Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Annis - My Story - My review

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:47 pm

My apologies Annis for taking so long to compile my review but I honestly didn’t have a chance to read your book until yesterday, with a slight hangover and a rare day off to chill out I finally took the opportunity to read your book.

Firstly its probably no secret that many people won’t approve of your past history associated with our club, however I do not think for one second that this should put them off reading you’re latest book as I honestly found it a thoroughly entertaining read, once I picked it up I did not put it down again until every word was read.

Some great insight into how Annis grew up and worked hard to make his money and many entertaining tales of encounters on away trips and with club directors/staff. One thing that is clear throughout the book is how much Annis respected his parents and the love he has for his family, pretty heart-warming stuff to read. Some fascinating insight on your relationship with Sam Hamman and Peter Ridsdale, it’s also pleasing to see you not afraid to criticise them on their faults but also compliment people when it’s due.

Particularly liked some of the subtle hints about what may lie in the future with our club and the Langston situation, all we can do is wait and see what happens in the near future.

Overall I found the book a great read and would recommend it to all City fans, at first glance it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I think they will be pleasantly surprised if they give it a go. Thanks again for the signed copy and it was a pleasure reading it, excellent read and well worth the money. Looking forward to the next instalment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Annis - My Story - My review

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:55 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:My apologies Annis for taking so long to compile my review but I honestly didn’t have a chance to read your book until yesterday, with a slight hangover and a rare day off to chill out I finally took the opportunity to read your book.

Firstly its probably no secret that many people won’t approve of your past history associated with our club, however I do not think for one second that this should put them off reading you’re latest book as I honestly found it a thoroughly entertaining read, once I picked it up I did not put it down again until every word was read.

Some great insight into how Annis grew up and worked hard to make his money and many entertaining tales of encounters on away trips and with club directors/staff. One thing that is clear throughout the book is how much Annis respected his parents and the love he has for his family, pretty heart-warming stuff to read. Some fascinating insight on your relationship with Sam Hamman and Peter Ridsdale, it’s also pleasing to see you not afraid to criticise them on their faults but also compliment people when it’s due.

Particularly liked some of the subtle hints about what may lie in the future with our club and the Langston situation, all we can do is wait and see what happens in the near future.

Overall I found the book a great read and would recommend it to all City fans, at first glance it may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I think they will be pleasantly surprised if they give it a go. Thanks again for the signed copy and it was a pleasure reading it, excellent read and well worth the money. Looking forward to the next instalment. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you Chris. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers for giving me such a great review and I am glad you liked my book as I know you and I differ on many things, but at the end of the day all we want is the best for Cardiff City. As you read its not just a football book.Really appreciated. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=51137 :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:58 pm

No problem mate, really enjoyed reading it as I have done with all the other books. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:09 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:No problem mate, really enjoyed reading it as I have done with all the other books. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks once again Chris. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:50 pm

chris_ccfc wrote:My apologies Annis for taking so long to compile my review but I honestly didn’t have a chance to read your book until yesterday, with a slight hangover and a rare day off to chill out I finally took the opportunity to read your book.

Chris I totally agree with your comments I have put in bold, this book will change people's perception of Annis.