Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dave Jones has gone down in my estimations...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Not that he will care lol.

I read his book 'No Smoke No Fire' which I thought was exclenet and I was gutted to here all the shit he had to put up with but theres no chance Im going to buy another one just for an added paragraph
but yersterday I had a cheeky read in Waterestones.

I couldnt believe what I was reading, he has let his wife write a few paragraphs slagging the club off for sacking him because his daughter was getting married that summer! She says she was furious with the club for sacking him as they new his daughter was getting married in the summer but they wouldnt let it spoil the occasion.

Spoil the occasion?

Get real!

What did she expect them to do? Keep him on just because his daughter was getting married?

Its not like he was on £15,000 a year and struggling to get by, this is a man who was on £800,000 a year and still getting paid regardless.

Im realy dissapointed that he even let her write it in to be honest.

Does this just show how out of touch Footballers and it seems their families are with the working class football fans these days.

:?:

Re: Dave Jones has gone down in my estimations...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:00 pm

i,d say so mate.i,v always had a decent opinion of d.j because of what he had thrown at him regarding the child abuse stuff.last season though i thought he lost it.all the big name signings and the money that went with them,well after the capitulation in the end if it were you or i we,d say sorry i,ll get my coat.the fact it didn,t dawn on him says it all really.the wedding just confirms it.loads of the football world are like it .tbf though i think avram grant and the players paid out of their own pocket to keep some people on at pompey

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:10 am

Just confirms the guys lack of respect for CCFC and why despite his decent record many fans cannot stand him! I actually used to like DJ and respect his record but last year he completely lost the plot and he seems unable to accept the fact that it was his incompetence that cost us!

Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:13 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Not that he will care lol.

I read his book 'No Smoke No Fire' which I thought was exclenet and I was gutted to here all the shit he had to put up with but theres no chance Im going to buy another one just for an added paragraph
but yersterday I had a cheeky read in Waterestones.

I couldnt believe what I was reading, he has let his wife write a few paragraphs slagging the club off for sacking him because his daughter was getting married that summer! She says she was furious with the club for sacking him as they new his daughter was getting married in the summer but they wouldnt let it spoil the occasion.

Spoil the occasion?

Get real!

What did she expect them to do? Keep him on just because his daughter was getting married?

Its not like he was on £15,000 a year and struggling to get by, this is a man who was on £800,000 a year and still getting paid regardless.

Im realy dissapointed that he even let her write it in to be honest.

Does this just show how out of touch Footballers and it seems their families are with the working class football fans these days.

:?:

The man is an absolute joke and it's not as if he was left penny less as he picks up £18k p/w for doing nothing but moaning.

Before spouting crap like that why didn't Mr & Mrs Jones spare a thought for the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs this year through no fault of their own and have received no generous severance payments like they did? You can bet some of those people had children who were getting married also.

TBH I'm getting sick of Jones turning up on every media going and talking about the allegations which were made against him over a decade ago. At some f**king point he has to move on and stop boring the world with his tales of 'giving them a fight to clear his name'

Please note Dave we KNOW the frigging story so do us a favour and belt up. Believe it or not DJ many people have faced false allegations in their lives and successfully cleared their names without having anything like the resources you had. So any thought that you are super intelligent and can’t be questioned is frankly nonsense.

My advice to him would be to wake up and face the fact he was an absolute crap manager and that's why we got rid of him. He should also note that no-one else has offered to employ him on the stupid money we were paying him and that should tell him everything he needs to know.

Eventually he might get a return to football management but it will be at a lesser club and on significantly less money. I hope then he pulls his finger out and gets on with his job rather than dragging up the past again in a hopeless attempt to mask his short comings.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:44 pm

The man is an absolute joke and it's not as if he was left penny less as he picks up £18k p/w for doing nothing but moaning.

Before spouting crap like that why didn't Mr & Mrs Jones spare a thought for the hundreds of thousands of people who have lost their jobs this year through no fault of their own and have received no generous severance payments like they did? You can bet some of those people had children who were getting married also.

Exactly mate.

I cant believe he let his Mrs write a paragraph in his book to say this shit.

Its not like he didnt have a chance, tha club gave him chance after chance, after the preston,ipswich,wednesday debacle and then the Play Off Final.

What did she expect the club to do, say 'dont worry dave, we will give you another year as your daughter is getting married this summer'.

anyone would think he got kicked into a puddle without a pot to piss in without a fair crack.

Deluded.