Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malks Revollution

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:10 am

I guess i'm one of the few on this board who hasent completely bought into Malks revolution and i tell you why,like i have told you before i have supported the Bluebirds for over 50 years and in that time i have seen many managers come and go,many promises broken and many many false dawns so you will excuse me if i dont rush in and proclaim Malky has the next Messiah,as far as i'm concerned he still has a lot of work to do to win me over completely,i think his first instinct is not to lose the game,i would prefer that his first instinct would be to win the game,i think if he had four clean sheets on the bounce but in doing so we were not able to score a single goal i think Malky would settle for that,i also have just got this nagging doubt in my mind that he might lack a little self belief in his dealings in the transfer market,anyway i will be prepared to be proven wrong and hope malky is not another false dawn

Re: Malks Revollution

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:18 am

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion, but with the way things are going at the moment, it feels good to be a City fan. Even if we dont get to the Premiership this year, it wont be seen as a major failure, as it did for the last 3 years under Jones, as Malky hasn't had enough time to build a side of his own yet, like Jones had 6 years but still couldn't make it.
Of course when you compare Malky to some of the managers you will have seen (Scoular, Eddie May etc..) he has a lot to live up to, but if we all give him time, he will surely get us promoted :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 am

angelis49 wrote:I guess i'm one of the few on this board who hasent completely bought into Malks revolution and i tell you why,like i have told you before i have supported the Bluebirds for over 50 years and in that time i have seen many managers come and go,many promises broken and many many false dawns so you will excuse me if i dont rush in and proclaim Malky has the next Messiah,as far as i'm concerned he still has a lot of work to do to win me over completely,i think his first instinct is not to lose the game,i would prefer that his first instinct would be to win the game,i think if he had four clean sheets on the bounce but in doing so we were not able to score a single goal i think Malky would settle for that,i also have just got this nagging doubt in my mind that he might lack a little self belief in his dealings in the transfer market,anyway i will be prepared to be proven wrong and hope malky is not another false dawn

we couldnt have asked for more from malky. :D theres always going to be a few miserable cunts who moan about him. :o

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:19 am

A strong defence is the foundation of a successful team. Without harping on
about Jones.. its where he fell short.

George Graham built a highly successful side at Arsenal. Built on a rock-like
defence that gave nothing away. Boring at times? yes! But Arsene Wenger
carried it on and made Arsenal one of the most exciting teams we've seen
in Britain... Using pretty much exactly the same defenders for years.

They grew older. Arsenal have never really replaced the Tony Addams/Lee Dixon
Keown/Winterburn type players.

Malky is doing things right.

Build from the back, its the only way forward!!!

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:35 am

angelis49 wrote:I guess i'm one of the few on this board who hasent completely bought into Malks revolution and i tell you why,like i have told you before i have supported the Bluebirds for over 50 years and in that time i have seen many managers come and go,many promises broken and many many false dawns so you will excuse me if i dont rush in and proclaim Malky has the next Messiah,as far as i'm concerned he still has a lot of work to do to win me over completely,i think his first instinct is not to lose the game,i would prefer that his first instinct would be to win the game,i think if he had four clean sheets on the bounce but in doing so we were not able to score a single goal i think Malky would settle for that,i also have just got this nagging doubt in my mind that he might lack a little self belief in his dealings in the transfer market,anyway i will be prepared to be proven wrong and hope malky is not another false dawn

Fair enough, time will tell.

I'm not one of the doubters, at the moment. I'm very positive about this season but, as others have said, I won't be too sad if we don't get promoted.

I honestly think that we've seen enough at this stage to have a good guess as to whether or not CCFC are good enough for promotion and I think we are, if we can get some extra bods in and we aren't too badly hit by injuries and suspensions.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:48 am

Nedd Glas wrote:

Fair enough, time will tell.

I'm not one of the doubters, at the moment. I'm very positive about this season but, as others have said, I won't be too sad if we don't get promoted.

I honestly think that we've seen enough at this stage to have a good guess as to whether or not CCFC are good enough for promotion and I think we are, if we can get some extra bods in and we aren't too badly hit by injuries and suspensions.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I agree with you Nedd. The work rate and commitment by the team thus far is not down to luck, but down to hard work, and motivation. That comes from the top.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: