Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JANUARY SIGNINGS

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Its plain to see that Malkays key objective is to sign another striker during the transfer window in January, but in my opinion i cannot see us spending a lot during the window wether we sign 2,3 or 4 players. We are not in a position where we can throw money around, although i would love Vincent Tan to dip in and splash a few quid i just cannot see it happening.

So for that reason alone i cannot see us signing any so called big name signings or the likes of Kebe, Sharp or Rhodes for that sake.

So what expectation levels do you have for the forthcoming transfer window and who do you see as realistic targets.

Re: JANUARY SIGNINGS

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:44 pm

I only really want 2 quick wingers for midfield cover.
We dont need defensive cover,
We've got cover in attack: Miller, Mason, Gestede, Earnie.
But Conway isn't quick enough for a winger and Cowie would be better off in the middle with Whitts and Gunnar.
So I wouldn't mind if we get Kebe for a decent amount then a lesser known winger. Malky will know who he wants. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:47 pm

Hopefully Malky can find players that fit into our work ethic so I m doubting that he will sign big time players..... Young premiership loan player and possibly a player from the lower leagues something like Ben Marshall

Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:57 pm

I'd like a wide player and a striker but that's all.

Hopefully lose gypes, Keinan, Taiwo, Parkin as well.

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:00 pm

We be lucky to sign one player theres no money down there everyone knows this of course the window oepned then closed and nothing but "we needed the rite player" which says it all + we all know at the start of the season we was short on numbers :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:06 am

Need a striker and 2 wingers and 1 midfielder!
We have no competition on the wing which is ashame really! :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am

2blue2handle wrote:I'd like a wide player and a striker but that's all.

Hopefully lose gypes, Keinan, Taiwo, Parkin as well.

as pointed out by Luke on numerous occasions, The key is to LOSE players who are eating into our budget, the more of the dead wood we can ship out - the more likely chance of signing better quality players.......

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:31 pm

nobby wrote:Its plain to see that Malkays key objective is to sign another striker during the transfer window in January, but in my opinion i cannot see us spending a lot during the window wether we sign 2,3 or 4 players. We are not in a position where we can throw money around, although i would love Vincent Tan to dip in and splash a few quid i just cannot see it happening.

So for that reason alone i cannot see us signing any so called big name signings or the likes of Kebe, Sharp or Rhodes for that sake.

So what expectation levels do you have for the forthcoming transfer window and who do you see as realistic targets.

I still stick to thesewords, we may sign 2 players this week, but dont think that people will be overly impressed with the additions, but lets hope im wrong. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:21 pm

We have only 3 strikers at the club CantonJack,don't forget Malky dosent give Earnie a chance to play