Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rudy sub

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 pm

I didnt listen to the game so wondering those who went or listened.....

Did the Rudy sub have a positive of negative effect on the team?
Second game in a row, Rudy has come on and we have changed shape looking to push on and get all 3 points but have conceded soon after.

Re: Rudy sub

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didnt listen to the game so wondering those who went or listened.....

Did the Rudy sub have a positive of negative effect on the team?
Second game in a row, Rudy has come on and we have changed shape looking to push on and get all 3 points but have conceded soon after.

Negative

I really like Rudy but i just think our system is far better with Miller playing the lone-striker role, and when we dont have a target man to aim for in the air

I know some people think we should sign a target man to change things late in the game, but in my opinion, we'd only be changing it for the worse generally, which is why id prefer to sign another small striker who can score goals like Billy Sharp or Simon Cox

so yeah a rare, poor tactical decision by Malky unfortunately today, but hopefully he will learn by the mistake :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Same happened against Boro, felt we had them until the subs

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Agree with the above. When Rudy came on we lost our way big time. We did not handle changing formation to well. And the same happened against Boro as well.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:07 pm

we totally lost our shape and were quite fortunate that watford didnt grab a second as we were all over the place.Taking filip kiss off was a big mistake in my opinion