Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Match attendances

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Was having a conversation with two of my mates about the match attendances and they were saying that the attendances are inflated because the club counts every season ticket irrespective whether they attend the game.

In addition, they reckon that the 19, 000 + that were at the Blackburn game was also inflated. Surely for the cup games you wouldn't want to inflate the attendances?

Re: Match attendances

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

Think all clubs count season ticket holders in attendance I think the cup match was correct The grandstand was packed more than it is for a league game

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Think all clubs count season ticket holders in attendance I think the cup match was correct The grandstand was packed more than it is for a league game

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:07 pm

I'm not a season ticket holder this season. but in previous years your season ticket didn't count for cup matches etc. only league. so your allocated season ticket seat is up for anyone to sit there. so i'm not sure how the season ticket holders would affect the attendance here...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Im not suggesting that STH are included in cup match attendances.

I was just querying what my two mates said about over inflated attendances for cups matches. If anything you wouldn't want to inflate them for TAX purposes.