Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" BLUEBIRDS EYE FOREST'S MORGAN. "

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:16 pm

If reports are to be true,MM is interested in getting Wes Morgan from Forest for £250,000.

Do we really need another CB at the club :?:

Bluebirds eye Forest's Morgan
Published 21:06 25/12/11 By Alan Nixon

Cardiff City boss Malky Mackay wants to buy giant centre half Wes Morgan from Nottingham Forest to beef up his promotion bid.

Morgan will be sold by Forest after refusing to extend his contract which runs out at the end of the season - and the Bluebirds are poised to swoop.

Mackay wants more strength in his side for the second half of the season and experienced campaigner Morgan is ideal - with a £250,000 offer set to be made for the start of the window.

Reading are also interested in Morgan, but Cardiff are confident they can beat off rival bidders for his signature.

Re: BLUEBIRDS EYE FOREST'S MORGAN.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:18 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:If reports are to be true,MM is interested in getting Wes Morgan from Forest for £250,000.

Do we really need another CB at the club :?:

No we don't

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Depends, if we can ditch the likes of Keinan, gypes on frees and one of Blake and Gerrard we can cut the wage bill and add quality.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Depends, if we can ditch the likes of Keinan, gypes on frees and one of Blake and Gerrard we can cut the wage bill and add quality.

But he would come in at potentially 4th choice, think its a non-starter just like the mcguigan for earnie deal

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:52 pm

We will need to get rid of a few players if we sign him, hes another monster CB him and Turner will be awesome at the back.All teams start with a solid defence then build from there.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:02 pm

He's a good player & that is mighty cheap in the current climate.

Re: " BLUEBIRDS EYE FOREST'S MORGAN. "

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:40 pm

I think we don't need Morgan, he's a good player
but there's no need in adding another CB to several others unless we loan out or sell players such as Keinan, Gyepes, and maybe Blake out on loan . will support him all the way if we sign him though :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:43 pm

he reminds me off william the refridgerator perry !! but for 250k??? we would need to ditch keinan, gypes and gerrard.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:44 pm

I Can see both rhyspect26 and 2Blue's views here :ayatollah: respect both your posts.

If MM is to get rid of 2 of our current CB and other players this would free up money to bring in new faces.
Otherwise why another CB - when we need to get in players futher up field in this squad :?:

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:46 pm

rhyspect26 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Depends, if we can ditch the likes of Keinan, gypes on frees and one of Blake and Gerrard we can cut the wage bill and add quality.

But he would come in at potentially 4th choice, think its a non-starter just like the mcguigan for earnie deal

Same was said about turner signing though.
I'd think it would be Hudson, turner and Morgan challenging. IMO he doesn't rate Gerrard or darcy

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:51 pm

i think if this does happen its a precaution because Hudson, Gerrard, Gyepes are all out of contract in the summer and personally I dont think Keinan will stay in January and that Gerrard won't sign a new contract because he's stubborn and he's third choice and Gyepes is just well not going to get played

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:00 am

Morgan is better than Hudson, Gerrard, Blake, Keinan and Gyepes in my opinion

i reckon he could form a great partnership with Turner

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:01 am

2blue2handle wrote:
rhyspect26 wrote:

Same was said about turner signing though.
I'd think it would be Hudson, turner and Morgan challenging. IMO he doesn't rate Gerrard or darcy

Spending £750,000 on Turner he was always going to come in when he got fit, clearly a player MM liked. Not sure Morgan would be the same, would MM put the captain on the bench? I doubt it! £250,000 would be better spent elsewhere and I dont think MM will go for him

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:05 am

We don't need another CB. We have enough as it is.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:10 am

Scruffy wrote:i think if this does happen its a precaution because Hudson, Gerrard, Gyepes are all out of contract in the summer and personally I dont think Keinan will stay in January and that Gerrard won't sign a new contract because he's stubborn and he's third choice and Gyepes is just well not going to get played

This is my view. On paper we don't need him. Long term, we do with the reasons stated above.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:35 am

250k? Thats a bargain! :lol:
Great defender would bring him in but that means at least 2/3 others will be hitting the exit :!:
Maybe Gyepes, ..... :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:46 am

250k is a bargain for big Wes! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

But do we really need another CB? I think Malky will look to sell a few CB's in Jan to raise funds if he is to persue Wes Morgan.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:00 am

If Wes Morgan comes to Cardiff,
This in my view can only mean one thing that there is sufficient transfer interest in Gerrard and Blake to be sold and bring in some funds for Malky to do some more wheeling and dealing to strengthen other areas of the squad.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:17 am

Blake will be sold for more than £250k. So consider it swapping Blake for Morgan.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:36 am

Midfield general wrote:To be honest Ive seen milk turn quicker than him. Complete waste of money in my opinion and there are other positions would need to be looked at first.

For some reason I'm agreeing with MG!!! must be the season of goodwill.

IMO Morgan is a big fat knacker who is below average at the very best. When we played them at City Ground last year he was awful. Apart from scoring against us from a corner. Which isn't bad I know.

If Malky is looking for a big fat knacker then I'm available on a free. I'm useless as well.

We don't need another 3rd / 4th choice CB. Spoilt for choice in that Dept

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:43 am

Wes Morgan is an experienced no nonsense CB who would be the prfect foil for Ben Turner. Lets face it Hudson is out of contract this summer, so I believe if Gypes and maybe Gerrard.

Morgan and Turner would be am awesome CB pairing in this league so if there is a chance go get him. Also if there is a chance throw in earnie and a few others and see if we could double up for McGugan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:54 am

castleblue wrote:Wes Morgan is an experienced no nonsense CB who would be the prfect foil for Ben Turner. Lets face it Hudson is out of contract this summer, so I believe if Gypes and maybe Gerrard.

Morgan and Turner would be am awesome CB pairing in this league so if there is a chance go get him. Also if there is a chance throw in earnie and a few others and see if we could double up for McGugan. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd love McGugan. At least it would stop him scoring spectacular goals against us and scaring the crap out of me everytime he's got the ball within 30 yards of our goal.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:01 am

Think hes a bit of a carthorse personally :lol:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:21 am

Would be a clever purchase by Malky, he's a much better player than anyone else we have at centre back apart from Turner. Very comfortable on the ball and contributes with a goal or two as well a snip at £250,000. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:11 pm

250k for wes Morgan is a bargain !! One of the top cb in the division.

Also would suggest we're getting rid of some of our lesser cb.

I see people are saying we don't need him but I think we do because our cover at cb is very very poor !!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:45 pm

Wes Morgan not in the match day squad to play Peterboro today....interesting unless he is not fit to play :?:

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/ ... 22,00.html

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:30 pm

Got an ankle injury topcat ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:39 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Got an ankle injury topcat ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Sam :ayatollah: just wondering as he has played quiet a few games this season mate.

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/page/ ... 52,00.html

Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Big clumsy oaf

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:04 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:Got an ankle injury topcat ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That's usually code for sorting out the contracts ;)