Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you welcome back Jerome.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:42 am

Jerome is Malky's type of player 100% effort. I would welcome him back.

Re: Would you welcome back Jerome.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:51 am

I would love him back! Think he would be perfect for us. He's a decent premiership player but a top championship player who gets his share of goals, works hard and causes defences problems in a 451 formation and/or in 442! If there is any chance of getting him then I hope the owners back Malky. In my eyes if we signed Jerome and kebe then we are putting ourselves in with a shout of automatics if we are lucky with injuries!

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:53 am

as long as he leaves his attitude up there, can be a right big head.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:09 am

No got attitude problem

Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:13 am

I'd be shocked didn't Stoke spend 6 million on him?

Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:30 am

Better options out there.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:29 am

Would love to have him back. Stayed in the premier a lot longer than some of our past strikers who we all rate ie. chopra. There must be something about him.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:05 am

No thanks, would prefer a more prolific goalscorer..

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:49 am

BigGwynram wrote:as long as he leaves his attitude up there, can be a right big head.

i agree

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:22 pm

no

Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Could work, not overally bothered.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:35 pm

maccydee wrote:I'd be shocked didn't Stoke spend 6 million on him?

I believe Stoke spent 4 million on him. He hardly figures for Stoke and has played most of his games in the Europa league. Stoke want to bring a striker in this transfer window, hence Jerome could well be on the move.

Jerome up front with miller linking just behind could well work for us.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Not for me, he was a gobshite when he left. He just ain't gonna come here

Sun Dec 25, 2011 4:59 pm

when jerome was at birmingham i heard he could got a bit moody.to be fair to him he had half the crowd on his back and he knew this.to me i loved his effort though he isn,t a natural finisher. according to some he wasn,t in a rush to leave blues .i,ll always give him a thumbs up as he played on his own up front in one of the most devoid of attacking ideas sides you will ever see.its ironic if he had stayed and played im sure he would have done well this season as c.h likes to attack more.plus we are in dire need of a man with pace.is he the mystery forward then?

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:16 pm

What is his scoring record in the prem?

Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:21 pm

not a lot last year but the year we finished 9th i think he got double figures.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:10 pm

jtc wrote:not a lot last year but the year we finished 9th i think he got double figures.

Double figures in the Prem and a well proven Championship striker, I would take him back.

Stoke also have Peter Crouch, Kenwyne Jones and Jonathan Walters above Jerome in their striker pecking order. Stoke also have Fuller and Sidibe as back up strikers, hence I can understand why they would allow Jerome to go out on loan.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:28 pm

i,d love him back at blues mate.i think he was injured as well last year for a while so hence lower figures.he took some stick off some of our crowd.i had a few words with a bloke behind me last year.all game v wolves jerome this,jerome that.in the end i turned round and pointed out he was on his own up front and we,d had a bloke sent off...whatever jerome is he,s a tryer.both bruce and mcliesh are defensive.under hughton in the championship he,d do well.in your team he,s got pace .i think he would be a great loan signing for you.doubt we could pay any or part of his wages.think you can.

Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:29 pm

he can play on wing too if needed

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:29 am

Absolutely! Stoke have 6 strikers who could do a job for us...

Peter Crouch, J Walters are their first choices, K Jones is there obvious 3rd.

so that leaves Jerome, Fuller and Sidibe...

Any one of the three could be successful but Jerome the best choice!

he'd be excellent at holding the ball up and is a real powerhouse of a player...

his goal scoring record isn't bad considering the lack of opportunities he's had at low scoring birmingham when they were up there...

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:32 am

To be honest though guys - Miller, Gestede when he returns to form, Mason will be enough to keep us in the playoffs....

everyone is constantly on that we need another winger... and I agree... But

wasn't there a stat that we'd put in the most crosses in the league not so long a go?

so a forward who's strong and good in the air wouldn't be a bad shout...

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 am

I'd love to know his prem record as I remember them saying on MoTd how terrible it was?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 am

14 goals in 64 games...

Birmingham scored 75 goals in the 76 games they played over the two years in the prem.

so 14 of the 76 goals.... ok yeh not great but then again... birmingham weren't ever the side to create centre forward chances too often

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:41 am

he was there top goal scorer in the first season in the prem. with 11

point aside, i'm doubtful it will be jerome they let leave on loan - fuller will surely be the ageing option to let leave on loan?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:49 am

Id rather take Fuller :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:50 am

jerdojedly wrote:14 goals in 64 games...

Birmingham scored 75 goals in the 76 games they played over the two years in the prem.

so 14 of the 76 goals.... ok yeh not great but then again... birmingham weren't ever the side to create centre forward chances too often

So is that 14 goals in 3 seasons?

Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:58 am

no over two seasons in the prem.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:05 am

although not fantastic it is 1 in 5 of birminghams goals scored in the prem. I'd expect a striker to score at least 1 in 5 in the prem. so I'd say he had a standard time in the prem. neither terrible or brilliant.

you would also say if that record was to go by it would probably improve to about 2 in 5 at championship standard at least...

we have 20 odd games left, so that would be 8 goals...

it could be worse - eddie johnson, warren feeney et al. it's amazing how quick we are to forget how bad things have been in the past

Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:06 am

if we only scored a goal a game that is