Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JANUARY TARGETS PART 2

Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Federico Macheda- Striker
Would be an excellent signing for any Championship team. He is exactly 6 ft and is 20 years old. He is known as a "supersub" as he came off the bench to score the winning goal for Manchester Utd against Aston Villa, that goal helped Manchester Utd win the Premiership that year. He has so far, scored 4 goals in 18 appearences, including one in Man Utd's 2-1 defeat to Crystal Palace a few weeks ago. During his career he has also gone out on loan to Samporida where he failed to score in 14 appearences. Also when he came on against Sunderland last year, he was again, a supersub as he scored, just 46 seconds after replacing Dimitar Berbatov as he deflected a Michael Carrick shot past Craig Gordon and into the Sunderland goal. At the end of his first season with Manchester United, he was named Jimmy Murphy's Academy Player Of The Year. This is impressive as he played along the likes of Tom Cleverly and Danny Welbeck who are both usualy in Man Utd's starting eleven every game. As Carl noted on there that Malky was interested in signing Macheda before the loan market slammed shut along with Mame Biram Diouf but Sir Alex Ferguson said that they are available to go out on loan in the January transfer market.

Mame Biram Diouf- Striker
The 23 year old was also a Man Utd player who was targeted by Malky MacKay. The 6ft 1in striker has scored 2 goals in his 10 caps for his country, Senegal. His first club was Diaraf but we are unsure of his records there, but then he moved to Molde where he scored a very impressive 29 goals in 69 appearences in the two years he was there. He then moved to Manchester United where so far he has scored 1 goal in 5 appearences for the English giants. He went back out on loan to his old club Molde where he scored 4 goals in 12 appearences. When he returned to Man Utd, he was sent out again to Blackburn Rovers where he scored 3 goals in 24 apps last season.

Re: JANUARY TARGETS PART 2

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

So Macheda has scored a huge total of 4 goals in 32 apps.....hmmmmmm no thanks

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:09 pm

Im not overally keen on a loan for a striker. Im guessing clubs would want them to play and at the moment I cant see that happening

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:11 pm

Macheda seems to have a bad attitude imo, We dont want that type of player at our club anymore to upset the great team spirit we currently have. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im not overally keen on a loan for a striker. Im guessing clubs would want them to play and at the moment I cant see that happening

i totally agree with as i often do mate. i think we'd be far better looking for young players who we can develop for iurselves in years to come rather than develop players for someone else.
personally, this is the route i think malky will go down (reading between the lines of malkys interviews) cos he thinks there isnt much talent in the development squad

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:41 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:So Macheda has scored a huge total of 4 goals in 32 apps.....hmmmmmm no thanks

Yeah but about 90% of those apps were coming on as a sub ;)

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:43 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Macheda seems to have a bad attitude imo, We dont want that type of player at our club anymore to upset the great team spirit we currently have. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What makes you think this?