Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CURRENT NEWS ON PLAYERS IN AND OUT "

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:31 pm

There has been much talk over the last couple of days claiming a "deal is done" for Mame Biram Diouf to sign for City when the transfer window opens on Sunday, I can state that Diouf was a target and not just during the summer but within the last 2 weeks but my sources tell me that at this moment it is no longer the case.

Being honest and not to look like I am claiming others have been wrong with the name Diouf but if I had been pressed to tell people 2 weeks ago who the target was then I too would have said Diouf as that was the case then but as I and many others appreciate things do change in football and that is the case with this player.

All I can tell you is that last night on the way back from Kent I rang my source to 'confirm' that the deal was done as this was being stated by various people and the answer was no deal was done and the target is no longer on the radar either. The deal was to be a loan deal until the end of the season.

Reports going as far back as the Reading away game claimed that Darcy Blake was heading to Ipswich, I made a call that evening and was told it was not true and again last week the same story appeared again and a further call was made and again the same answer came back.

Dekel Keinan's loan spell with Crystal Palace ends on January 2nd and is just about ready to return to action after an injury has kept him out of the Eagles swquad for the past few weeks. Dekel is hopeful that the loan can be extended and has requested that that will be the case, Palace want to extend the loan and Dekel wants it too as he recognises the need to move on, after speaking with Dekel last week he made it clear that it would be best for him to leave City permanently, he is disappointed that he only came hear at the beginning of this year but a change of manager has changed his situation.

Nat Jarvis is another who is hoping that a loan deal can be sorted out after the administrative error between Newport and the Conference meant his proposed loan move fell through on November 24th.

Soloman Taiwo will start a trial with Chesterfield today in the hope of securing a loan move for himself to get some game time.

Ibby Farah's loan deal with Tamworth ends this Sunday January 1st.

Jon Parkin remains on loan at huddersfield until January 23rd.

Aaron Wildig's loan spell with Shrewsbury ends in the first week of January.

I would like to inform everyone that this forum will be organising to evenings with Malky Mackay in the not too distant future, one will take place in Port Talbot, as I live down this way :D and another to take place in Cardiff. Both evenings are to raise funds for the Fred Keenor statue appeal. More information will be put on here in the new year when the details are finalised.

Re: "CURRENT NEWS ON PLAYERS IN AND OUT"

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm

So do we not have anyone lined up coming in now ??

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:37 pm

thanks for clearing everything up carl lets hope we can still bring one or two in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Sigh.....so irritating being so close yet so far from another quality striker....

Thanks for the update Carl

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice one Carlos :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ...keep us updated on the Malky evenings please :D :D
not happy though that we haven't signed anyone, we really do need a couple at least :twisted: .. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Good news about meetin malky carl, he can meet the city's most passionate fans now the NPT lot :D

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:49 pm

glad about diouf not coming here, its clear a move to the championship would have benefited him but apparently we were below him,exactly the type of player we dont need anymore
plus fergie would have insisted he start every game

thanks for the update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Cheers for the update Carl, Much appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " CURRENT NEWS ON PLAYERS IN AND OUT "

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:40 pm

Cheers Carlos our fans leader :lol: for your latest update. :ayatollah:

Your other fans will no doubt log in and read their leaders update. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carlos looking forward to your weekly column in the Echo this Saturday. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 pm

But Ibby farah said on twitter that he's back from his loan deal :?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Midfield general wrote:Come on Carl be fair, I was the one who stated about Diouf which you have kept hidden and the moment I put it in the public domain you are now stating that its yesterdays news. :lol:

Adam you most certainly put it in the public domain, I was asked not too and I am glad to say I kept my word, but what I am stating today is that it is not a done deal and going on what I was told last night, Malky is after other targets.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Come on Carl be fair, I was the one who stated about Diouf which you have kept hidden and the moment I put it in the public domain you are now stating that its yesterdays news. :lol:

Adam you most certainly put it in the public domain, I was asked not too and I am glad to say I kept my word, but what I am stating today is that it is not a done deal and going on what I was told last night, Malky is after other targets.

Diouf is not wanting to drop down to the Championship.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:51 pm

im not too gutted to be honest. and hope we can now move on to other targets...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Annis, surely Champoionship football is a step UP for someone in Diouf's current 'reserve team' position??

He should consider the offer of (a) PROPER 1st team footie; and (b) the chance to play for a great side about to embark on yet another Wembley Final!! :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Doubt the thought of potentially watching city from the stands has much pulling power :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Annis, surely Champoionship football is a step UP for someone in Diouf's current 'reserve team' position??

