Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" What are the boards expectations? "

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 am

Does anyone know 100% what the board ie the malaysians etc expectations are for this season??
Despite what they say or what we hear sometimes i feel they might have a two to three year plan building steadily each season am i wrong in thinking that??

If theres a lack of big funding in january it might mean the board are sticking to a two or three year plan not that we are skint??
People at the club must have seen or heard of other teams getting promoted after steadily building instead of spending a big windfall of cash.

If the board or malky came out saying we have a three year plan and we wont be spending willy nilly the season tickets and interest in the club would drop

Re: What are the boards expectations?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:22 am

About sums it up to me from what i am seeing. This January window will tell us more.

We have done the money thing over the last few seasons and it has not got us anywhere. Close is simple not good enough.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:52 am

jinks-rct wrote:Does anyone know 100% what the board ie the malaysians etc expectations are for this season??
Despite what they say or what we hear sometimes i feel they might have a two to three year plan building steadily each season am i wrong in thinking that??

If theres a lack of big funding in january it might mean the board are sticking to a two or three year plan not that we are skint??
People at the club must have seen or heard of other teams getting promoted after steadily building instead of spending a big windfall of cash.

If the board or malky came out saying we have a three year plan and we wont be spending willy nilly the season tickets and interest in the club would drop

TBH I think we as fans (including me) get a little wrapped up with one dimentional thinking i.e. promotion to the Premier League.

However, I get the feeling that TG/VT's plan involves serveral levels eventually coming together which will include Premier League football at some stage. So the answer has to be a long term plan for PL football, but if we stumble on it a bit earlier than planned then all well and good.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:00 am

Midfield general wrote:Come on, these are the same guys who come in weeks before the play off final thinking that it was a easy way to make money.

That arguement has passed it it's sell by date long ago MG.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:13 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
jinks-rct wrote:Does anyone know 100% what the board ie the malaysians etc expectations are for this season??

TBH I think we as fans (including me) get a little wrapped up with one dimentional thinking i.e. promotion to the Premier League.

However, I get the feeling that TG/VT's plan involves serveral levels eventually coming together which will include Premier League football at some stage. So the answer has to be a long term plan for PL football, but if we stumble on it a bit earlier than planned then all well and good.

tony
the malaysians spoke about a three year plan which if true would include next season.
they are still having to invest a million a month into the club to keep us going and service debts i personally am very happy with that apparent lack of interest

Re: " What are the boards expectations? "

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:26 am

Foundations, building blocks, roof,internals, fixings &finishings, luxuries. We are very much at the beginning, foundations are almost in place, pay off Langstone and they will be in place and we will build from there. I don't think there is any rush. Malky and his staff are under no pressure to get us up this season. It would be nice if we could get there at the end of this season as we can continue to build in the Premier league, however I honestly believe that something special is happening at the CCS and we will become a force to be reckoned with in the coming years. Slowly slowly catchey monkey!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:20 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Come on, these are the same guys who come in weeks before the play off final thinking that it was a easy way to make money.

But has it Tone..? because once they got the club they haven't really invested lets be honest here. Even Dave Jones recently stated that they tried to get promotion 'on the cheap' last year. Personally they seen what the likes of Swansea spent but still got promotion and thought 'we can do it that way' not understanding that very, very few teams get promoted without spending. It just shows their real understanding of the game.

They have bought £12m of shares (more than has ever been bought by anyone else before) and loaned the club several million more ? All this in just 2 years.

So how can you say they haven't invested.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

But has it Tone..? because once they got the club they haven't really invested lets be honest here. Even Dave Jones recently stated that they tried to get promotion 'on the cheap' last year. Personally they seen what the likes of Swansea spent but still got promotion and thought 'we can do it that way' not understanding that very, very few teams get promoted without spending. It just shows their real understanding of the game.

They have bought £12m of shares (more than has ever been bought by anyone else before) and loaned the club several million more ? All this in just 2 years.

i wouldn't bother mate, he's got his OPINIONS and no amount of reasoning will change his mind it's just a total waste of time and energy. i have never seen him be positive with anything cardiff city related so you may aswell give up!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:26 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

i wouldn't bother mate, he's got his OPINIONS and no amount of reasoning will change his mind it's just a total waste of time and energy. i have never seen him be positive with anything cardiff city related so you may aswell give up!

:lol:

Funny. We are still living with the legacy of our previous over-spending, yet there are some that want us to spend money we haven't got again ;)

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:34 pm

Midfield general wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

Such a bore :roll:

No need to put yourself down at this festive time of year :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:40 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Midfield general wrote:

In fairness Gringo MG believes he has heard something which has convinced him VT/TG are looking to get out. He is perfectly entitled to hold that opinion so we will have to wait until history judges who was right and who was wrong.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm

stop bickering on my thread please :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Tony i agree that people are entitled to their opinions and i have had many civil debates with people of the total opposite persuasion as me (including a few debates with you) but i havent got any time at all for this gimp, i think he's a complete tit who constantly tries to undermine everything good at our club.
He's been quiet on here during our winning run but as soon as we start dropping points the prick is back with a vengeance