Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 19,530

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:40 pm

fair play city fans are so bitter would u rather be getting 19,000 in the prem or 23,000 in the champ? we should be worrying about getting our own club sorted before picking at faults of others.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Who cares what crowds they get its not important. Its a crap arguement people. let them have their moment in the sun.Has it been confirmed they are expanding because i have my doubts.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

Kingyccfc wrote:Who cares what crowds they get its not important. Its a crap arguement people. let them have their moment in the sun.Has it been confirmed they are expanding because i have my doubts.

just rumours on that stupid, retard infested planetswans forum.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:37 pm

swansealad69 wrote:You have a 26k stadium, ,we have a 20??,,the lower section of the away end was empty as they did not sell out,,ther for we could not fill the stadium,its not hard even for hillbily folk like you,but you still trying to convince your selfs that you are better then us,,sad realy.
Anyway a extra 6and a half new seats going in at the end of the season to take it to 27k,and as demand for season tickets is so high as they are not allowed to sell more,let alone match day tickets we will fill the 27k allso given us bigger crowds then you,so you will have to find somthing els to convince your sory little selfs,,,small club syndrome I think they call it? :lol:

6500 is it now.

So Huw's promise of 10k, dropped quickly to 7500, now down to 6500.

Is that figure now JUST so you can have a bigger ground than us :lol: :lol:, thing is we can put in more seats without having to pull anything down.

£15m for the job and a stand closed for 6 months as well as your ground wasn't built to be expanded. How much has bignose asked the council for :lol:

You may also find that demand for STs falls with a bigger ground as people will know there are spare seats and can pick and choose. AT the moment you can only sell about 15-16k max, if this becomes 22k then poeple will know there won't be a problem getting in and the ones who want to see Man U and Liverpool and not Bolton and Wigan won't bother.

Besides the fact you are far from safe yet - one win in 8 (recent form) won't be enough.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:42 pm

james-jackarmy wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:My mate is a Liverpool fan and bought a season ticket just to watch Liverpool last game of the season but sells it every week for £15, but could not sell it for tonight's game! Gypo's could not sell out their own allocation tonight, shit ground, shit fans. :x

what a bitter little c**t haha. makes my day reading the bitterness everyday. swansea city first welsh premier league club. cardiff city when they do somthing worth appreciating we'll write somthing down. as for gypos id be a gypo than support a bunch of peodophiles like your lot. dirty bunch of rapists. wait i better slap my head :ayatollah: and grab a copy of annis' new amazing story he prob just made up,
as for not selling our allocation every home game has been sold out for the season you retard.

You need your mouth washed out sonny.

Who exactly are you referring to as 'paedo's and rapists' ?

Only one player from either club I can remember accused of rape in the last 20 years. Guess who ?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
james-jackarmy wrote:
Neath Bluebird wrote:My mate is a Liverpool fan and bought a season ticket just to watch Liverpool last game of the season but sells it every week for £15, but could not sell it for tonight's game! Gypo's could not sell out their own allocation tonight, shit ground, shit fans. :x

what a bitter little c**t haha. makes my day reading the bitterness everyday. swansea city first welsh premier league club. cardiff city when they do somthing worth appreciating we'll write somthing down. as for gypos id be a gypo than support a bunch of peodophiles like your lot. dirty bunch of rapists. wait i better slap my head :ayatollah: and grab a copy of annis' new amazing story he prob just made up,
as for not selling our allocation every home game has been sold out for the season you retard.

Only one player from either club I can remember accused of rape in the last 20 years. Guess who ?

That'll be magic daps wont it Lawnmower ;)

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:28 pm

HANDBALL ! wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:You have a 26k stadium, ,we have a 20??,,the lower section of the away end was empty as they did not sell out,,ther for we could not fill the stadium,its not hard even for hillbily folk like you,but you still trying to convince your selfs that you are better then us,,sad realy.
Anyway a extra 6and a half new seats going in at the end of the season to take it to 27k,and as demand for season tickets is so high as they are not allowed to sell more,let alone match day tickets we will fill the 27k allso given us bigger crowds then you,so you will have to find somthing els to convince your sory little selfs,,,small club syndrome I think they call it? :lol:

Whose gonna sit on the half a seat ?? :lol:
Whose paying to put extra seats in ?

THEIR NOT PAYING FOR EXTRA SEATS THEIR TAKING OLD ONES OUT OF THEIR CARAVANS AND REPLACING WITH DECKCHAIRS AS CHEAP THIS TIME OF YEAR DOWN THE GOWER :lol: :lol: :old:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
james-jackarmy wrote:

That'll be magic daps wont it Lawnmower ;)

Oi! Bloody cheek! I never touched her m'lud.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:31 pm

Fact -----smaller clubs have smaller grounds and smaller attendances. i rest my case.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:28 pm

murphy wrote:
Kingyccfc wrote:Who cares what crowds they get its not important. Its a crap arguement people. let them have their moment in the sun.Has it been confirmed they are expanding because i have my doubts.

Murphy from Tonyrefail, you seem to know an awful lot of the goings on at planet swans for someone who claims to have never visited the site. Care to explain?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:37 pm

irishblue wrote:
HANDBALL ! wrote:

Whose gonna sit on the half a seat ?? :lol:
Whose paying to put extra seats in ?

THEIR NOT PAYING FOR EXTRA SEATS THEIR TAKING OLD ONES OUT OF THEIR CARAVANS AND REPLACING WITH DECKCHAIRS AS CHEAP THIS TIME OF YEAR DOWN THE GOWER :lol: :lol: :old:

I'd stay away from the gypsy jokes if I were you "irish" blue. :roll:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Fact -----smaller clubs have smaller grounds and smaller attendances. i rest my case.

It's not rocket science fella's. Lets be honest, Cardiff should have bigger attendances. It's a higher populated city with a bigger catchment area. Don't think anyone can deny that, but does that necessarily make you a bigger club? Not sure it does to be honest. The Swans have played in the top tier of football twice in recent decades so that balances things out for me. Infact if anything it highlights the mighty Cardiff city as being even bigger underachievers than we already knew they were. Aren't you supposed to be "bigger than Barcelona"? Your slightly higher average attendances are really nothing to be proud about when you take everything into account.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:59 pm

magicdaps wrote:
murphy wrote:

Murphy from Tonyrefail, you seem to know an awful lot of the goings on at planet swans for someone who claims to have never visited the site. Care to explain?

i've never been a member of planetswans but i do have an occasional browse.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:12 pm

Smaller clubs have smaller grounds??our new ground was up and running 5 years before you even started to build,and you allso had the benefit of seeing how our new ground attracted more fans,,ther fore you built a bigger stadium, but as I said 5 years ahead of you.
and as for the new seats at the lib,they are building behind each goal to take the capacity to 27k,never was 10k mentioned by anyone, allso,did any of you hear of a poll done by htv wales asking who the folk of wales suported??you were just ahead of man u,but behind us in second place,,putting us as the best supported club,going on that poll??must admit that I read it on planet swsns,but I'm sure some wiz kid on here can look it up and confirm,it was around a month back I believe.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Smaller clubs have smaller grounds??our new ground was up and running 5 years before you even started to build,and you allso had the benefit of seeing how our new ground attracted more fans,,ther fore you built a bigger stadium, but as I said 5 years ahead of you.
and as for the new seats at the lib,they are building behind each goal to take the capacity to 27k,never was 10k mentioned by anyone, allso,did any of you hear of a poll done by htv wales asking who the folk of wales suported??you were just ahead of man u,but behind us in second place,,putting us as the best supported club,going on that poll??must admit that I read it on planet swsns,but I'm sure some wiz kid on here can look it up and confirm,it was around a month back I believe.

opinion polls are crap tbh-statistics for the last 20 years or so (and back through history) shows that historically ccfc are a much bigger club.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm

swansealad69 wrote:did any of you hear of a poll done by htv wales asking who the folk of wales suported??you were just ahead of man u,but behind us in second place,,putting us as the best supported club,going on that poll??must admit that I read it on planet swsns,but I'm sure some wiz kid on here can look it up and confirm,it was around a month back I believe.

Bringing out the statistics,you will only be shot down.The only one that you really have over us is that you were first to the prem.We won the welsh cup more times than you,FA Cup more times.Bigger average attendances than you.
Anything else?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:57 pm

with all due respect... what do you expect swansea to do, extend the capacity by 10000 in 3 weeks? its not their fault that their stadium doesn't hold as much as ours, bear in mind where they were when it got built.

Give them a break, they sell out what they have and they are getting more welsh players playing top flight football, which is only good for the national side

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:Smaller clubs have smaller grounds??our new ground was up and running 5 years before you even started to build,and you allso had the benefit of seeing how our new ground attracted more fans,,ther fore you built a bigger stadium, but as I said 5 years ahead of you.

opinion polls are crap tbh-statistics for the last 20 years or so (and back through history) shows that historically ccfc are a much bigger club.

Gareth, the more you try to big up Cardiff, and the more you try to belittle Swansea, the more you highlight your clubs persistent under achievement. If Cardiff were that much bigger and better, why is it that we've played top fight football twice in recent times, and you have not?

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:38 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Gareth, the more you try to big up Cardiff, and the more you try to belittle Swansea, the more you highlight your clubs persistent under achievement. If Cardiff were that much bigger and better, why is it that we've played top fight football twice in recent times, and you have not?

I've never said that we are a big club-we are bigger than you by a long way-look at the data. Average crowds, average league positions etc... We are footballs biggest underachievers of last 50 years i would say. 1 FA Cup final and 2 league cup semi finals not forgetting ECWC semis as well do say that maybe we are not as bad as i make out. You are punching above your weight-soon you lot will fall from grace.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:47 pm

dropebluebird wrote:
swansealad69 wrote:did any of you hear of a poll done by htv wales asking who the folk of wales suported??you were just ahead of man u,but behind us in second place,,putting us as the best supported club,going on that poll??must admit that I read it on planet swsns,but I'm sure some wiz kid on here can look it up and confirm,it was around a month back I believe.

Bringing out the statistics,you will only be shot down.The only one that you really have over us is that you were first to the prem.We won the welsh cup more times than you,FA Cup more times.Bigger average attendances than you.
Anything else?

Lets put this one to bed. It was an S4C poll. On Y Byd Y Bedwar.

For Welsh speakers.

In essence it means feck all because it was on a channel only about 5% of our population watch, and our catchment area is the one with the least Welsh speakers.

Check out the average gates of our clubs over any period you like and you'll see Cardiff are bigger.

Why you are even bothered about this I don't know. Currently you are playing a division above us, so why any Swansea fan should give a shit about anything else never mind make themselves look stupid by trying to prove something they have little chance of justifying I'll never understand.

here is the extract from it....

Welsh language current affairs tv programme 'Y Byd ar Bedwar' (World on Four) ran a poll on their show last Monday evening. You can watch the show (if you speak Welsh) at the link above, it asked what clubs welshmen support.

YouGov is a professional research and consulting organisation. The survey was conducted over three days last week - 16th - 18th November for Welsh language current affairs programme on S4C - 'Y Byd ar Bedwar' (World on Four).

According to the poll Cardiff City is more popular amongst Welsh fans than last season's Premier League Champions, Manchester United.

1000 Welsh adults were questioned for the poll and the first questioned asked was which football club they supported. Over half of those who were football fans, 54 % supported English clubs 17% of them supporting Man U. But according to 'Y Byd ar Bedwar' survey the best supported team in Wales is Swansea with 20% whilst 18% back Cardiff .

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:49 pm

Only by your chairman.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -28979415/

:lol:

You are having a bit of a mare on this one mate.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Only by your chairman.

Tell me, does he say there that the plan is to increase the capacity by 10k or is he reported as saying (not quoted) what the cost of a 10k expansion would be?

But don't the facts get in the way :lol:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 pm

so this poll the muppets are on about was answered by 1000 welsh speaking people, so most of them would have been from north or west wales. wow, what a fair poll and the muppets are creaming their pants because they had 2% more fans then us.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:00 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Only by your chairman.

Tell me, does he say there that the plan is to increase the capacity by 10k or is he reported as saying (not quoted) what the cost of a 10k expansion would be?

The quote was 'never has 10k been mentioned by anyone'.

And I showed it has.

If he wasn't talking about 10k then why did he mention 10k.

3 weeks later it was 7500. :lol:

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Swans ... story.html

Show me where he says there is a plan to increase by 6500. ;)

Trying to wriggle out of it by semantics isn't working.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:05 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Only by your chairman.

And I showed it has.

Not semantics, facts.

Anyway, what point are you trying to make exactly? Our success demands an increased capacity. Whether that be 10k, 7k or whatever can be afforded.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:09 pm

It's not your ground it's the councils.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Only by your chairman.

And I showed it has.

Not semantics, facts.

Anyway, what point are you trying to make exactly? Our success demands an increased capacity. Whether that be 10k, 7k or whatever can be afforded.

No, what I quoted were the facts. Try to come up with some links to prove otherwise.
Like the 6500 one, which personaly I think swansea69 has plucked out of thin air.

As I said, the figure seems to be moving more toward what is just needed to make the ground slightly bigger than ours. :lol: Also no mention of construction time or and actual promise to do it.

