Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Starting a new job in Swansea

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:33 pm

I've been working in Cardiff for the past five years but off to Swansea in January. Obviously, I'm taking my Bluebirds mug and Lanyard. Any thoughts on how else I should endear myself to my new work colleagues?

Re: Starting a new job in Swansea

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:43 pm

fillibee wrote:I've been working in Cardiff for the past five years but off to Swansea in January. Obviously, I'm taking my Bluebirds mug and Lanyard. Any thoughts on how else I should endear myself to my new work colleagues?

dont speak to them unless you got to.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:45 pm

fillibee wrote:I've been working in Cardiff for the past five years but off to Swansea in January. Obviously, I'm taking my Bluebirds mug and Lanyard. Any thoughts on how else I should endear myself to my new work colleagues?

Didn't know McDonalds was taking on again in Morriston?
Just goes to show all this credit crunch is bollox in it?!

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Where you starting work? They are not a bad bunch in general, just very insular and freak out at second city syndrom, but be honest and say you are city fan and they can choose. Like I said in the main they are ok, but very bitter towards being second rate, just remember the key word for introducing yourself - hiya mush! Give us a bell when you get down here and we could meet for coffee and discuss the local lingo. Welcome to Swansea. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:35 pm

Just say in your first day "you don't mind working in Wales' second city!!

"big up the championship and tell em how much money you have saved this season on tickets compared to the prem!!"

And that you've seen all the best bits of swansea in your lunch hour and ain't impressed!! And doing the same in the mighty capital took u months

Lol, that should do it :ayatollah:

Good luck bud!!

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Don't forget to have your inoculations :lol: