Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CARDIFF CITY ARE OFFICIALLY THE MOST TROUBLESOME FANS IN

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 pm

CARDIFF CITY FANS ARE OFFICIALLY THE MOST TROUBLESOME IN ENGLAND AND WALES WITH CURRENTLY 143 ON BANNING ORDERS, ACCORDING TO THE HOME OFFICE. :shock:

Home Office figures show Cardiff City fans are the most troublesome in the English football pyramid
By Sam Malone, WalesOnlineDec 23 2011

Cardiff City supporters are officially the most troublesome football fans in England and Wales, according to the latest Home Office statistics.

Plus the BBC says this, link.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16313472

New figures published today showed Bluebirds supporters had the most banning orders than any other club in the football league.

In total, 143 City fans are currently subject to banning orders which prohibit them from attending any games both home and away.

The figure eclipses Leeds United and West Ham united whose fans have 106 and 100 banning orders respectively.

In comparison, Swansea City had 76 while Blue Square Premier sides Wrexham and Newport County had 14 and12.

The figures, relating to both international and domestic games, show Cardiff City fans also received the most number of banning orders than any other club during the 2010-11 season with 61.

Yet, despite the high number of orders imposed on Bluebirds fans the figures actually showed a sharp fall in the number of supporters arrested during games.

Cardiff City manager Malky Mackay said: "I can only touch on the football club since I've been here and when I look at our stadium it looks the kind of environment I'd want to bring my children to.

"On the one side you've got American football going on, where fans mix. The Bears fan sits next to the Redskins. I don't expect that in football.

"But when you come to our ground a mixture of good stewarding and policing and an atmosphere change I look at our stadium as a place where there is a good atmosphere.

"We are the family club of the year and arrests are coming down so that is a good thing. If i was a dad I'd want to take my son to our family stand.

"Atmosphere is everything, but it should be an atmosphere you can take your family to. There's a big onus on football clubs to make sure they represent society and I think the staff at our football club have done a huge job over the last few years. It's probably one of the biggest turn arounds in what the club is perceived as to the actual statistics.

"It's something we should be very proud of. The city as a whole should be proud."

During the 2009-10 season police forces across the country arrested 117 City fans while last season only 44 arrests were made.

Cardiff City Chief Executive Alan Whiteley said: "Cardiff City Football Club continues to work hard to eradicate anti-social behaviour at our fixtures.

"We recognise that a partnership approach between the Club,fans and South Wales Police has enabled much progress to be made.

"This advancement, which coupled with a specifically designed stadium has seen arrests for home league games again being measured in single figures for the second year running, while our continued actions in removing those intent on causing unrest underlines our commitment to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all."

Nationally, the number of people arrested for football-related disorder fell to a record low last season.

A total of 3,089 English and Welsh fans were arrested, down 302 from the previous season – the lowest level since records began in 1984-5.

There were no arrests at 70% of games and 92% of those whose football banning orders have expired since 2000 were assessed by police as no longer posing a risk of football disorder.

Crime Prevention Minister Lord Henley said: "Football policing is a real British success story.

"Where hooliganism was once described as 'the English disease’, we now set an example for others to follow."

Despite the rise in the number of banning orders given to Cardiff City fans – in 2009-10 125 fans were barred from matches – the figures showed the total number of orders in place in November actually fell, down to 3,173 from 3,248 last year.

These included 105 against Chelsea fans – 10% of all the banning orders in the Premier League and the most of any team at that level – 101 against Manchester United fans and 98 against Newcastle United fans.Fans of League Two’s Dagenham and Redbridge were the only group with no banning orders, the figures showed.

The Association of Chief Police Officers (Acpo) warned that officers would continue to deal with those who seek to bring the game into disrepute.

Assistant Chief Constable Andy Holt, the Acpo lead on football policing, said: "UK policing has led the way in dealing with

football-related violence and disorder and the effectiveness of banning orders has drawn interest from police forces internationally as an effective method of reducing disorder at football matches."

Re: " CARDIFF CITY ARE OFFICIALLY THE MOST TROUBLESOME FANS IN

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:15 pm

sad thing is, some "fans" will be proud of that

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:21 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:sad thing is, some "fans" will be proud of that

Craig, Not anymore, most people have moved on. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I was getting at the young stupid chavvy types who have never said so much as a cross word, but like acting the hardman.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:28 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I was getting at the young stupid chavvy types who have never said so much as a cross word, but like acting the hardman.

True Craig.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Does it really mean were the most troublesome or are the authorities a lot harsher on us due to our reputation.

Therefore issuing banning orders when other clubs might get away with it.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm

Canton stand baz wrote:Does it really mean were the most troublesome or are the authorities a lot harsher on us due to our reputation.

Therefore issuing banning orders when other clubs might get away with it.

They are a lot harsher and well over the top on us still.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Having a large amount of banning orders should be seen as a positive, shows the club is doing its bit to rid the club of trouble makers rather than just ignoring the problem. The clubs should be praised

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Could some of them be due to persistant standing?

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:43 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Having a large amount of banning orders should be seen as a positive, shows the club is doing its bit to rid the club of trouble makers rather than just ignoring the problem. The clubs should be praised

Most of those banning orders came from the set up at Chelsea. Our fans were used by the metropolitan police to nail Jason Mariner. The police got there man at the expense of us.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 pm

If that's what some fans want to do, let them do it.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:00 pm

The figures are somewhat distorted because of the Chelsea FA cup game where banning orders and jail sentences were handed out like ice creams on a hot day. I bet the majority of our 61 new banning orders last year were as a result of that one incident, so these figures not a true reflection of the year as a whole.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

Could that explain why so many season ticket holders don't turn up :D

Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 pm

The release of these figures ties in nicely with the shocking pisstake
of the Mytton walkover

Stinks to high heaven

If your looking down Mikey... have a good one feller :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:04 pm

Doesn't matter if we are the most troublesome or the least troublesome, if we are troublesome then we should be banned.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:28 pm

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. I SAID WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. i need to grow up :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol: :(

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:07 am

They fail to mention we get banning orders for standing up. :roll:

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:30 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Having a large amount of banning orders should be seen as a positive, shows the club is doing its bit to rid the club of trouble makers rather than just ignoring the problem. The clubs should be praised

Most of those banning orders came from the set up at Chelsea. Our fans were used by the metropolitan police to nail Jason Mariner. The police got there man at the expense of us.

Do you think the banning orders at any clubs are all reasonable??
Doubt it, just shows out club is doing something about it

Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:33 am

It might be because of the hyped up over reaction and ridiculously harsh sentencing and the banning orders that go with it, following the chelsea game, that puts us top?

Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:28 pm

this is due to the chelski thing people gettin banning orders