Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DIOUF "

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:29 pm

" DIOUF " is not keen to step down to the Championship, he turned Malky down earlier on in the season, both clubs have sorted all the wages out etc, so its now up to Malky to persuade him to come to the Mighty Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DIOUF "

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm

f**k him off i say. Dont sound like is heart us in it.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Fuckk him then, it's honour to play for this club and if he doesn't fancy it....we move on to someone that does. Next...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:39 pm

I can see this dragging on through the transfer window and nowt at the end of it :(
Hope malky has a back up plan
Last edited by boxerbob on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" DIOUF " is not keen to step down to the Championship, he turned Malky down earlier on in the season, both clubs have sorted all the wages out etc, so its now up to Malky to persuade him to come to the Mighty Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im not sure id want him here then if he hasnt got the stomach for the fight in the Championship :\

i do like him as a player though :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" DIOUF " is not keen to step down to the Championship, he turned Malky down earlier on in the season, both clubs have sorted all the wages out etc, so its now up to Malky to persuade him to come to the Mighty Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

im not sure id want him here then if he hasnt got the stomach for the fight in the Championship :\

i do like him as a player though :ayatollah:

To be fair diouf was with a prem side all last season so I can see that he might feel its a step down. I don't think he is disrespecting us and we would all be doing the same and hoping for maybe another prem side.

I think if he did decide to join us he knows he has alot to prove and will do his best. I just think he would rather do it in prem but who wouldn't

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Andros Townsend anyone?

I would like someone, whos done it in the championship with the chance to become a quality player :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think he was with malky at watford but I might be wrong :/

But I know he was at ipswich and i was impressed

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Like I said yesterday we need to forget this fella if his heart is not in it move on to the next one. If your reading this VT and TG have u got the balls to push the boat out and go get Jordan Rhodes, the fellas a goal machine. :ayatollah: His value is bound to increase playing in the Championship and Premier Clubs may not give him the opportunity to play - go get him. Why u think Huddersfield give him a new contract? because they know he's gonna go somewhere.
Last edited by ihatealiens on Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't think it should be f**k him if he don't want to step down. He is obviously an ambitious lad. Its now MM job to sell the club to him. Just like it is with any other target.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:I don't think it should be f**k him if he don't want to step down. He is obviously an ambitious lad. Its now MM job to sell the club to him. Just like it is with any other target.

Don't think so mate we have been after this fella for sometime now. If he hasn't been sold on our club by now he never will be.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:55 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:I don't think it should be f**k him if he don't want to step down. He is obviously an ambitious lad. Its now MM job to sell the club to him. Just like it is with any other target.

to be fair, i do agree with that :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:57 pm

if he,s dragging his heals look else where we,ve got good team spirit dont need someone upsetting it

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Can't be sure on this, but didn't he turn us down earlier in the season Annis or was it that us and the mancs couldn't come to financial terms?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Surely it's a good thing he's taking his time thinking it over? At least if he comes he has decided he really wants it. Think if we get him will be out to prove a point to sir alex, if he is still at man utd we can be sure his attutude is right else would have been shown the door by now

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Why on earth did we let Ross McCormack go? Or Chopra, come to that. Or Burkie?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:24 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Why on earth did we let Ross McCormack go? Or Chopra, come to that. Or Burkie?

Selling Ross McCormack was the biggest mistake our club made. Players like Chopra got away with gambling, and McCormack made one mistake with drink driving, and was put on the sidelines. DJ had his favourities, and McCormack was just another victim.

To make things worst, there is no sell-on fees etc, so if leeds sell him, we get bugger all. :x

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:27 pm

I think it's fairly obvious why we sold Chopra. He only had a year left on his contract and we all know what happened with Bothroyd and Ledley to name just two. Add that to the fact he's tied up with gambling problems and it's not hard to see why the club got rid.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:28 pm

i think its clear that he doesnt want to play championship football..

i think we should move on and pursue other targets or we will miss out again...

we have a quaily striker.. lets get the wingers we need...

shove cowie behind miller like he was with graham last yr and play whitts and gunnarsson in midfield along with the two new wingers..

spurs have some quality and talented youngsters who are available for loan, and are happy to play in the championship... i would rather this... hungry home grown talent everyday!!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

is this guy really good why cant he even get on utds bench macheda is there instead of him and hes not the best i just hope hes worth chassing as every day goes without him coming could be another target gone and we dont want to be chasing players last week of window I hope malkys seen something fergie hasnt

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I wouldn't mind Andros Townsend!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:46 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:I wouldn't mind Andros Townsend!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:55 pm

I had a feeling this guy Diouf would get cold feet coming to us.

If he does not want to make the step down then we will not get the best out of him even if we persuaded him to. Sounds too much of a risk. Just because he is premeirship does not mean he would take this league by storm. He would have to accept the lower standards and adapt to the ways. If his mind is not there then he will be a failure here.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:04 pm

We only want players who have desire and a work ethic, Sadly it seems this guy has neither of those so we should tell him to do one and look elsewhere . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

For me Diouf has had more than enough time to consider this move, if he has not put pen to paper by Jan 1st then we should move on! We need players sooner rather than later and we should not waste time on someone who obviously isn't committed. I cant say I'm too enthusiastic about his signing but obviously Fergie and Malky know better than me so I'm putting my faith in them that he is actually a good player and that a spell at CCFC will bring the best out of him! In Malky we trust :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Bowmonster wrote:We only want players who have desire and a work ethic, Sadly it seems this guy has neither of those so we should tell him to do one and look elsewhere . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Second this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:14 pm

just read Carl's post stating that Diouf wont be coming here. To be honest Im glad, for me he is too big a risk and I think we can do better. I just hope we will get players in at the start of Jan, rather than at the end as otherwise it could cost us a few points as no doubt a few of the boys will be starting to tire!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:34 pm

Oh yeah of course he doesn't want to step down to the championship, what with all that first team football he's getting! Is he serious? He'd rather waste his time playing for man united reserves than trying to chase promotion with a club just one league below? F**k him I say, if he's that dull I don't want him.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:56 pm

This is a big window for the malaysians and malky.

We need quality players as we build the squad Malky wants.

We were let down in the emergency window and have stuttered in a lot of games since, even when we've won.
We have the bones of a great side.

Most like me think that maybe Diouf is the wrong player and possibly may upset the apple cart.
I would tend to look at league 1 top players rather than prem league high paid bench warmers.

I think over the last season - the jacks had around 9 strikers/striker types in their 36 man squad???
Where we had chops, both, bell and parkin.
We have dead wood here and still a small squad.

If we dont bring players in - it will be a kick in the teeth for most fans. Will show us what the malaysians are really about.
Are they a business selling quality goods or are they piling high and selling cheap??
What we do in jan transfer will also impact on ST sales in the future as we heamorrage fans going to CCS due to the cost, atmosphere, non flexible seating etc

new year, new players??????????????? :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Like I said yesterday we need to forget this fella if his heart is not in it move on to the next one. If your reading this VT and TG have u got the balls to push the boat out and go get Jordan Rhodes, the fellas a goal machine. :ayatollah: His value is bound to increase playing in the Championship and Premier Clubs may not give him the opportunity to play - go get him. Why u think Huddersfield give him a new contract? because they know he's gonna go somewhere.

Agree 100% with every word of your post ihatealiens :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 pm

Pity realy cos "he who hesitates is lost" and by signing for the City and using us as a steppings stone it could and would have made him a big hit in the Pemiership whether it was with us or by another clubs vultures who are are constantly picking off our best players!!!!!