Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" I still miss the place "

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:24 pm

The sound of the old fashioned turnstiles click click click I still miss the place :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAIqW6ObQoE&feature=channel_video_title

Re: I still miss the place

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:38 pm

Its strange but alot of us do. Sometimes i wonder why-crappy seats, crumbling terraces, shitty toilets, poor view, long queues, crap catering, lack of cover etc

However the atmosphere that could be generated, the age old memories and the sheer ugliness of the place makes me reminisce about Ninian.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:39 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:The sound of the old fashioned turnstiles click click click I still miss the place :(

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was a Season ticket holder their since the 1972/73 Season. :cry:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Ninian Park was a proper traditional football ground and can never be replaced.I know we have to move on but what a place it was. :( :(

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Ninian Park was a proper traditional football ground and can never be replaced.I know we have to move on but what a place it was. :( :(

Sadly I bloody haven't and cant, I can not stand our new stadium, but thats just me.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I think we all miss it. Mainly because it was so shit, that it was good, and it was home to Cardiff City supporters on a saturday afternoon. And lets not forget the atmosphere and the history of the place. Not many teams in Britain can say they beat the mighty Real Madrid, Spurs, Man City etc..
I think i'm going to read my 'End Of An Era' magazine :(
I know it will never be the same, but hopefully the atmosphere in CCS will be like the Ninian Park days in a few years :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Ninian Park was a proper traditional football ground and can never be replaced.I know we have to move on but what a place it was. :( :(

Sadly I bloody haven't and cant, I can not stand our new stadium, but thats just me.

your not on your own mate :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree with you.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:52 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Totally agree with you.

Lets cry together then. :cry: :cry:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:54 pm

100 per cent agree I think for those of us who lived and breathed Ninian will always be Cardiff City for me I still dont really feel at home at new ground feels like im on an away day. I know we gotta move on bla bla bla but truthfully watching the old footage of Ninian really does get the nerve tingling. Ninian Park will always be Cardiff City to me. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:

100 per cent agree I think for those of us who lived and breathed Ninian will always be Cardiff City for me I still dont really feel at home at new ground feels like im on an away day. I know we gotta move on bla bla bla but truthfully watching the old footage of Ninian really does get the nerve tingling. Ninian Park will always be Cardiff City to me. :ayatollah:

Same here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " I still miss the place "

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:59 pm

It is still strange walking from Canton and onto Sloper Road. I still expect to see the floodlights, shit club shop and the white wall with the next fixture on it.

We all need to move on but we must also remember where we came from.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:07 pm

Love this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVJchBPnPHo
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:The sound of the old fashioned turnstiles click click click I still miss the place :(

managed to get a header off the bob bank that night!! pushed my mate flying to get my head on that! :ayatollah:

result spoilt that night....

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:35 pm

We all miss the place. It had soul, great memories and a major part in the lives of any City fan over 15 years old. As much as I find the new place a bit cold and lacking in noise, it HAD to be done. We are now averaging over 21000 in division 2 and the facilities are second to none.
If we were in NP now we'd be getting 14 or 15000 average at best.
My best footy days were down Ninian but times change. Time to move on and make some noise in our new home. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 pm

We would moan whenever we are, but we have record ST sales since the move so something is working

Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 pm

Ive grown to like our ground a little bit to be honest with you! :roll:
I miss Ninian and the atomsphere though!

The thing i hate the most is walking through the city gates and looking at them ne houses whatever they are and thinking that was Ninian park the best place in the world! :cry: :ayatollah: