Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sky is a f*cking rip off!_

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:21 pm

I've got sky + Hd installed in My house now and have upgraded to have all sports channels which is another 40 quid a month n now I've asked to install sky multiroom and ive told them I got My own box but they've said you have to buy a new one for us to install them so that's $100 and they want 50 quid to install it and 15 a month its ridiculous can anyone install My box for me ill pay obviously just need some help to beat the man. Fellow city fans unite n help me :)

Re: sky is a f*cking rip off!_

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 pm

I would have helped but I saw you liked that American 'Gay-Boys' football............so you will just have to pay full price like the rest of us.

'Hey Guys where's the fries' :evil:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:02 pm

southwaleswarrior wrote:I've got sky + Hd installed in My house now and have upgraded to have all sports channels which is another 40 quid a month n now I've asked to install sky multiroom and ive told them I got My own box but they've said you have to buy a new one for us to install them so that's $100 and they want 50 quid to install it and 15 a month its ridiculous can anyone install My box for me ill pay obviously just need some help to beat the man. Fellow city fans unite n help me :)

£40 extra for sports?

I pay £90 for the full lot, ESPN, broadband and phone.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 pm

there shit...i fucked em off after 25 years of paying the full package,never getting nothing off them and knowing they were giving people free sports movies etc ...i asked them how much for a new hd box etc and they said another 20 bucks a month which with phone ,broadband and my package would,ve been 96 quid....told them to do one and went to virgin...got 2 hd boxes,with free hd channels unlike sky !!...phone and broadband and i pay 60 odd bucks....tell them you want to leave and go through to cancellations.there,ll probably sort a deal out for you.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:40 pm

£40 for Sports?? its £20 for Sky Sports and £9 for ESPN.

Also the reason Sky wont install a 2nd hand box is for insurance reasons, that is why they say you have to pay for installation through a 3rd party or buy a multi room box through Sky. Before Xmas they had a offer for a free box and free installation, normally £60 when upgrading to Multi Room. Not sure where you got your prices from.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:41 pm

southwaleswarrior wrote:I've got sky + Hd installed in My house now and have upgraded to have all sports channels which is another 40 quid a month n now I've asked to install sky multiroom and ive told them I got My own box but they've said you have to buy a new one for us to install them so that's $100 and they want 50 quid to install it and 15 a month its ridiculous can anyone install My box for me ill pay obviously just need some help to beat the man. Fellow city fans unite n help me :)

Go and see one of those Sky men who have stalls out in the street somewhere like the one in Merthyr. They usually know a deal to get around it.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 pm

get rid and watch everything online

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:07 pm

i got rid of sky about 18 months ago and have never looked back,

i now got bt vision and everyone in my family loves it, you get a bt plus box to record all the normal
freeview channels plus you get access to an online database of shows, films, achieved sport, cartoons, music etc
i now pay £40 for the tv, telephone and internet.

you do lose the sport but you can pay an extra £10 (i think) to get sky sports

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:57 pm

Berwyn wrote:

Go and see one of those Sky men who have stalls out in the street somewhere like the one in Merthyr. They usually know a deal to get around it.

They've just been sacked 'cos someone let their secrets out into the public domain!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: