Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mame Biram Diouf

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:29 am

Maybe he feels a shadow of himself and is a little starstruck among all the superstars at Old Trafford because he actually looks half decent in this you tube vid as an out and out striker maybe Alex been playing him out of position out wide most of the time - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_2el7671kw

Re: Mame Biram Diouf

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 am

More here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_LTgBGGqo8 and here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mame_Biram_Diouf - and here - http://www.manutd.com/en/Players-And-St ... Diouf.aspx

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:37 am

Have faith in the manager fellers.

The fact that he DIDNT want to come here and drop down a league
is a positive in my eyes. It proves the lad has ambition. It also must
prove Malky has sold the Club to him

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 am

A bit more here from a manc fan who followed him in the reserves posting about him on a Blackburn forum - http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?p=83459#p83459

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:50 am

Perhaps the lad is lacking match practice and confidence.

I get this funny feeling the feller will be a revelation here if he comes

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:34 pm

the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations starts 21 January.will he involved in that :old:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 pm

stickywicket wrote:the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations starts 21 January.will he involved in that :old:

Oh FFS. If he's coming here and playing in that???

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:22 pm

stickywicket wrote:the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations starts 21 January.will he involved in that :old:

Looks like he is part of the Senegal Squad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senegal_na ... tball_team

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:04 pm

he is not in the senegal squad
Senegal are in Group A of the tournament, alongside co-hosts Equatorial Guinea, Zambia and Libya.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Khadim Ndiaye (ASC Linguere), Bouna Coundoul (New York Red Bulls, USA), Pape Latyr Ndiaye (Ouakam)

Defenders: Kader Mangane (Rennes, France), Souleymane Diawara (Marseille, France), Lamine Sané (Bordeaux, France), Jacques Faty (Sivasspor, Turkey), Moustapha Bayal Sall (St Etienne, France), Pape Malickou Diakhaté (Granada, Spain) , Cheikh Mbengue (Toulouse, France), Armand Traoré (QPR, England), Omar Daff (Brest, France)

Midfielders: Rémi Gomis (Valenciennes, France) , Mouhamed Diamé ( Wigan, England), Guirane N'Daw (Birmingham City, England) , Ndiaye Dème Ndiaye (Arles-Avignon, France)

Forward: Issiar Dia ( Fenerbahce, Turkey), Moussa Sow (Lille, France), Papiss Demba Cissé (Freiburg, Germany), Souleymane Camara (Montpelier, France), Mamadou Niang (Al Sadd, Qatar), Demba Ba (Newcastle United, England), Dame N'Doye (FC Copenhagen, Denmark

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:he is not in the senegal squad
Senegal are in Group A of the tournament, alongside co-hosts Equatorial Guinea, Zambia and Libya.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Khadim Ndiaye (ASC Linguere), Bouna Coundoul (New York Red Bulls, USA), Pape Latyr Ndiaye (Ouakam)

Defenders: Kader Mangane (Rennes, France), Souleymane Diawara (Marseille, France), Lamine Sané (Bordeaux, France), Jacques Faty (Sivasspor, Turkey), Moustapha Bayal Sall (St Etienne, France), Pape Malickou Diakhaté (Granada, Spain) , Cheikh Mbengue (Toulouse, France), Armand Traoré (QPR, England), Omar Daff (Brest, France)

Midfielders: Rémi Gomis (Valenciennes, France) , Mouhamed Diamé ( Wigan, England), Guirane N'Daw (Birmingham City, England) , Ndiaye Dème Ndiaye (Arles-Avignon, France)

Forward: Issiar Dia ( Fenerbahce, Turkey), Moussa Sow (Lille, France), Papiss Demba Cissé (Freiburg, Germany), Souleymane Camara (Montpelier, France), Mamadou Niang (Al Sadd, Qatar), Demba Ba (Newcastle United, England), Dame N'Doye (FC Copenhagen, Denmark

Good, good!!

Tell you what. The feller will be a right threat in the air if he does come :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:16 pm

taffyapple wrote:Perhaps the lad is lacking match practice and confidence.

Taffy I'm going to disagree with you on this one, I do believe Diouf has got the potential to do well, but for me hes not the finished article. He will be another Ethuhu......so much promise but no end product.

In my opinion we shouldnt be looking at premiership reserve strikers, they barely get any game time......and will be no use to us until another 2-3 months, by then, the season will be over. Ideally we should be looking at championship or league 1 strikers, who have got a proven record, that way we're able to bargain with the club, especially as they want to cash in.

I would only go for premiership players in the summer, that way, they get a full pre-season training ahead of the campaign.

Well thats how I see it, but if we do get Diouf, I hope he proves me wrong.......but at the same time, I wouldnt mind having Jordan Rhodes or Wright-Phillips from league 1, where I believe the transfer fee and wages will be alot lower compared to Diouf.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:25 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:he is not in the senegal squad

Squad

Rhonddablue :ayatollah: were did you get that named squad from please :?:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 pm

taffyapple wrote:Have faith in the manager fellers.

The fact that he DIDNT want to come here and drop down a league
is a positive in my eyes. It proves the lad has ambition. It also must
prove Malky has sold the Club to him

i agree its not always bad when a player doesnt want to drop down a league. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:32 pm

its at the bottom of this bbc football page http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:37 pm

rhonddablue1 wrote:its at the bottom of this bbc football page http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/default.stm

Cheers rhonddablue :ayatollah: - i only asked as i found this link with a different story :?: (also dated today)

http://www.rnw.nl/africa/bulletin/seneg ... ations-cup

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:45 pm

Diouf not in their squad - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16339184.stm

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:46 pm

I'll have to put this one down as 'wait and see' as I haven't really seen him play.

Would have preferred an established player like Fuller or Bentner, but willing to give the lad a chance.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:58 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:

Taffy I'm going to disagree with you on this one, I do believe Diouf has got the potential to do well, but for me hes not the finished article. He will be another Ethuhu......so much promise but no end product.

In my opinion we shouldnt be looking at premiership reserve strikers, they barely get any game time......and will be no use to us until another 2-3 months, by then, the season will be over. Ideally we should be looking at championship or league 1 strikers, who have got a proven record, that way we're able to bargain with the club, especially as they want to cash in.

I would only go for premiership players in the summer, that way, they get a full pre-season training ahead of the campaign.

Well thats how I see it, but if we do get Diouf, I hope he proves me wrong.......but at the same time, I wouldnt mind having Jordan Rhodes or Wright-Phillips from league 1, where I believe the transfer fee and wages will be alot lower compared to Diouf.

Jordan Rhodes would be massively out of our price range and is similar to what we have already.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:59 am

maccydee wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

Jordan Rhodes would be massively out of our price range and is similar to what we have already.

Maccydee :ayatollah: - Agree with you that Jordan Rhodes is massively out of our price range Now :(

But he is different to what we have now....This lad is the real deal...left / right foot and has height to score goals.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:03 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:
azz_ccfc wrote:

Maccydee :ayatollah: - Agree with you that Jordan Rhodes is massively out of our price range Now :(

But he is different to what we have now....This lad is the real deal...left / right foot and has height to score goals.

Rhodes will stay at Huddersfield unless a silly offer is made, i know Norwich are big admirers of him.

Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:19 pm

They say alot can change in 24hrs in football...Latest on Macheda and Mame Biram Diouf.... ( Time to move on ) ...

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 47804.html