He should consider the offer of (a) PROPER 1st team footie; and (b) the chance to play for a great side about to embark on yet another Wembley Final!! :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Sven, I'm with you on this, very shocked by his attitude, but you never know.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:06 pm

plenty more fish in the sea sod him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:40 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:43 pm

F
Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Carlos our fans leader :lol: for your latest update. :ayatollah:

Your other fans will no doubt log in and read their leaders update. :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Carlos looking forward to your weekly column in the Echo this Saturday. :ayatollah:

What leader?haha city fans need no leader!! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 pm

Not a good sign we need fresh bodies...... lets hope Malky can capture his targets unlike in the previous loan window.... would create new optimism for everyone fans, players and staff

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: - Good info to where we are with the players and dates of their deal ending dates etc...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Decent update gives us fans info on whats what with players!
Really gutted about Keinan but if he goes permanent then i wish him all the best.
Dissapointed a little a bit on Diouf because its not long until it opens and we need to get everyone in quickly because we got an early start with a load of games coming thick and fast. But I believe he has other opitions and come next Wednesday we have 2 players! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 am

I'm glad we aren't getting M.B. Diouf on loan. If the player doesn't want to drop down a division then we definitely don't want him.

I watched him in the Carling Cup against Palace and I didn't think he was all that great to be honest. Kenny Miller is a lot better and Mason probably is as well.

Come on Malky and the board let's sign some quality players in Jan to sustain our promotion push! A winger surely must be a priority. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:03 am

Just as i thought no new players comming in then as we are skint :?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:22 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Just as i thought no new players comming in then as we are skint :?

thats not true malky has money but will not bring in players who will not improve the squad or players who dont want to come here.
there are never any quality players available in the january window in my opinion which dave jones proved with the signing of parkin and jay lloyd samuel.
most players available are either because they are on the fringes of the first team squad and have hardly had any game time except for carling cup ties or you have the squad disrupters who the club want out the door and as an example i will give you nile ranger who malky turned down the opportunity to loan because of his disruptive influence on the newcastle squad.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:42 am

steve davies wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:Just as i thought no new players comming in then as we are skint :?

thats not true malky has money but will not bring in players who will not improve the squad or players who dont want to come here.
there are never any quality players available in the january window in my opinion which dave jones proved with the signing of parkin and jay lloyd samuel.
most players available are either because they are on the fringes of the first team squad and have hardly had any game time except for carling cup ties or you have the squad disrupters who the club want out the door and as an example i will give you nile ranger who malky turned down the opportunity to loan because of his disruptive influence on the newcastle squad.

How do you know all this?? is what you said 100% true or do you live in MM pockets so vice versa,i know we are skint you say we aint but wheres the evidence in the squad to say we have buckets of cash because there is none and any manager who says theres no players out there rite for a team is not just meaning because the player wasnt rite because he didnt want to come or club wouldnt let him go bullshit,besides theres lots of things MAINLY MONEY and that talks probly why we have had nothing come in and nothing will come in bar the odd free transfer if that people need to wake up and realise CITY ARE PAYING DEBTS f**k players at the moment we are lucky to have a club to watch rite now believe me :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:53 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:How do you know all this?? is what you said 100% true or do you live in MM pockets so vice versa,i know we are skint you say we aint but wheres the evidence in the squad to say we have buckets of cash because there is none and any manager who says theres no players out there rite for a team is not just meaning because the player wasnt rite because he didnt want to come or club wouldnt let him go bullshit,besides theres lots of things MAINLY MONEY and that talks probly why we have had nothing come in and nothing will come in bar the odd free transfer if that people need to wake up and realise CITY ARE PAYING DEBTS f**k players at the moment we are lucky to have a club to watch rite now believe me :ayatollah:

Oh dear.

Of course the Malaysians need to deal with debts, income streams. That's far more important long term.

Whilst we lost players - including loan players - we also brought a fair few players in.

As for your jibe at Steve, I'll let him or others educate you. I'd take what he says over any claim by you or others ny day.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:04 pm

nerd wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:How do you know all this?? is what you said 100% true or do you live in MM pockets so vice versa,i know we are skint you say we aint but wheres the evidence in the squad to say we have buckets of cash because there is none and any manager who says theres no players out there rite for a team is not just meaning because the player wasnt rite because he didnt want to come or club wouldnt let him go bullshit,besides theres lots of things MAINLY MONEY and that talks probly why we have had nothing come in and nothing will come in bar the odd free transfer if that people need to wake up and realise CITY ARE PAYING DEBTS f**k players at the moment we are lucky to have a club to watch rite now believe me :ayatollah:

Oh dear.

Of course the Malaysians need to deal with debts, income streams. That's far more important long term.

Whilst we lost players - including loan players - we also brought a fair few players in.

As for your jibe at Steve, I'll let him or others educate you. I'd take what he says over any claim by you or others ny day.

I dont care who's word you take over others nerd its a forum one man says we have money one says we are skint,Whats the diffrence as for the jibe wheres the jibe and education lession :lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:43 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Oh dear.

I dont care who's word you take over others nerd its a forum one man says we have money one says we are skint,Whats the diffrence as for the jibe wheres the jibe and education lession :lol:

Without name dropping, most of us on here know where Steve gets his "information" from, we also know if CCFC went out and bought Messi for £200m, Midfield G would claim we are skint and its the worse signing ever. Know the posters!!

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:54 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
nerd wrote:

Oh dear.

What's the difference? Aside from the two views being the complete opposite, here's one for you.

How many directors of the club do you personally know? When you consider the answer is precisely zero, that's why Steve's posts have a far higher credibility than yours.