http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7393892,0.html

Re: Everton outbid Swans for Rory

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:28 pm

link don't work
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12040_7393892,0.html

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Sorry try this one
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7393892/Everton-outbid-Swans-for-Rory

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:35 am

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... nelly.html

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:50 am

Adam Soper the Scout ;)

Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:35 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4018735/Swansea-miss-out-on-whizkid-Rory-Donnelly.html

Note the irony that Rogers whinges about agreeing a fee, then later in the article Neil Taylor's fitness is mentioned, remember what happened there - a get out clause of £1m then the Jacks turned around and said 'but thats only to SPEAK to him'.

Not so nice when the boot is on the other foot.

The boy has gone to a much bigger club and his club have got more money. Win-win.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:58 pm

outbid by a club with absolutely no money... lol

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:39 pm

He'll keep the bench nice and warm.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Morriston Monkey wrote:He'll keep the bench nice and warm.

There's no point in you lot buying a striker-you need to create chances for a start.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:11 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

There's no point in you lot buying a striker-you need to create chances for a start.

Can't argue with that

Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Morriston Monkey wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Can't argue with that

I've only watched your games v man citeh and villa. You were never going to get anything from the Etihad Stadium and the Villa game was overshadowed by the death of Speedo. I have seen highlights of a few others.

As a jack fan would you agree with my thoughts. Defensively you look pretty solid-Vorm is one of the keepers in Europe and illiams is a very good player. In midfield you keep the ball well but don't get the ball into the final third. Offensively you look poor and seem more content to keep the ball rather than try and break a team down. I predict a bottom 4/5 finish unless you start attacking-is this a far summary?

Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4018735/Swansea-miss-out-on-whizkid-Rory-Donnelly.html

Note the irony that Rogers whinges about agreeing a fee, then later in the article Neil Taylor's fitness is mentioned, remember what happened there - a get out clause of £1m then the Jacks turned around and said 'but thats only to SPEAK to him'.

The boy has gone to a much bigger club and his club have got more money. Win-win.

Oh dear :lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:18 pm

on dear
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16322376.stm

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm

I realise being an outsider it has little to do with me but how come there are so many swansea fans here?

We used to get the same off our little brothers at County but once they were ignored they went off to annoy mansfield.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:50 pm

forest lad wrote:I realise being an outsider it has little to do with me but how come there are so many swansea fans here?

We used to get the same off our little brothers at County but once they were ignored they went off to annoy mansfield.

Some of their posters are fine-majority are cocks with a chip on their shoulder.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:45 pm

NJ73 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

:lol:

That'll teach me to take any notice of the Sun. :oops:

I'm surprised given the quote from Rogers that he's gone in with a higher offer. He seemed a little 'peeved' to start off with. Its the way of the world and I see he hasn't quite signed yet, so hope you aren't having a bit of 'premature-Jack-elation' over him . :lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:51 pm

Backup at Everton, with higher wages at a club who blood youngsters like Rooney, Rodwell with quality training facilities or backup Danny Graham in a team who don't create chances.

Tough choice that.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:53 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

I'm surprised given the quote from Rogers that he's gone in with a higher offer. He seemed a little 'peeved' to start off with. Its the way of the world and I see he hasn't quite signed yet, so hope you aren't having a bit of 'premature-Jack-elation' over him . :lol:

If the Jacks have improved thier offer it can only mean one thing in my opinion. Huw the spew has had another handout off the council. ;)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:40 pm

castleblue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

If the Jacks have improved thier offer it can only mean one thing in my opinion. Huw the spew has had another handout off the council. ;)

agreed terms allegedly but yet to take a medical.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:42 pm

castleblue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Fair play, at least you don't hide your bitterness :lol:

Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:43 pm

steve davies wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

agreed terms allegedly but yet to take a medical.

Allegedly? I think if Brendan has confirmed that terms are agreed then it's slightly more than allegedly :?

Medical is tomorrow.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:02 pm

NJ73 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
NJ73 wrote:

Fair play, at least you don't hide your bitterness :lol:

I'm going to make a new year resolution not to mention the R word. Lets see how long I can keep to it. :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Done deal

http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Latest/ ... 13,00.html

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Congratulations. So why has he joined you when he could have joined a big club? :? :lol:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:26 pm

Hold the front page! :roll:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Must be said,you scummers realy jump the gun,and don't it make you look the bitter knob heads you realy .
All this we been out bid,and so on is sad lads,truth is everton offerd 150k Liverpool rumored 200k,and little old swansea less then 150k,yet he has come to us?now you will have to say how sad we are going for a non league player and how shit he is and so on..keep up lads as you your bitterness is as good as us being the premier club in wales,and also looking forward to you falling away again after xmas,,keep up the boyos,, :lol:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:39 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Must be said,you scummers realy jump the gun,and don't it make you look the bitter knob heads you realy .
All this we been out bid,and so on is sad lads,truth is everton offerd 150k Liverpool rumored 200k,and little old swansea less then 150k,yet he has come to us?now you will have to say how sad we are going for a non league player and how shit he is and so on..keep up lads as you your bitterness is as good as us being the premier club in wales,and also looking forward to you falling away again after xmas,,keep up the boyos,, :lol:

Yes we are so jealous that you have gone and signed a player from the Irish league. 150k?? surprised you even bid that much :lol:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:40 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Must be said,you scummers realy jump the gun,and don't it make you look the bitter knob heads you realy .

None league player, he is not even that. £150K see you are spending ot stay in the premeirship :roll: . To me it looks like you are preparing for life back in the championship.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

None league player, he is not even that. £150K see you are spending ot stay in the premeirship :roll: . To me it looks like you are preparing for life back in the championship.

Not being funny mate, but the Jacks know bargains when they see one. Sinclair for example, hate to say it but those bastards are very clever with their money.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

To me it looks like we're investing a small amount of money in a rough diamond that several Premier League clubs were after who as Brendan had stated, is going to be a development player. The signings to help us stay in the Premier League will come soon enough don't worry yourself.

Oh by the way, if Everton had signed him would you say they were preparing for life in the Championship? No, thought not.