Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

new role for earnie ?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Does anybody think earnie could do a job out wide with 20 mins to go with his pace. I am sure he could adapt his game if it means he could play his part in a possible promotion wining city team, because at the moment he cant get a kick. :?: :?:

Re: new role for earnie ?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:30 pm

No. Earnie has never been very good technically, he only works as a striker. IMO of course.

I dont know why Malky bothered bringing Earnie back. Its obvious he doesnt rate him.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:19 pm

jurgen18 wrote:Does anybody think earnie could do a job out wide with 20 mins to go with his pace. I am sure he could adapt his game if it means he could play his part in a possible promotion wining city team, because at the moment he cant get a kick. :?: :?:

to me he looks like hes lost his pace..

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:47 pm

polo wrote:No. Earnie has never been very good technically, he only works as a striker. IMO of course.

I dont know why Malky bothered bringing Earnie back. Its obvious he doesnt rate him.

It does look that way. Whilst the move to a 4-5-1 system has worked brilliant for everyone it has left Earnie out of the equation.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Wasnt there a hint that Earnie had already been tapped up before
Malky got here, so he decided to go with the flow.. an exercise in
public relations to get the fans on board.

I wish i'd been wrong about Earnshaw :(

But he just aint good enough

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I feel a little sorry for Earnie, He's a goal scorer but he needs a big man next to him in a 442 Formation.
For that to happen Miller would have to be dropped and a big man played up front with Earnie, Thats never going to happen.

We would also need to drop one of our midfielders, that would be a huge mistake because our midfield balance at the moment is spot on and with 5 in Midfield thats why we are winning games. :ayatollah:

Sadly, I don't think there is any room for Earnie in our 451 formation, But i Still think he is good enough to play, Say Miller got injured and we played Rudy and Earnie.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:05 pm

taffyapple wrote:Wasnt there a hint that Earnie had already been tapped up before

I'm sure somewhere (either a Carl update or a Q & A session) Malky insisted that Earnie was his signing.

That said I always had the same feeling that the Earnie transfer was being tied up before Malky was even interviewed although it might not have gone through until he was appointed (TBH I can't remember :oops: )

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Kanester wrote:I feel a little sorry for Earnie, He's a goal scorer but he needs a big man next to him in a 442 Formation.
For that to happen Miller would have to be dropped and a big man played up front with Earnie, Thats never going to happen.

We would also need to drop one of our midfielders, that would be a huge mistake because our midfield balance at the moment is spot on and with 5 in Midfield thats why we are winning games. :ayatollah:

Sadly, I don't think there is any room for Earnie in our 451 formation, But i Still think he is good enough to play, Say Miller got injured and we played Rudy and Earnie.

I stand to be corrected but I'm sure Earnie was very successful at playing the lone striker role at Norwich he certainly looked good in that role when scoring the winner against us a few years back :(

In truth Earnie only really ever gelled with Peter Thorne as a strike partner from what I remember and the way we play it is not that important to have a big man up front on his own as Joe Mason and Kenny Miller have proven.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:14 pm

I reckon he'l play in carling cup final and score,

Earnies good but he has no place in this system, kenny millars finishing is clinical and the other lads are up and coming and need games

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:41 pm

i honestly believe malky had 100% belief that is main striking force would be earnie and miller,seeing how it would go until january, gestede was pretty much unknown and joey mason was a player for the future who may have been sent out on loan,however both the 2 young lads have been a revelation and their performances warrant a place in the squad and unfortunately earnies havent.
Malky adapted brilliantly by introducing the 4-5-1 formation to utilise our superb midfield and playing kenny who i believe has been very good in the lone striker role

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm

taffyapple wrote:Wasnt there a hint that Earnie had already been tapped up before

Malky in doing something to get fans on board shocker.

It's nice though and a lovely contrast to Mr Jones.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:20 pm

I honestly believe jones would still have earnie in the team playing a flat archaic 4-4-2 formation and wouldnt have looked twice at young talent like gestede,mason and ralls

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:20 pm

englishbluebird wrote:i honestly believe malky had 100% belief that is main striking force would be earnie and miller,seeing how it would go until january, gestede was pretty much unknown and joey mason was a player for the future who may have been sent out on loan,however both the 2 young lads have been a revelation and their performances warrant a place in the squad and unfortunately earnies havent.
Malky adapted brilliantly by introducing the 4-5-1 formation to utilise our superb midfield and playing kenny who i believe has been very good in the lone striker role

Top post mate, agree with you 100%

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:41 pm

I like Earnie but yes he has lot a bit of pace.

But isnt it reassuring to know that we have come on so much that not even Earnie can get into the team. This, to me, is a sign of strength.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:44 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I honestly believe jones would still have earnie in the team playing a flat archaic 4-4-2 formation and wouldnt have looked twice at young talent like gestede,mason and ralls

Fair play EB you have covered all the bases with that post ;) No matter how much I try I can come up with any kind of counter argument :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:25 pm

It's a long season and still think we'll be grateful to have Earnie at some point.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:56 pm

No role for Earnie im afraid. :(

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:46 pm

15 minutes I would say and yes he do the job imo.
He done it time after time for Forest. Ive said this loads.
He done it against Derby last season at their ground! :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:I honestly believe jones would still have earnie in the team playing a flat archaic 4-4-2 formation and wouldnt have looked twice at young talent like gestede,mason and ralls

Fair play EB you have covered all the bases with that post ;) No matter how much I try I can come up with any kind of counter argument :lol:

I can. Jones would never have signed Earnie in the first place.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:00 pm

jinks-rct wrote:
jurgen18 wrote:Does anybody think earnie could do a job out wide with 20 mins to go with his pace. I am sure he could adapt his game if it means he could play his part in a possible promotion wining city team, because at the moment he cant get a kick. :?: :?:

to me he looks like hes lost his pace..

agreed,thats why he is off side so often, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:10 pm

New role for earnshaw ? driving limo/chauffer vehicles to away matches
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.