Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 19,530

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Since1980 untill last season you average higher gates then us in a season only 6 times,,???hardly a landslide,allso yes you have won the fa cup?1927,hardly a huge achievement,as the armed forces took part around them days,but yes you have won it,up untill the 60s you were in the top leagues,wile we were in the lower and that's why your support is higher and you have pockets of support around the swansea area,But since the70 you have struggled wile we have been in the old first,been to the old wemberly twice in finalls and achived more then you since the 80s.
You keep talking on how big your support is,up untill 10 years ago you Would hardly see any thing to do with swans up in the valleys,and most off port talbot 15 years back was cardiff,but now its the opposite and you will see many kids in the valleys wearing swansea stuff,,things have changed and the balance is swinging our way thanks now to us being in the prem,unless you get ther or we go down our support will only get bigger and with adding more seats at the end of the season more will be able to get in.
You say we have shit crowds but can only fill what we have,we have 16k season ticket holders that's all we were allowed to sell as a min of 2k have to be made available on the day,and 2.500 for away,every game is a sellout weekss before the game,and when we increase our ground to 27k we will still sellout as soo many aree on the waiting list,that's why next season tickets have been on sale to existing holders for the last month and allready most have got them,,so things are changing and unless you get to the prem soon we will become the biggest of the two if not allready..

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:25 pm

will you invest in one of these swansealad...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blackwood_Bluebird on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:26 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Since1980 untill last season you average higher gates then us in a season only 6 times,,???hardly a landslide,allso yes you have won the fa cup?1927,hardly a huge achievement,as the armed forces took part around them days,but yes you have won it,up untill the 60s you were in the top leagues,wile we were in the lower and that's why your support is higher and you have pockets of support around the swansea area,But since the70 you have struggled wile we have been in the old first,been to the old wemberly twice in finalls and achived more then you since the 80s.
You keep talking on how big your support is,up untill 10 years ago you Would hardly see any thing to do with swans up in the valleys,and most off port talbot 15 years back was cardiff,but now its the opposite and you will see many kids in the valleys wearing swansea stuff,,things have changed and the balance is swinging our way thanks now to us being in the prem,unless you get ther or we go down our support will only get bigger and with adding more seats at the end of the season more will be able to get in.
You say we have shit crowds but can only fill what we have,we have 16k season ticket holders that's all we were allowed to sell as a min of 2k have to be made available on the day,and 2.500 for away,every game is a sellout weekss before the game,and when we increase our ground to 27k we will still sellout as soo many aree on the waiting list,that's why next season tickets have been on sale to existing holders for the last month and allready most have got them,,so things are changing and unless you get to the prem soon we will become the biggest of the two if not allready..

why do you always mock the fa cup because the forces competed give me one reason why it diminishes the competition

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:29 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Since1980 untill last season you average higher gates then us in a season only 6 times,,???hardly a landslide,allso yes you have won the fa cup?1927,hardly a huge achievement,as the armed forces took part around them days,but yes you have won it,up untill the 60s you were in the top leagues,wile we were in the lower and that's why your support is higher and you have pockets of support around the swansea area,But since the70 you have struggled wile we have been in the old first,been to the old wemberly twice in finalls and achived more then you since the 80s.

i our support grows season by season just by being in the championship, so we don't need to go to the prem to gain a good support. little clubs like yours do. as for the valleys have big swans support, swansea and neath valleys may do, but don't go thinking the valleys closer to cardiff have big swans support because believe me they dont. the amount of bluebirds shirts i see is growing season by season.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Only by your chairman.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28979415/

:lol:

You are having a bit of a mare on this one mate.[/quote]

Tell me, does he say there that the plan is to increase the capacity by 10k or is he reported as saying (not quoted) what the cost of a 10k expansion would be?

But don't the facts get in the way :lol:[/quote]

The quote was 'never has 10k been mentioned by anyone'.

And I showed it has.

If he wasn't talking about 10k then why did he mention 10k.

3 weeks later it was 7500. :lol:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Swans ... story.html

Show me where he says there is a plan to increase by 6500. ;)

Trying to wriggle out of it by semantics isn't working.[/quote]

Not semantics, facts.

