Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ROSS McCORMACK " INTERESTING

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:39 pm

Ex-Cardiff City striker McCormack in demand
by Our Correspondent, South Wales EchoDec 12 2011

BLACKBURN and Wolves are set to make a move for Leeds’ former Cardiff City striker Ross McCormack in January.

The Scotland international, 25, who is contracted at Elland Road until 2013, has attracted the interest of both clubs who are struggling at the wrong end of the Barclays Premier League.

McCormack has been in fine form this season and is the npower Championship club’s top scorer with 11 goals. However, the former Rangers and Cardiff player has come off the bench for his last two appearances.

But we have NO sell on clause, virtually given away. :shock:

Re: " ROSS McCORMACK " INTERESTING

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Why has he been on the bench for the last few games? Would be interesting to see how he gets off in the Prem.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Ex-Cardiff City striker McCormack in demand

BLACKBURN and Wolves are set to make a move for Leeds’ former Cardiff City striker Ross McCormack in January.

The Scotland international, 25, who is contracted at Elland Road until 2013, has attracted the interest of both clubs who are struggling at the wrong end of the Barclays Premier League.

McCormack has been in fine form this season and is the npower Championship club’s top scorer with 11 goals. However, the former Rangers and Cardiff player has come off the bench for his last two appearances.

I rate Ross

But in much the same way as i rate Chopra. I think he will have patches of great
goalscoring runs followed by droughts. Interesting that he's back on the subs bench
for Leeds again!

As for a sell-on clause?

Just thank god the fuckwit Ridsdale and his miserable batman are no longer here!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:53 pm

being on the bench says it all hes ok but thats all

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:53 pm

I think we couldn't wait to ship him out of the club.

He was deemed to be a poor pro and a poor influence around the club.

Should there have been a sell on clause? Of course, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Most of us were only too happy to get shot of him at the time.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:I think we couldn't wait to ship him out of the club.

Should there have been a sell on clause? Of course, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Most of us were only too happy to get shot of him at the time.

I wasn't. Far too many City players got shipped out cos they had 'attitude'

Gerrard for instance, the lad looks ready to take a bat to the managers head
when he's dropped. He's had loads of problems, but he's still here, and was
unfortunate to get injured yet again. Malky seems to be able to get the best
from him... why couldnt Jones?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm

Scored one in the last ten games, Blackburn are sh!t and flying down to the Championship, I really doubt McCarthy and Wolves are interested, paper talk that's all he's not good enough for the Premiership and scores in bursts.........

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:06 pm

I thought Ross McCormack was brilliant when he was here.

I don't know if he caused problems in the dressing room or drank too much on his days off, but for me he did the business on the pitch.

I was sorry to see him go another wasted oppotunity IMO.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I thought Ross McCormack was brilliant when he was here.

I don't know if he caused problems in the dressing room or drank too much on his days off, but for me he did the business on the pitch.

I was sorry to see him go another wasted oppotunity IMO.

I agree with you Tony and I know him personally, he went through a couple of rough months of the pitch, but was then shit on.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:
alfie sherwood wrote:I think we couldn't wait to ship him out of the club.

I wasn't. Far too many City players got shipped out cos they had 'attitude'

Gerrard for instance, the lad looks ready to take a bat to the managers head
when he's dropped. He's had loads of problems, but he's still here, and was
unfortunate to get injured yet again. Malky seems to be able to get the best
from him... why couldnt Jones?

I don't know but Managers like certain players and standards, Jones liked Darcy, it seems Malky likes Gerrard, they must have their reasons, and they can't play everyone..........

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:14 pm

People say about Rosco being unprofessional in his attitude whilst with us, necessitating that we sold him. And those people wouldn't be far wrong.

However, there were at least 4 other unprofessional players with terrible attitudes at the club. If this was the route to be taken, then why were they kept at the club, but not Ross?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:People say about Rosco being unprofessional in his attitude whilst with us, necessitating that we sold him. And those people wouldn't be far wrong.

However, there were at least 4 other unprofessional players with terrible attitudes at the club. If this was the route to be taken, then why were they kept at the club, but not Ross?

Spot on Adam and they were a hell of a lot worse than Ross.

A weird example of a manager.
Adam Matthews still in his teens, scores an own goal and gets publicly slated by his own manager.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:People say about Rosco being unprofessional in his attitude whilst with us, necessitating that we sold him. And those people wouldn't be far wrong.

Spot on Adam and they were a hell of a lot worse than Ross.

A weird example of a manager.
Adam Matthews still in his teens, scores an own goal and gets publicly slated by his own manager.

Guy Fawkes Night should be renamed, do you know what I mean Harry?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:32 pm

dont think he.ll go tbh he.s happy there t leeds as for his last 2 games he has had time off to be with his newborn child .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:37 pm

andy 189 wrote:dont think he.ll go tbh he.s happy there t leeds as for his last 2 games he has had time off to be with his newborn child .

Cheers Andy for sorting that out before the gossip mongers twist things. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
andy 189 wrote:dont think he.ll go tbh he.s happy there t leeds as for his last 2 games he has had time off to be with his newborn child .

Cheers Andy for sorting that out before the gossip mongers twist things. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no probs annis hey all the best to everyone for xmas mucca i.ll see you down the ninian when leeds come to town andy...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:47 pm

andy 189 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

no probs annis hey all the best to everyone for xmas mucca i.ll see you down the ninian when leeds come to town andy...

Same to you Andy and see you in the Ninian then.
If you need tickets before hand pm me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:37 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... olves.html

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
andy 189 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Same to you Andy and see you in the Ninian then.
If you need tickets before hand pm me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

will do m8 thanks...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:55 pm

I would have sent him out on loan personally, It is fair to say he struggled at Leeds initially but after he got that 1st goal for them he has not looked back.

He was a quality player for us always gave 100% and we should have cashed in the season before we sold him.

We gave him away!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:

I would have sent him out on loan personally, It is fair to say he struggled at Leeds initially but after he got that 1st goal for them he has not looked back.

He was a quality player for us always gave 100% and we should have cashed in the season before we sold him.

We gave him away!

Richard, I agree and said it then, never should of been sold, loaned out at the best. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:

We gave him away!

Richard, I agree and said it then, never should of been sold, loaned out at the best. :ayatollah:

if we had loaned him out he'd still be ours and Malky could have worked his magic with him. I have no doubt that he would have got him back on track! :old:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:

We gave him away!

if we had loaned him out he'd still be ours and Malky could have worked his magic with him. I have no doubt that he would have got him back on track! :old:

To be fair though who wants to spend a season working on a problem player, get him back up to form then have him return to the parent club back on track and ready to knock goals passed them next time they meet?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 pm

We did it with Gerrard who had fallen out of favour with Dave Jones

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:53 pm

I liked Ross. Always did his best, and scored a few goals. So he had a few problems, well so have most of us. He's done well at Leeds. Was surprised he was let go, to be honest. Remember talking to a lad next to me at the Burton Albion game. He said that this might be Ross' last game. Perhaps I'm a bit slow, but it took me back a bit. Ross was gone soon after.

As for Adam Matthews, best I don't start. What a way to treat a young player!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 pm

Piss poor management.

Happens in every walk of life.

As I have said previously whoever got Malky on board knows their shit backwards.

My fear is not that Whitts goes in Jan but Malky himself!!!

Malky for president of Wales, he could that with what little free time he has. Well lets face it most of us could do it during our lunch 15 minutes break, every other Tuesday. Bi monthly.