Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RIDSDALE AND JONES - DOUBLE ACT

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:05 pm

As some of you suspected Peter Ridsdale's first task at Preston was to sack Phil Brown and many suggested Dave Jones would be offered the job.

I can confirm that PR has offered DJ a 3 yr contract worth a basic £1.6million over the term plus bonuses for promotion attached to the offer too, if DJ accepts this would make him the highest paid manager in Preston's history, with outgoing manager Brown on £9k per week which is just over £450k per year.

DJ has not had much luck in his job search since being dismissed at Cardiff, he applied for the Bristol City, Portsmouth, Leicester and Northern Ireland jobs but has been overlooked for them all, will DJ fancy the Preston top job?

Re: RIDSDALE AND JONES - DOUBLE ACT

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:As some of you suspected Peter Ridsdale's first task at Preston was to sack Phil Brown and many suggested Dave Jones would be offered the job.

I can confirm that PR has offered DJ a 3 yr contract worth a basic £1.6million over the term plus bonuses for promotion attached to the offer too, if DJ accepts this would make him the highest paid manager in Preston's history, with outgoing manager Brown on £9k per week which is just over £450k per year.

DJ has not had much luck in his job search since being dismissed at Cardiff, he applied for the Bristol City, Portsmouth, Leicester and Northern Ireland jobs but has been overlooked for them all, will DJ fancy the Preston top job?

i think he would... obviously clubs were reluctant to meet his wage demands but with the riddler at the helms its the best way he can achieve this sort of figure...

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Preston fans are saying their lot believe Billy Davies has been offered the job. I know which one of the two I would prefer!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Zabier wrote:Preston fans are saying their lot believe Billy Davies has been offered the job. I know which one of the two I would prefer!

I hope they get Billy Davies.

The Riddler and DJ were in it together at City with everything.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Zabier wrote:Preston fans are saying their lot believe Billy Davies has been offered the job. I know which one of the two I would prefer!

and me.

tbf over 3 years its not a massive payrise compared to Phil Brown.

Hope he gets it

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:17 pm

If he takes it, how much, if anything, would our club save?

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

and me.

Hope he gets it

Luke, but Preston are skint.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:21 pm

SBF1 wrote:If he takes it, how much, if anything, would our club save?

i believe we are still paying his monthly salary which was reported around 800k a yr... i think????

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:23 pm

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/foo ... nt-manager

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

i believe we are still paying his monthly salary which was reported around 800k a yr... i think????

We are till the end of the season, but deals can be done.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

We are till the end of the season, but deals can be done.

so i take it until he finds a new employer! we keep paying til may... lets hope he does get the job... surely would be better for us...

are we still paying terry burton aswell??

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:35 pm

He better fancy it, sooner we get him off the wage bill the better

Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

and me.

Hope he gets it

Luke, but Preston are skint.

Same old position as us though, we have no money but people want us to invest in Jan and go for it.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

And left us in a better state than when they started, if by somewhat unconventional means. They should have done even better though in the circumstances.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 pm

To be fair Jones earned us a lot more money than he spent in all his time at Cardiff.

There was an interview he did with a newspaper where he added up all of his transfer spending and income and it was something like 5 times more coming in than going out across all the clubs he's been at. Including Wolves where he was given a blank cheque .

I can't imagine he'd be willing to step down a league especially as he still has his pay coming in. I rate him as a manager even if he wasn't the best at PR.

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:13 pm

I did say it at the original post. :old:

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

It would be dead interesting to see how they get on though ???

And if they feckless it up it would br pay back for that promotion busting six one stuffing they gave us....

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:04 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It would be dead interesting to see how they get on though ???

And if they feckless it up it would br pay back for that promotion busting six one stuffing they gave us....

Should say feck it up......... This bloody iPad keeps changing my words !!!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:10 pm

have we got a sell on clause.... :lol:

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:11 pm

have we got a sell on clause.... :lol:

Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:12 pm

beano1 wrote:have we got a sell on clause.... :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:14 pm

I hope its JOnes I got a tenner on him! 7/1 when the odds first came out with Skybet!

Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 pm

made for each other :twisted:

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:15 am

ex player at preston if that counts for anything.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 am

Hope he gets the job to be honest. Will only benefit us.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:06 am

100£ @5/1 come from paul parry :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:41 am

beano1 wrote:have we got a sell on clause.... :lol:

I think techically we could be entitled to the balance of his contract (approx £350,000?) but I don't think for one minute we would seek to get it.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:46 am

I hope he gets the Job, we know why PR wants him at the helm and it's because his experience of keeping clubs afloat during difficult times, lets be honest Preston are in the shit at the moment, As a football fan it's never nice to hear of a club going out of business. Regardless of what did/didn't happen during their time at Cardiff you can't argue that they didn't get the job done (apart from promotion to the PL ofc :evil: )

I'll always be thankful to DJ for helping keep the bluebirds afloat during what was a difficult time for the bluebirds, but thats where the sentiment ends as far as i'm concerned.

Come on DJ, take the job.. get your ass off the payroll, i've got the car ready to taxi Gyepes and Parkin up to Preston when you come in to sign them :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

STEP 1- sack manager to gain fans backing - DONE

STEP 2 - Call a fans meeting with 250 season ticket holders and hold a question and answer session - done

STEP 3 - Make sure the Q+A is broadcast live on radio Lancs. - DONE

STEP 4 - break the bank and possibly criple the club in order to to get Billy Davies in as new manager and really get the fans onside - IN PROGRESS.

STEP 5 - Line own pockets, adminastration - IN PROGRESS

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:As some of you suspected Peter Ridsdale's first task at Preston was to sack Phil Brown and many suggested Dave Jones would be offered the job.

If he was offered this job with all this money WHY didn't he take it. Or was it BULL SH*T