Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

cardiff tape

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:02 pm

any one remember there was a audio tape out with the Cardiff fans singing i think it was early nineties always playing it on away trips ?

Re: cardiff tape

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 pm

laws88 wrote:any one remember there was a audio tape out with the Cardiff fans singing i think it was early nineties always playing it on away trips ?

Remember the 'Eddie May' track?

The bird saying

"you know the manager of Cardiff?.. whassis name?"

Classic :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WAY before my Cardiff City days of course :? :? :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:08 pm

thats the one i think? about 10 other songs on it classic

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

laws88 wrote:thats the one i think? about 10 other songs on it classic

Yeh thats the only one i remember tho.

Always wanted to shag her :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:22 pm

not many remember that on here? love to have a copy of that bring back some good memories were the days.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 pm

I think I still have a copy of that somewhere if I can find it will take a copy and pass on to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:08 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:I think I still have a copy of that somewhere if I can find it will take a copy and pass on to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

thanks be much appreciated

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:19 pm

It was produced & released by 2 lads from The 1927 Club , Mike Harris & Simon Morgan (R.I.P)

Mike released 2 Tapes Cardiff City Attack which had 2 tracks on it & Blue Army that had 4 tracks on it, he even managed to get HMV Cardiff to sell it!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 pm

I REMEMBER THAT!!!!!
The intro was priceless, somebody upload it, anybody?
:ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:23 pm

I used to have a copy of them but my old mk2 fiesta chewed them up. Is anyone whos got a copy able to put them onto mp3. I reckon theyd go down a storm again, a re-release. I remember one track was Blue Army, do the ayotollah, was another sort of techno with crowd samples over them. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:It was produced & released by 2 lads from The 1927 Club , Mike Harris & Simon Morgan (R.I.P)

Mike released 2 Tapes Cardiff City Attack which had 2 tracks on it & Blue Army that had 4 tracks on it, he even managed to get HMV Cardiff to sell it!

i must be thinking of blue army then i had the tape and left it in the transit we hired at the time what good old days ...eddie mays barmy army eddie mays barmy army eddie mays barmy army

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:I REMEMBER THAT!!!!!

You know the manager of Cardiff? yeah ...what's his name EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE MAY!!!

Mike recorded the crowd at various away games during the 1991 -92 season and the regular sing song on the train home with the rest of the 27 Club....happy days

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:

You know the manager of Cardiff? yeah ...what's his name EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE MAY!!!

Mike recorded the crowd at various away games during the 1991 -92 season and the regular sing song on the train home with the rest of the 27 Club....happy days

cracking days 1991 -92 season didnt miss one game home or away you wound not want to miss them then. best times of me watching city

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 pm

laws88 wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:

cracking days 1991 -92 season didnt miss one game home or away you wound not want to miss them then. best times of me watching city

have to agree there mate, despite living in London at the time I only missed 2 home league games all season and did most of the away games too. Cracking memories .."The Darling Buds of Eddie May" !!!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:It was produced & released by 2 lads from The 1927 Club , Mike Harris & Simon Morgan (R.I.P)

I still have the 2 tapes but dont have the gear or knowledge to convert them to mp3 :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Bankiebluebird wrote:

I still have the 2 tapes but dont have the gear or knowledge to convert them to mp3 :lol:

now cmon bankie you cant let us down now !! see if any of the lads or lasses you know have those machines you can connect via usb to the pc and I think they can turn them into mp3 :ayatollah: whats ali using these days we could even email him them and see if we can get the blue army song an airing prior to kick off that would be incredible. I agree with fellow posters best days of my life following city away in transit vans in the early 90s :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Anyone know anywhere these songs are on the internet? They're getting good reviews so they must be good! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:23 am

laws88 wrote:any one remember there was a audio tape out with the Cardiff fans singing i think it was early nineties always playing it on away trips ?

I'm sure Spillers had these tapes in the 90'd :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:00 pm

I remember playing it constantly on holiday in magaluf in 1992