If Jenkins has any sense he'll wait for 3-4 seasons to see if the novelty wears off.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 pm

magicdaps wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:Fact -----smaller clubs have smaller grounds and smaller attendances. i rest my case.

It's not rocket science fella's. Lets be honest, Cardiff should have bigger attendances. It's a higher populated city with a bigger catchment area. Don't think anyone can deny that, but does that necessarily make you a bigger club? Not sure it does to be honest. The Swans have played in the top tier of football twice in recent decades so that balances things out for me. Infact if anything it highlights the mighty Cardiff city as being even bigger underachievers than we already knew they were. Aren't you supposed to be "bigger than Barcelona"? Your slightly higher average attendances are really nothing to be proud about when you take everything into account.

thats like us saying that we are a bigger club than say " sheffield wednesday as we are playing at a higher league than them for the last couple of seasons... its bollocks.... just because a team are currently playing at a lower division it doesnt make them any smaller...

honours & records

Records

Original colours
Main article: List of Cardiff City F.C. records and statistics
Club Record Attendance: 57,893 vs. Arsenal
At Ninian Park: 57,893 vs. Arsenal
At Cardiff City Stadium: 26,058 vs. Queens Park Rangers, 23 April 2011
Year Formed: 1899 (as Riverside A.F.C.)
Previous Names: 1899 Riverside A.F.C.; 1902 Riverside Albion; 1908 Cardiff City
Previous Grounds: Ninian Park, Riverside, Sophia Gardens, Old Park and Fir Gardens until 1910
Record Transfer fee paid: £3,000,000, Michael Chopra, 4 July 2009.[38]
Record Transfer fee received: £5,000,000, Michael Chopra, 2007, and Roger Johnson, 2009.[39]
[edit]Honours

FA Cup
Winners: – 1927
Runners-up: – 1925, 2008
FA Charity Shield
Winners: – 1927
First Division
Runners-up: – 1923–24
Second Division
Runners-up: – 1920–21, 1951–52, 1959–60 (As second tier)
Play-Off Winners: – 2002–03 (As third tier)
Third Division South
Champions: – 1946–47
Third Division
Champions: – 1992–93
Runners-up: – 1975–76, 1982–83
Fourth Division
Runners-up: – 1987–88
Southern Football League Second Division
Champions: – 1913
Welsh Cup
Winners: – 1912, 1920, 1922, 1923, 1927, 1928, 1930, 1956, 1959, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1988, 1992, 1993
FAW Premier Cup
Winners: – 2002
FAW Welsh Youth Cup
Winners: – 1990, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006
Runners-up: – 1992, 2005, 2008
FAW Invitation Cup
Runners-up: – 1998
Centenary Cup
Winners: – 1999
Algarve Challenge Cup
Winners: – 2008
VansDirect Cup
Winners: – 2008 (shared)
[edit]Sources

highest attendance at vetch v arsenal 1968 32786
highest attendancw at lib v villa 2011 20404

highest attendance at ninian pk v arsenal 57893
highest attendance at ccs v qpr 2011 26058

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
magicdaps wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

I've never said that we are a big club-we are bigger than you by a long way-look at the data. Average crowds, average league positions etc... We are footballs biggest underachievers of last 50 years i would say. 1 FA Cup final and 2 league cup semi finals not forgetting ECWC semis as well do say that maybe we are not as bad as i make out. You are punching above your weight-soon you lot will fall from grace.

We are footballs biggest underachievers of last 50 years i would say

1 FA Cup final and 2 league cup semi finals not forgetting ECWC semis as well do say that maybe we are not as bad as i make out.

A very confusing and contradictory message. Do you believe you are perennial underachievers or do you not? You still haven't answered my question. Why, if you are so much bigger and better than us have we played top flight football not once, but twice in recent years, and you have not? It's a simple question really.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Only by your chairman.

And I showed it has.

Not semantics, facts.

No, what I quoted were the facts. Try to come up with some links to prove otherwise.
Like the 6500 one, which personaly I think swansea69 has plucked out of thin air.

As I said, the figure seems to be moving more toward what is just needed to make the ground slightly bigger than ours. :lol: Also no mention of construction time or and actual promise to do it.

If Jenkins has any sense he'll wait for 3-4 seasons to see if the novelty wears off.

So you think the aim is to make the ground just slightly bigger than yours on the basis, I assume from the :lol: in your sentence, that it would be putting one over on you?

Dear God.