Anyway, what point are you trying to make exactly? Our success demands an increased capacity. Whether that be 10k, 7k or whatever can be afforded.[/quote]

No, what I quoted were the facts. Try to come up with some links to prove otherwise.
Like the 6500 one, which personaly I think swansea69 has plucked out of thin air.

As I said, the figure seems to be moving more toward what is just needed to make the ground slightly bigger than ours. :lol: Also no mention of construction time or and actual promise to do it.

If Jenkins has any sense he'll wait for 3-4 seasons to see if the novelty wears off.[/quote]

So you think the aim is to make the ground just slightly bigger than yours on the basis, I assume from the :lol: in your sentence, that it would be putting one over on you?

Dear God.[/quote]

No. Either you are being intentioanlly thick or can't help it. I think swansea 69 was quoting that figure off the top of his head because he thinks it will make your ground bigger. Fair play thats not hard to work out.

I actually don't think you have any concrete plan at all to expand and won't do so for a couple of seasons at least. For the reasons I've already mentioned. although giver Jenkins quotes in the past he may well be thinking along the lines of trying to emulate us -after all it was his fascination for the last 7-8 years.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:57 pm

Dear dear. PLEASE FFS check yur facts. you've had oNE season in the last 14 or so when your gates have been higher. We've had the rest and one more this year.

The rest is most likely bollox too but I can't even be bothered going beyond the first sentence, you are in la-ala land.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
I actually don't think you have any concrete plan at all to expand and won't do so for a couple of seasons at least. For the reasons I've already mentioned. although giver Jenkins quotes in the past he may well be thinking along the lines of trying to emulate us -after all it was his fascination for the last 7-8 years.

Aye, then he surpassed you.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Fact -----smaller clubs have smaller grounds and smaller attendances. i rest my case.

It's not rocket science fella's. Lets be honest, Cardiff should have bigger attendances. It's a higher populated city with a bigger catchment area. Don't think anyone can deny that, but does that necessarily make you a bigger club? Not sure it does to be honest. The Swans have played in the top tier of football twice in recent decades so that balances things out for me. Infact if anything it highlights the mighty Cardiff city as being even bigger underachievers than we already knew they were. Aren't you supposed to be "bigger than Barcelona"? Your slightly higher average attendances are really nothing to be proud about when you take everything into account.

thats like us saying that we are a bigger club than say " sheffield wednesday as we are playing at a higher league than them for the last couple of seasons... its bollocks.... just because a team are currently playing at a lower division it doesnt make them any smaller...

honours & records

Records

Original colours
Main article: List of Cardiff City F.C. records and statistics
Club Record Attendance: 57,893 vs. Arsenal
At Ninian Park: 57,893 vs. Arsenal
At Cardiff City Stadium: 26,058 vs. Queens Park Rangers, 23 April 2011
Year Formed: 1899 (as Riverside A.F.C.)
Previous Names: 1899 Riverside A.F.C.; 1902 Riverside Albion; 1908 Cardiff City
Previous Grounds: Ninian Park, Riverside, Sophia Gardens, Old Park and Fir Gardens until 1910
Record Transfer fee paid: £3,000,000, Michael Chopra, 4 July 2009.[38]
Record Transfer fee received: £5,000,000, Michael Chopra, 2007, and Roger Johnson, 2009.[39]
[edit]Honours

FA Cup
Winners: – 1927
Runners-up: – 1925, 2008
FA Charity Shield
Winners: – 1927
First Division
Runners-up: – 1923–24
Second Division
Runners-up: – 1920–21, 1951–52, 1959–60 (As second tier)
Play-Off Winners: – 2002–03 (As third tier)
Third Division South
Champions: – 1946–47
Third Division
Champions: – 1992–93
Runners-up: – 1975–76, 1982–83
Fourth Division
Runners-up: – 1987–88
Southern Football League Second Division
Champions: – 1913
Welsh Cup
Winners: – 1912, 1920, 1922, 1923, 1927, 1928, 1930, 1956, 1959, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1988, 1992, 1993
FAW Premier Cup
Winners: – 2002
FAW Welsh Youth Cup
Winners: – 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006
Runners-up: – 1992, 2005, 2008
FAW Invitation Cup
Runners-up: – 1998
Centenary Cup
Winners: – 1999
Algarve Challenge Cup
Winners: – 2008
VansDirect Cup
Winners: – 2008 (shared)
[edit]Sources

highest attendance at vetch v arsenal 1968 32786
highest attendancw at lib v villa 2011 20404

highest attendance at ninian pk v arsenal 57893
highest attendance at ccs v qpr 2011 26058

You've obviously gone to a lot of trouble to present all these stats. Assuming your intentions were to impress, i'm afraid to tell you that you've failed. With the exception of the F.A cup success you had back in a time when electricity had only just been invented, there's really not much to report. Pretty embarassing for our so called capital city. So that only really leaves you with average attendances. Expected really that you'd get marginally more through the gates considering the population of the 2 cities in question, but if thats all you judge a football team on why bother with the actual fooball? Lets just hand out trophies to the towns and cities in order of population! Oh dear, Cardiff still wouldn't win a brass farthing. :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Dear dear. PLEASE FFS check yur facts. you've had oNE season in the last 14 or so when your gates have been higher. We've had the rest and one more this year.

The rest is most likely bollox too but I can't even be bothered going beyond the first sentence, you are in la-ala land.

we've had higher attendaces then them about 10 seasons since 2000. he's a thick c**t in he? :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:will you invest in one of these swansealad...........

Perhaps you should think about getting yourself one Blackwood, seeing as you didn't manage to compose 7 words and attach a photo without f*cking it up and needing an edit. :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Half these Swan fans on here dont half throw their toys out the pram :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:21 pm

magic daps, i purposely refrained from posting your accolades in fear of embarrassing you.. you list is poor to say the least. plus this are just winners and runners up and exclude the many semi finals of competitions that we have graced... how many wembley appearances have you had?

i also noted that you have never been passed the 2nd rd of a european competition. and in that second round you failed to score home and away... nout changes there then!!!

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:23 pm

Early 80s u f*cking retards,,,all can check out on the internet,,as for plucking things out of the air,,they are looking at extending the lib to 27k,,that means a extra 6,500,never been said 10k 7k or any other k,just increasing it to 27k..

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:27 pm

magicdaps wrote:

Perhaps you should think about getting yourself one Blackwood, seeing as you didn't manage to compose 7 words and attach a photo without f*cking it up and needing an edit. :lol:

just a bit tired, but doesn't stop me from making ridiculous spelling errors.. some of them my two year old can write.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 pm

magicdaps wrote:

just a bit tired, but doesn't stop me from making ridiculous spelling errors.. some of them my two year old can write.

p.s. the only reason why i edited it was because the picture attachment wouldnt open..

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Gypo's

Gypsy filth

Gypo's could not sell out their own allocation tonight

Ahem, you seem to have forgotten something...

http://wales.gov.uk/docs/statistics/201 ... 2011en.pdf

To recap.. There are 8.0625 gypsies livivng in Cardiff for every 1 in Swansea. FACT!

the film twintown was about gypos living in swansea thats why we call them gypos... know your history ;)

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:magic daps, i purposely refrained from posting your accolades in fear of embarrassing you.. you list is poor to say the least. plus this are just winners and runners up and exclude the many semi finals of competitions that we have graced... how many wembley appearances have you had?

i also noted that you have never been passed the 2nd rd of a european competition. and in that second round you failed to score home and away... nout changes there then!!!

You pose some rather unfortunate questions from a Cardiff point of view. We don't have to look too far back in history to find the answers...
Accolades? How does premier league sound? Only in your dreams. We are currently living YOUR dream.
Winners and runners up? Swansea City.. winners of the play off's. Cardiff city.. Failed. Again.
Wembley appearances you ask? I was there at the end of last season, and I remember one of the best day's out of my life. Could you say the same? No, I thought not. :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 pm

sorry you attendance facts are crap i have found no evadence to support what your saying

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:magic daps, i purposely refrained from posting your accolades in fear of embarrassing you.. you list is poor to say the least. plus this are just winners and runners up and exclude the many semi finals of competitions that we have graced... how many wembley appearances have you had?

You pose some rather unfortunate questions from a Cardiff point of view. We don't have to look too far back in history to find the answers...
Accolades? How does premier league sound? Only in your dreams. We are currently living YOUR dream.
Winners and runners up? Swansea City.. winners of the play off's. Cardiff city.. Failed. Again.
Wembley appearances you ask? I was there at the end of last season, and I remember one of the best day's out of my life. Could you say the same? No, I thought not. :lol:

you will do a blackpool mate, all the hype for one season then fuk all.. your crowds will soon be 12-13 k again and you will just be another championship team... wont be long now...

how does prem league sound?? well if your happy to cheer at nil nils and one alls you can keep it mate...

surely you should spend some of that 90 million windfall and buy some players in jan than can actually go forward ...

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:55 pm

magicdaps wrote:

you will do a blackpool mate, all the hype for one season then fuk all.. your crowds will soon be 12-13 k again and you will just be another championship team... wont be long now...

how does prem league sound?? well if your happy to cheer at nil nils and one alls you can keep it mate...

surely you should spend some of that 90 million windfall and buy some players in jan than can actually go forward ...

We could, or seeing as that £90m you refer too includes 4 years of parachute payments, we could continue to spend wisely as we have which has brought us to 14th place after 18 games. Far better than 99% of posters on here were expecting.

Danny Graham not doing too shabbily eh?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:58 pm

NJ73 wrote:
magicdaps wrote:

We could, or seeing as that £90m you refer too includes 4 years of parachute payments, we could continue to spend wisely as we have which has brought us to 14th place after 18 games. Far better than 99% of posters on here were expecting.

enlighten me as i dont see him on this list...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry Lads but this thread has got a bit embarrassing on both sides. :o

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry Lads but this thread has got a bit embarrassing on both sides. :o

Agreed! The jacks are in the big boys league, we ain't. They have the bragging rights...for now :D

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:07 am

NJ73 wrote:
magicdaps wrote:

enlighten me as i dont see him on this list...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... efault.stm

He's got 6, in a team that apparently doesn't pass the ball over the half way line having missed a few games and didn't score in his first 5.

Can't be bad eh?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:13 am

swansealad69 wrote:You have a 26k stadium, ,we have a 20??,,the lower section of the away end was empty as they did not sell out,,ther for we could not fill the stadium,its not hard even for hillbily folk like you,but you still trying to convince your selfs that you are better then us,,sad realy.
Anyway a extra 6and a half new seats going in at the end of the season to take it to 27k,and as demand for season tickets is so high as they are not allowed to sell more,let alone match day tickets we will fill the 27k allso given us bigger crowds then you,so you will have to find somthing els to convince your sory little selfs,,,small club syndrome I think they call it? :lol:

Where are you going to put an extra 6,000 seats in your little stadium...impossible to do perhaps 600 at a push.As an egg fan as well i have been down on many occassions to watch the ospreys(neath rugby still the backbone of ospreys support)so i should know.By the way you are going to have to pay your way sooner or later for the rent on your council owned stadium,in these days of public sector cutbacks are the overwhelming majority of your good townspeople who do not support the swansea town football club going to be happy to subsidise you lot? Rumour has it the ospreys intend to exercise a break clause in their contract to play at the puberty-and intend to play at a new purpose built stadium in Bridgend.Dont know if you are old enough to remember Toshack`s words when he was manager when you were last in the top flight-THIS CLUB DOES NOT DESERVE SUCCESS AS WE ARE NOT GETTING THE SUPPORT WE DESERVE-cant blame him you were only getting average of 12,000? i think.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 am

neathbluebird wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:You have a 26k stadium, ,we have a 20??,,the lower section of the away end was empty as they did not sell out,,ther for we could not fill the stadium,its not hard even for hillbily folk like you,but you still trying to convince your selfs that you are better then us,,sad realy.
Anyway a extra 6and a half new seats going in at the end of the season to take it to 27k,and as demand for season tickets is so high as they are not allowed to sell more,let alone match day tickets we will fill the 27k allso given us bigger crowds then you,so you will have to find somthing els to convince your sory little selfs,,,small club syndrome I think they call it? :lol:

