Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Major surgery

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:05 pm

So it could be major surgery required on the squad come January then.

Sounds like Burkey may be on his way homes; Ledley's off for sure and it would appear Matthews on his way to the premiership too.

£8 or £9m income there. Hopefully, only £5m into the coffers to keep us going and £3 or £4m on major surgery.

Need three quality players in to replace these three and also back up for Bothroyd, centre midfield and central defence. Notforgetting the need to replace Feeney, Capaldi & Blake if they sty out on loaan.

So that would be six plyers in at least.Four or five permanent signings and a few quality loan signings.

It would seem that we will have a very different squad to the one we have now.

Re: Major surgery

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:17 pm

What's the rumour with Burke? I must have missed it

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Sorry. I've just spotted the CHRIS BURKE thread. Specsavers tomorrow

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:20 pm

croesybluebird wrote:So it could be major surgery required on the squad come January then.

Sounds like Burkey may be on his way homes; Ledley's off for sure and it would appear Matthews on his way to the premiership too.

£8 or £9m income there. Hopefully, only £5m into the coffers to keep us going and £3 or £4m on major surgery.

Need three quality players in to replace these three and also back up for Bothroyd, centre midfield and central defence. Notforgetting the need to replace Feeney, Capaldi & Blake if they sty out on loaan.

So that would be six plyers in at least.Four or five permanent signings and a few quality loan signings.

It would seem that we will have a very different squad to the one we have now.

I think we will have a massive change over about 6 out and 4 in, in my opinion.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:30 pm

The six I have mentioned Annis or anyone else off?

What money do you think we will get in for sales? I got slated on the other board for the figures I suggested, which I believe are realistic.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:34 pm

We need another target man, central midfielder, another winger if burke goes, and another centre back(with a bit of pace)

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:44 pm

cefnblue wrote:We need another target man, central midfielder, another winger if burke goes, and another centre back(with a bit of pace)

I agree, but the Central midfielder needs to be hard man with passion and a leader, in my opinion.

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 pm

yep, someone like lee carsley