Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IS THIS OUR BLIP?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Every team has one throughout the season, its seems that this is our seasons blip. We are dropping points for fun at the moment and we need the transfer window ASAP to help us out.

Its evident that we need to offload and to strenghthen, wether the board sees that requirement and to what level of ambition they will set themselves remains to be seen.

At present we are not a top two side and without being too negative as i feel we have done wonders so far, but unless we get at least 3 to 4 new players and especially some pace in the side, im afraid to say it but we will struggle to remain a top 6 side.

Although consolidation was possibly our aim for this season, now that we have reached halfway at a great position it will be frustrating to let it slip away with lack of backing in the transfer window.

I will remain optomistic fo the coming month ahead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IS THIS OUR BLIP?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 pm

nobby wrote:Every team has one throughout the season, its seems that this is our seasons blip. We are dropping points for fun at the moment and we need the transfer window ASAP to help us out.

Its evident that we need to offload and to strenghthen, wether the board sees that requirement and to what level of ambition they will set themselves remains to be seen.

At present we are not a top two side and without being too negative as i feel we have done wonders so far, but unless we get at least 3 to 4 new players and especially some pace in the side, im afraid to say it but we will struggle to remain a top 6 side.

Although consolidation was possibly our aim for this season, now that we have reached halfway at a great position it will be frustrating to let it slip away with lack of backing in the transfer window.

I will remain optomistic fo the coming month ahead. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Dai, hopefully it is and our only one, once strengthened we will be stronger than before. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:24 pm

I hope so, one defeat in twelve games is one mighty blip.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:34 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I hope so, one defeat in twelve games is one mighty blip.

2points from nine Gwyn, another tough away trip and an extremely tough home game coming up, im just asking the question not saying it is.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:30 am

What happened to 'win all your games at home and whatever you get away is a bonus'
So apart from Brough whats wrong? Nothing.

Dont care how bad we are playing away or how good but as long as we are picking the points thats all important!
Every point you get in this league is vital come may! :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:54 am

Wouldn't even class this as a blip really.
Yes 2 from nine but how many from the previous 10?
We were never going to keep winning, all last 3 games could have gone either way.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:06 am

Agreed 2b.

A blip is getting stuffed by a few goals. Like losing 3-0 in 2 games which hasnt happened.Look at our goal difference compared to the teams around us! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:28 am

Manager of the month curse. Once december is out you should be ok. Used to dread us jacks getting it - we always had a bad month after it.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:53 am

Hes got a point but we won 1 match! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:06 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Hes got a point but we won 1 match! :lol: :ayatollah:

Cardiff have looked strong at home, but I remember when Brendan won it and straight away we lost at home then drew at home to Millwall despite taking the lead and dominating only to concede to 'laurel and hardy' defending.

Long way to go yet. I really fancy West Ham to drop out as around business time they will feel the pressure. Boro, and Cardiff to fight for 2nd. Southampton looking like champs to me.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:30 am

Not saying this because of past 3 results but i dont think so :roll: :oops:
We get 3/4 players in then maybe but i dont think we can go the whole way with our squad! I think its to optmistic but anything can happen.
But we played very average in some matches and came out with ins so it shows we are a top team in the league! :D :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:27 am

Why is this a 'blip'?

At this point last year we just got smashed 4-1 by Watford and had 40 points.

This season we just drew with Watford and have 39points.

Last season we had 2 wins in the last 9 games at this point.

This season we have 5 wins in the last 9 games.

Last season we had 5 loses in the last 11 games

This season we have 1 loss in 11 games.

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:49 am

RFMH wrote:Why is this a 'blip'?

At this point last year we just got smashed 4-1 by Watford and had 40 points.

This season we just drew with Watford and have 39points.

Last season we had 2 wins in the last 9 games at this point.

This season we have 5 wins in the last 9 games.

Last season we had 5 loses in the last 11 games

This season we have 1 loss in 11 games.

I have not said it is a blip, i am asking the question is this our blip, with another tough away game coming up and Reading at home i feel we could drop more points, therefore im merely asking is this the part of the season where we have our blip as every team has one.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:33 am

well its not a blip unless you get creamed like 3-0 or 4-0 or something which is like last year.

Watford 4-1 Cardiff
Bristol 3-0 Cardiff

^^^
Thats a blip.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:43 am

DandoCCFC wrote:well its not a blip unless you get creamed like 3-0 or 4-0 or something which is like last year.

Watford 4-1 Cardiff
Bristol 3-0 Cardiff

^^^
Thats a blip.

Depends on what your definition of a blip is, mine is when you drop points consistently for a run of games, i.e we have dropped 7 points in the last 3 games and potentially could drop more. Also im not saying that this IS a blip, im asking is this our blip, and basically will it continue therefore making it a blip. Perhaps i should have worded it differently, my mistake.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 am

Well you defined it your way and it looks good but you could actually base it both ways to be honest! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:48 am

Picked up a point away in our last game, that's the way to do it they say don't they? Win at home and grab a point away? I know we lost our last home game,but that was against side doing well themselves and we are far from invincible!
Nobby is asking 'is this our blip?' well if it is I'd take it.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:51 am

The point is that we have too many draws and it's not enough to be pessimistic about but it's not enough to be optimistic about, therefore we feel frustrated because the team isn't doing badly but we have the opportunity to do really well and we're not doing that in some games, especially when it's there for the taking.