Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU LIKE GUSTEDE? OR..........

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:17 pm

DO YOU THINK WE MIGHT ASWELL BE PLAYING WITH TEN MEN, AND HE'S A BAD OMEN TO THE SIDE :?

Re: DO YOU LIKE GUSTEDE? OR..........

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:18 pm

I like him

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:19 pm

i think we should have Earnie rather than Gustede if we play 4-4-2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:21 pm

adz-a32 wrote:i think we should have Earnie rather than Gustede if we play 4-4-2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on, rudy looked unaware today of what was going on!!
Not alert enough when balls came over the top!
And the balls were coming over the top of midfield cos their midfield was better than ours today!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Those asking for Earnie, no.

He can't jump or head, can't touch, can't pass, struggles to get a shot away, and has lost his pace, and awareness.

Gestede at least wins the headers, causes danger, provides flick ons for Miller e.e the end where he nearly scored, Miller nearly got their other times. May I remind you we never would have scored if it wasn't the run and threat of Gestede and then the defender knocked it out for a throw in, where incidentally we scored from!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:28 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
adz-a32 wrote:i think we should have Earnie rather than Gustede if we play 4-4-2. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

And the balls were coming over the top of midfield cos their midfield was better than ours today!

But that was based from some previous games. His only good game was that assist at West Ham. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:37 pm

adz-a32 wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:

But that was based from some previous games. His only good game was that assist at West Ham. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

everything was running smoothly until he come back into the equation and we were doing pretty shi'te before he got injured aswel,
that concerns me alot... something deffo missin, he's missing certain attributes which aren't always easily picked up .

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:04 pm

According to more than half the numpties on this site hes better than jay :lol:

Just cos he played on with injury v leicester. :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:28 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:DO YOU THINK WE MIGHT ASWELL BE PLAYING WITH TEN MEN, AND HE'S A BAD OMEN TO THE SIDE :?

Yes I do, but dont think he is the finished article yet. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:32 pm

not a fan myself. he wins headers, thats pretty much peoples arguments. there are thousands of players that do that. he is always caught offside as well. I thought he was awful when he came on against boro and i thought he was ineffective today as well. He's no jay bothroyd, maybe he works hard but thats not everything by any means.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:36 pm

Parkin is better than him

:lol: :lol: lets get him back. i'd prefer him anyway. Rudy loves the fans i think and all the chanting "RUDY, RUDY" but if you actually judge him like every other player i dont rate him.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:37 pm

Hes becoming a farcical joke just like eddie

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:39 pm

Hes becoming a farcical joke just like eddie

exactly

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:41 pm

I like him defo. But today he was awfull. And whilst we are at it Whitts had an awfull game for the second one on the bounce. But i am still loving this season and we need to really get behind them now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I like him defo. But today he was awfull. And whilst we are at it Whitts had an awfull game for the second one on the bounce. But i am still loving this season and we need to really get behind them now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whitts has carried us thus season so can be excused the odd poor game.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:47 pm

This IMO is why DJ tried to protect younger players, we are our own worst enemies.

Let him jut develope in his time.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:48 pm

2blue2handle wrote:This IMO is why DJ tried to protect younger players, we are our own worst enemies.

In his own time not ours preferably

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:00 pm

polo wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I like him defo. But today he was awfull. And whilst we are at it Whitts had an awfull game for the second one on the bounce. But i am still loving this season and we need to really get behind them now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Whitts has carried us thus season so can be excused the odd poor game.

Correcto modo Chief. I wasn't having a go at him just stating a fact.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:12 pm

I think we have to give this guy a bit more time. It wasn't long ago before he was injured that everyone was praising his performancies. For me he bass Madrid this season very worthwhile, sure he will have a few bad games but that can be expected.

I think we should concentrate on getting behind our team and I'm sure they will respond in the right way.

Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:25 pm

Looking at some of these responses reminds me of how we have some of the dumbest people following us, no suprise to see Midfield General and Polo leading the pack :roll:

New Eddie, are you serious.

Won us the gane vs West Ham
Brilliant game and goals vs Leciester
Many convincing performances at the start of the season
Got us the throw in to win the goal today, always a nuisance
Mobile, unlike Parkin, ffs Parkin, ridiculous.
Has class, did you see his goal pre-season, quality.
Some of you have forgotten his age, settling in to a new country, new language surroundings at such an age, the potential is massive.

Wish we'd stop hoffing it up there, he's great with his feet to, no suprise to see Hudson the main idiot behind this, we need to stop hoofing it immediately when he comes on, because at times he is quality at his feet.

He's barely played for us ffs, some of you the biggest idiots I've ever seen.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:36 pm

sloper_road_legend wrote:DO YOU THINK WE MIGHT ASWELL BE PLAYING WITH TEN MEN, AND HE'S A BAD OMEN TO THE SIDE :?

he's not a bad omen, he will be a quality player

i like him, and i do think that he is already good enough for this level of football

however, unfortunately i just dont think he suits our style of play, we work alot better with Miller or Mason up front on their own in my opinion :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:39 pm

[quote="CCFC 24"]
Got us the throw in

[quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:45 pm

polo wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:Got us the throw in

To equalise, don't you dare lol at me, you compared to him to Eddie mate, something very wrong going in your head for sure, he had 1 dodgy game, so did Mason, and you suddenly slate him, people like you are a DISGRACE to this football club. Idiot of the highest order.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:47 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:
polo wrote:
CCFC 24 wrote:Got us the throw in

To equalise, don't you dare lol at me, you compared to him to Eddie mate, something very wrong going in your head for sure, he had 1 dodgy game, so did Mason, and you suddenly slate him, people like you are a DISGRACE to this football club. Idiot of the highest order.

How many throw ins did Eddie win for us?

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:20 am

What a shit thread.

Hes french and is 23 and has come to a league which is extremley diffucult.
Slating your on player? Does that make you a fan?

I fully support every player who plays for us maybe if its Gyepes or Naylor. I didnt panic when i heard Naylor was starting against Brum because i know MM dont take no f**king around and i knew he would take it serious! :ayatollah:

Stop slatting and start supporting you mindless idiots.

Who dosent have a bad game? Give the guy some time he havent even played that much! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:25 am

DandoCCFC wrote:What a shit thread.

Hes french and is 23 and has come to a league which is extremley diffucult.
Slating your on player? Does that make you a fan?

whats being french got to do with anything Theirry Henry seemed to be fine in the PL :?
Hes an average player at the moment he wins headers and thats it. He needs to improve on his shooting and his heading towards goal and hes sh@!t with ball at his feet and is no where near better than Jay but i got feeling he wont be another Eddie :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:25 am

to be fair whitts was a slight doubt before the game so wasnt 100% as for rudy for his size, strength and speed he should be doing better than he is...

i have met the guy and he is a really nice bloke, however im still unconvinced on the football field...

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:50 am

polo wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:This IMO is why DJ tried to protect younger players, we are our own worst enemies.

In both our time!!! Isn't it supposed to be bout us as in management, team, fans??
Or is that when it suits us?

He is raw, yes nearly 24 but little experience at this level. Just back from injury but the only type of player we have for upfront. Made a massive impact at west ham, excellent and saved us against Leicester in the cup. Lad needs a bit of support, maybe confidence after his injury.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:56 am

2blue2handle wrote:
polo wrote:

In both our time!!! Isn't it supposed to be bout us as in management, team, fans??
Or is that when it suits us?

He is raw, yes nearly 24 but little experience at this level. Just back from injury but the only type of player we have for upfront. Made a massive impact at west ham, excellent and saved us against Leicester in the cup. Lad needs a bit of support, maybe confidence after his injury.

Stop banging the West Ham drum it was nearly 5 months ago for gods sake.

Almost as tired as Dacry Blake played well for a few game with Gerrard in April 2010.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:03 am

Sorry Scruffy i forgot that Gestede played for Monaco and Juventus before going to Arsenal to club who were both in there good days where they were class still are but not as good as then.
Rudy played for Metz which is ligue 2.
I agree he needs to improve so will you fully support him that he will do that in the next few weeks if he stays fit.
He havent played bugger all and been injured give the guy a chance hes still learning. :ayatollah: