A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don't Drink in the stands otherwise...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:38 pm

Youll be
- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed
- taken to a room full of millwall stewards/personel
- asked for all your details and photographed
- Spoken to like a murderer, even by one of our stewards, who ever you are you're a jumped up little pr!ck
- then chucked into the back of a police van and taken to lewisham police station
- once at the police station youll again be asked for all your details and searched thoroughly (at one stage I thought he was going to get out the rubber gloves)
- Photographed again, finger prints and DNA taken.
- Chucked into a cell then for 6 f*cking hours
- Interiewed for 30 mins and then released on bail, with them fully knowing we had missed all our trains.

utter stupidy, and before all the doo gooders have a go, yeah I know its against the law to consume alcohol within seeing distance of the pitch, and would have totally accepted being chucked outta the game and a fine.

Seemed to me as if they had made no other arrests during the day and were a little disapointed ( due to the amount of police they had out) so thought they would just make up the numbers for their qouta.

and to top it all off now looking at a 3 year ban, I might as well have just ran onto the pitch punched a few millwall scum and taken a huge dump.

Re: Don't Drink in the stands otherwise...

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:44 pm

I had nothing but sympathy for you, until you said "i knew it was against the law" if you knew, why did you do it?? On that reasoning you're stupidity level has gone astronomical :old:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah it was stupid, but if I knew the trouble and issues that would entail I would have thought twice before hand.

But a 3 year ban and treated like a violent convict for something so trivial? Nah

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:I had nothing but sympathy for you, until you said "i knew it was against the law" if you knew, why did you do it?? On that reasoning you're stupidity level has gone astronomical :old:

Last week my sister had her car window smashed/given a black eye and had to go to hospital for treatment. (because the woman did not like where she was parked) Whilst at the hospital (and after having the windscreen repaired) had her car burnt out. The police know who had done this and all she got was a caution which took 20 mins in a police station. The police said even if the (woman) offender went to court she would get let off as it's her first offence.

Still, being a football fan is crime in it's self I suppose. :shock: :(

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:00 pm

- released on bail until the end of january when you have to return to london to find out whats happening.

or

- released on bail and told to appear at magistrates next monday back in London.
Last edited by cf24 on Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:01 pm

Sentences and treatment is far too harsh on football related incidents, which is why i pointed out i thought the OP was stupid.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:05 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Sentences and treatment is far too harsh on football related incidents, which is why i pointed out i thought the OP was stupid.

It's got way beyond harsh. :( :evil:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:34 pm

Ely_dub wrote:Youll be
- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed
- Spoken to like a murderer, even by one of our stewards, who ever you are you're a jumped up little pr!ck
- then chucked into the back of a police van and taken to lewisham police station
- once at the police station youll again be asked for all your details and searched thoroughly (at one stage I thought he was going to get out the rubber gloves)
- Interiewed for 30 mins and then released on bail, with them fully knowing we had missed all our trains.

utter stupidy, and before all the doo gooders have a go, yeah I know its against the law to consume alcohol within seeing distance of the pitch, and would have totally accepted being chucked outta the game and a fine.

Seemed to me as if they had made no other arrests during the day and were a little disapointed ( due to the amount of police they had out) so thought they would just make up the numbers for their qouta.

and to top it all off now looking at a 3 year ban, I might as well have just ran onto the pitch punched a few millwall scum and taken a huge dump.

absolute f*cking scum

I'm livid for you mate.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:38 pm

- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed

Write and tell the cunts you've got a drink problem since the death of ****** whatever, make up
an Uncle or summat, or the break up of your marriage. Tell them you were really depressed that
day and wished you hadnt of gone, you werent aware of the rules but were too depressed to
go without a drink. Pile it on. f**k em.

Get the name of the Cardiff steward if you can and complain about that tw*t

good luck feller

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:00 pm

- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed

I'm not having ago Ely but is there anymore to this story. For example were you warned to stop drinking before being arrested?

Or is your version you were arrested on the spot without any attempt to explain the law to you?

I have seen this kind of things several times at CCS and on each occasion the stewards have politely pointed out that you can't drink in view of the pitch. They allow you to walk back down to the concourse to either finish drinking or dispose of it.

If that option was not given to you then you would have a recourse to make a very serious complaint about both the stewards and Police, but if you were and refused to comply then frankly 6 hours locked up was fully deserved for utter stupidity.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm

I took a hip flask to Reading last year, When I walked to the gates I had it down my pants, The Steward serched me and it fell down my leg and hit the floor making a loud noise. The stuard looked at me and i looked up at him, We both burst out laughing. He took it off me and didn't say a word.

Thats how it should be done, Why the hell didn't they just take it off you and let you enjoy the game, it's Pathetic. If you were causing trouble then take you down the station. They are just as bad as the really trouble makers sometimes.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:33 pm

Kanester wrote:I took a hip flask to Reading last year, When I walked to the gates I had it down my pants, The Steward serched me and it fell down my leg and hit the floor making a loud noise. The stuard looked at me and i looked up at him, We both burst out laughing. He took it off me and didn't say a word.

Thats how it should be done, Why the hell didn't they just take it off you and let you enjoy the game, it's Pathetic. If you were causing trouble then take you down the station. They are just as bad as the really trouble makers sometimes.

I suppose the answer you would get, is it is not an offence to attempt to take booze into the ground, but drinking it is.

Agree with what you say though, there are ways and means to sort out minor offences.

Was it not the Newcastle owner drinking in view of the field of play? He just said sorry and that was that?!! :(

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm

SBF1 wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:I had nothing but sympathy for you, until you said "i knew it was against the law" if you knew, why did you do it?? On that reasoning you're stupidity level has gone astronomical :old:

Last week my sister had her car window smashed/given a black eye and had to go to hospital for treatment. (because the woman did not like where she was parked) Whilst at the hospital (and after having the windscreen repaired) had her car burnt out. The police know who had done this and all she got was a caution which took 20 mins in a police station. The police said even if the (woman) offender went to court she would get let off as it's her first offence.

