of dates, times of not just games, but meetings, calls and texts!!
One question......how?

A lot of it was new to me, what u did when you were younger, where you worked etc, and so much of the book I can relate to such as games like Leicester away in the FA Cup years ago and Millwall away when you got involved in some trouble whilst I was moaning at my dad cos I got hit by a coin at the same game!! (my bit obviously isn't in the book) :ayatollah:

And your daughter was right when you went to pay your respects at the graveside of your parents....you do look like your dad a lot, from the pictures I've seen in the book!!

Nice touch mentioning Mikey in the last line of the entire book to!

Guys if you don't own the book go get it,
You'll probably finish it quicker than I did but well worth a read :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/

Re: ANNIS' MY STORY BOOK...........................

Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:27 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Annis mate just finished reading your book this evening!!
"at last he says, I posted that to you months ago" :D

I know I'm not the first and won't be the last to comment on it but I just wanted to say a few words.....

Firstly it's a cracking read Annis, i guess as a fellow Bluebird I like thousands of others can relate to so much of the content & story!
God knows how you remember so much of your hectic upbringing and life in general ??
Of course I would remember getting a text from Warren Feeney on the bench at Wembley during a play off final, but to remember so much of dates, times of not just games, but meetings, calls and texts!!
One question......how?

A lot of it was new to me, what u did when you were younger, where you worked etc, and so much of the book I can relate to such as games like Leicester away in the FA Cup years ago and Millwall away when you got involved in some trouble whilst I was moaning at my dad cos I got hit by a coin at the same game!! (my bit obviously isn't in the book) :ayatollah:

And your daughter was right when you went to pay your respects at the graveside of your parents....you do look like your dad a lot, from the pictures I've seen in the book!!

Nice touch mentioning Mikey in the last line of the entire book to!

Guys if you don't own the book go get it,
You'll probably finish it quicker than I did but well worth a read :ayatollah:

Thank you Jules, You just brought a tear from my eye, when you mentioned about my daughter at my parents gravestone.
Yes they were amazing days, how do I remember so much, well as well as being a bit of a lad, I must have been a bit of an anorak too :lol: as I collected every programme and use to keep all news paper cuttings, so I looked back at the dates etc.
Thank you once again Jules, really appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 pm

No problem Mate,

Didn't plan on making u shed a tear but obviously a poignant moment for you!
I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to newspaper cuttings and things like that so I can't say anything about that one matey!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:15 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:No problem Mate,

I'm a bit of an anorak when it comes to newspaper cuttings and things like that so I can't say anything about that one matey!!

No problem my friend, thank you Jules once again.
So were both anoraks really. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Hi Annis.had your book for xmas from my son,so far its a great read mate was at all the games you went to in your
teens as you know i am a bit older than you so its good to read how you viewed what went on.I had the pleasure of
knowing your dad from the days when my dad owned a garage in town.met him with you afew times and yes you are
starting to look alike!well done for writing it and i will post a review when i have read it.Cheers Willie. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:53 pm

willie anderson wrote:Hi Annis.had your book for xmas from my son,so far its a great read mate was at all the games you went to in your
teens as you know i am a bit older than you so its good to read how you viewed what went on.I had the pleasure of
knowing your dad from the days when my dad owned a garage in town.met him with you afew times and yes you are
starting to look alike!well done for writing it and i will post a review when i have read it.Cheers Willie. :ayatollah:

Cheers Willie,

Glad you've enjoyed the book so far. :ayatollah:

I remember the garages, thanks for the comments regarding my Father and myself. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/ :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:No problem Mate,

No problem my friend, thank you Jules once again.
So were both anoraks really. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yep!! And I blame my dad for that one, god bless him!!
He was a Bluebird before he flew away, and an anorak :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:33 pm

I gotta be honest when I first heard Annis was bringing out a autobiography at first since I have never spoke to or met Annis I thought the book wouldnt interest me as I don't know him and every fans views and story following our clubs differ however since I have read all Annis other books I thought id indulge and get for a spot of reading on holidays and I can say I. Ery much enjoyed the book and the unique insight he gives to the club and even enjoyed reading about his personal life so all in all a very good read and if you have read any of his other books you shod defiantly read the latest.

Last off a lot of people seem to have an agenda around the Internet against this board and Annis and Carl and having never met any of them I can't comment but they seem straight down the line but one hint you can't deny both is their love and passion for the club and giving fellow fans a place to meet and discuss they city.well done both keep up the good work