Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Never really understood how . . . .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:48 pm

Clubs get fined by the FA for failing to control their players.

Most recent being today with Brighton being fined £15,000 for game at Southampton last month.

How has the "club" failed? Should all the managerial staff have come onto the pitch and got involved? That would be interesting.

I understand that this should never occurr but surely the players involved should be personally held accountable.

TV at every game now. Easy to identify the offenders.

Re: Never really understood how . . . .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:54 pm

The control should be instilled into the players. They all know the consequences should they get out of control. The club get fined and this in turn (IMO) should be passed onto the players who get out of control.
If the players don't know this then the club have failed.

:shock:

Re: Never really understood how . . . .

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:08 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:Clubs get fined by the FA for failing to control their players.

Most recent being today with Brighton being fined £15,000 for game at Southampton last month.

How has the "club" failed? Should all the managerial staff have come onto the pitch and got involved? That would be interesting.

I understand that this should never occurr but surely the players involved should be personally held accountable.

TV at every game now. Easy to identify the offenders.

I think the idea is that the clubs should then displine the players by passing the fines on.