Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The end for Earnie?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:31 am

With all the talk of a new striker coming in i believe this will be the end for Earnie, he will now become the 5th choice striker

The club should loan him out or release him as this would surely free up big wages, we should have never resigned him he is no longer good enough at this level although hes been an excellent sevant for the club over the years its my opinion that he is Malkys only poor signing (or was it his signing?)we cannot live in the past and both club and player needs to move on.

Opinions please

Re: The end for Earnie?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:10 am

Totally agree with you

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:20 am

I agree. Ernie seems to be the only signing that has not come off and he does not fit into the system of football we are playing.

Ernie is still good enough for the Championship, perhaps Forest would take him back for Morgan.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:21 am

Daviesblue wrote:With all the talk of a new striker coming in i believe this will be the end for Earnie, he will now become the 5th choice striker

The club should loan him out or release him as this would surely free up big wages, we should have never resigned him he is no longer good enough at this level although hes been an excellent sevant for the club over the years its my opinion that he is Malkys only poor signing (or was it his signing?)we cannot live in the past and both club and player needs to move on.

Opinions please

I knew this before we signed him he would be a wasted wage i mean he couldnt get in a relegation battling side last year at forrest either in the stands or watching from the bench he was :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:58 am

Daviesblue wrote:With all the talk of a new striker coming in i believe this will be the end for Earnie, he will now become the 5th choice striker

Opinions please

Whether you are right or not regarding his return to the club depends on how far your memory stretches

My own memory is reasonably lengthy and I certainly remember the MAJORITY of Bluebird fans being BEHIND the return of a Cardiff City legend in the Summer (particularly as he almowst single-handedly kept the Jacks out of the Premiership with his cameo play-off performance)

But hey, don't let amnesia and a little bit of "I said it all along" stand in the way of yet another moan about someone or something at a club currently doing 100 times better than we expected this season, eh??

And when you look at how the rest of the team have performed on the whole it would be very difficult to decide who should be dropped in favour of the 'Pocket Rocket' at the moment (and certainly not Kenny Miller on current form)

I dunno!! :roll:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:38 pm

exactly, i was all for earnie coming back and believe me if we still had bothroyd here and rob playing instead of chops he would do a job. he just doesnt fit to what we are doing and ends up running around like a headless chicken. players with his skill never lose it, its just not working for him which is unfortunate but in fairness he hasnt had a real moan about it either.