Bloody hell, mate. Was that SBF3?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

No mate it was my youngest sister. (SBF3 sends her regards) My youngest sister is living down the bay.

My sister was told she could take civil action but because the woman is on benefits would only get £1 a week in compensation. It would still cost my sister the fees to take her to court though. The worlds gone mad! :evil:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:24 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

No mate it was my youngest sister. (SBF3 sends her regards) My youngest sister is living down the bay.

My sister was told she could take civil action but because the woman is on benefits would only get £1 a week in compensation. It would still cost my sister the fees to take her to court though. The worlds gone mad! :evil:

No kidding.

They can get the money back off her, if they want. Start with her 50 inch telly and so on....

SBF3 doesn't go to the footie any longer, does she?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:28 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

Not for a couple years now J. She has an inner ear problem and can't get out like she used to. Balance/space/crowds are all too much for her. The problem is degenerative as well. :(

No kidding.

They can get the money back off her, if they want. Start with her 50 inch telly and so on....

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:42 pm

I think that spectators should be allowed to drink in the stands but with a one pint ration. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

No kidding.

:(
Not for a couple years now J. She has an inner ear problem and can't get out like she used to. Balance/space/crowds are all too much for her. The problem is degenerative as well.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:49 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

No kidding.

Not for a couple years now J. She has an inner ear problem and can't get out like she used to. Balance/space/crowds are all too much for her. The problem is degenerative as well.

Blimey, sounds awful. Poor girl.

Tell her I said hello.

My sister works in audiology in the UHW, so their paths might cross in the future, if they haven't already.

11.40 train Saturday, if you fancy it.

:ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Still, being a football fan is crime in it's self I suppose. :shock: :([/quote]

Bloody hell, mate. Was that SBF3?[/quote]

My sister was told she could take civil action but because the woman is on benefits would only get £1 a week in compensation. It would still cost my sister the fees to take her to court though. The worlds gone mad! :evil:[/quote]

No kidding.

SBF3 doesn't go to the footie any longer, does she?[/quote]
Not for a couple years now J. She has an inner ear problem and can't get out like she used to. Balance/space/crowds are all too much for her. The problem is degenerative as well.[/quote]

Blimey, sounds awful. Poor girl.

Tell her I said hello.

My sister works in audiology in the UHW, so their paths might cross in the future, if they haven't already.

11.40 train Saturday, if you fancy it.

:ayatollah:[/quote]

You never know they may have already met ? 8-)

That train sounds perfect if I don't get a lift. ;)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed

I'm not having ago Ely but is there anymore to this story. For example were you warned to stop drinking before being arrested?

Or is your version you were arrested on the spot without any attempt to explain the law to you?

I have seen this kind of things several times at CCS and on each occasion the stewards have politely pointed out that you can't drink in view of the pitch. They allow you to walk back down to the concourse to either finish drinking or dispose of it.

If that option was not given to you then you would have a recourse to make a very serious complaint about both the stewards and Police, but if you were and refused to comply then frankly 6 hours locked up was fully deserved for utter stupidity.

Nope, no warning or caution what so ever. Fairplay if a copper or a steward came upto me and warned me I would have happily obliged and handed over the beer.

Just seems a bit OTT in my opinion. I wasnt agressive or abusive in any way surely they could have just done a system check on me, there and then and realised I wasnt known to the police for any existing football related issues, slap on the wrist and on my way.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Ely_dub wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed

Nope, no warning or caution what so ever. Fairplay if a copper or a steward came upto me and warned me I would have happily obliged and handed over the beer.

Just seems a bit OTT in my opinion. I wasnt agressive or abusive in any way surely they could have just done a system check on me, there and then and realised I wasnt known to the police for any existing football related issues, slap on the wrist and on my way.

Way over the top. A word in your ear would and should have sufficed. Ridiculous and pathetic behaviour.

As a matter of interest, how did u get the beer past the stewards? I have seen people carrying beer into the ground at City being pointed back to the bar areas. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Ely_dub wrote:

It is OTT. Obviously I don't know what you said during the Police interview but if you said you were unaware of the regulations and would have handed the drink over if asked, then it is impossible to see how this matter could go any further.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:30 pm

- Grabbed by a copper
- Handcuffed

In my best Brian Clough voice I have to say to you. " Consider yourself very lucky young man, it could've been a lot worse!"

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Still gutted for you mate, justice for **** * :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 pm

I question the legality of this situation.

You see people drinking in view of the pitch at rugby and cricket so why not at a football game. Just because the Taylor report said it does not make it the law.

Of course a football club can ban you just like you can stop someone coming into your house. However did the police have the right to finger print and in prison you? Did you commit a crime? Why were you not arrested? A bit of a grey area.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Contact Corky or the FSF would be the best option

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Ely_dub wrote:Yeah it was stupid, but if I knew the trouble and issues that would entail I would have thought twice before hand.

But a 3 year ban and treated like a violent convict for something so trivial? Nah

Then your better of going not guilty.Cost them money/time and ask for video evidence everything.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:Contact Corky or the FSF would be the best option

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:I question the legality of this situation.

You see people drinking in view of the pitch at rugby and cricket so why not at a football game. Just because the Taylor report said it does not make it the law.

Of course a football club can ban you just like you can stop someone coming into your house. However did the police have the right to finger print and in prison you? Did you commit a crime? Why were you not arrested? A bit of a grey area.

Ian, I would take it all the way, why just accept a 3 year ban, NO WAY.