Where are you going to put an extra 6,000 seats in your little stadium...impossible to do perhaps 600 at a push.As an egg fan as well i have been down on many occassions to watch the ospreys(neath rugby still the backbone of ospreys support)so i should know.By the way you are going to have to pay your way sooner or later for the rent on your council owned stadium,in these days of public sector cutbacks are the overwhelming majority of your good townspeople who do not support the swansea town football club going to be happy to subsidise you lot? Rumour has it the ospreys intend to exercise a break clause in their contract to play at the puberty-and intend to play at a new purpose built stadium in Bridgend.Dont know if you are old enough to remember Toshack`s words when he was manager when you were last in the top flight-THIS CLUB DOES NOT DESERVE SUCCESS AS WE ARE NOT GETTING THE SUPPORT WE DESERVE-cant blame him you were only getting average of 12,000? i think.

The arsepreys can get the f**k away from Bridgend. Just turn Bridgend town fc semi pro or pro and chuck em in the English pyramid, they will get decent support :D

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:22 am

magicdaps wrote:

Maybe we'll stay up, and maybe we'll go down. I don't have a crystal ball, and neither do you. I seem to remember some on here suggesting that we'd beat Derby's record of gaining the fewest number of premier league points. So far I think we're doing better than most fans and pundits had predicted, but whatever happens we're enjoying the ride. You never know, one day you too might enjoy life in the premiership. Just don't hold your breath. :lol: :lol:
P.s, count up the 0-0's and 1-1's. That'd be 6 out of 18 games by my reckoning. You don't know what you're talking about....

1 - 1 QPR Liberty Stadium
Wednesday 21 December 2011
20:00 Everton 1 - 0 Swansea Goodison Park
Saturday 17 December 2011
15:00 Newcastle 0 - 0 Swansea Sports Direct Arena
Saturday 10 December 2011
15:00 Swansea 2 - 0 Fulham Liberty Stadium
Saturday 3 December 2011
15:00 Blackburn 4 - 2 Swansea Ewood Park
Sunday 27 November 2011
13:30 Swansea 0 - 0 Aston Villa Liberty Stadium
Saturday 19 November 2011
17:30 Swansea 0 - 1 Man Utd Liberty Stadium
Saturday 5 November 2011
15:00 Liverpool 0 - 0 Swansea Anfield
Saturday 29 October 2011
15:00 Swansea 3 - 1 Bolton Liberty Stadium
Saturday 22 October 2011
12:45 Wolves 2 - 2 Swansea Molineux Stadium
Saturday 15 October 2011
15:00 Norwich 3 - 1 Swansea Carrow Road
Sunday 2 October 2011
15:00 Swansea 2 - 0 Stoke Liberty Stadium
Saturday 24 September 2011
15:00 Chelsea 4 - 1 Swansea Stamford Bridge
Saturday 17 September 2011
15:00 Swansea 3 - 0 West Brom Liberty Stadium
Saturday 10 September 2011
15:00 Arsenal 1 - 0 Swansea Emirates Stadium
Saturday 27 August 2011
15:00 Swansea 0 - 0 Sunderland Liberty Stadium
Saturday 20 August 2011
15:00 Swansea 0 - 0 Wigan Liberty Stadium
Monday 15 August 2011
20:00 Man City 4 - 0 Swansea

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:31 am

neathbluebird wrote:

Cardiff fans.. please have a word with him before I start picking his post apart, word by word. It's most embarassing. :oops:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:34 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:

The arsepreys can get the f**k away from Bridgend. Just turn Bridgend town fc semi pro or pro and chuck em in the English pyramid, they will get decent support :D

just a rumour about bridgend but they are deffo looking to get out of having to play every game at the puberty

Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:02 am

neathbluebird wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
neathbluebird wrote:

just a rumour about bridgend but they are deffo looking to get out of having to play every game at the puberty

This has to be the most cringeworthy post I've ever had the fortune to read. :lol: It must be utterly humiliating for one of your own to be writing stuff like this, and believe me I've read some corkers written by you lot. It's gold. Pure comedy gold. :lol: Perhaps tomorrow I'll pick it apart word by word, just for the fun of it.