Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

VERHEIJEN KEEN TO TAKE WALES MANAGERS JOB!!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/16133955.stm

Wales assistant manager Raymond Verheijen hopes the leadership of the national side will be decided on Monday by the Football Association of Wales.

Wales were left without a manager after Gary Speed's death last month.

"Tomorrow FAW meet about future of Wales," the Dutchman said on Twitter on Sunday night.

"Hopefully the board will respect Gary's wish so [fellow assistant] Osian Roberts and I can lead the team to Brazil."

Dutchman Verheijen added: "There is no need for a new manager with new ideas. Our success was based on Gary's clear structure. Everybody knows what to do for mission Brazil 2014."

Verheijen, who has helped coach Netherlands, Russia and South Korea's national sides, was brought into the Wales set-up when Speed was appointed in 2010.

The 40-year-old helped Speed to organise and inspire Wales to win four of their last five internationals.

He said early last month, before Speed's death, that his contract was due to expire at the end of 2011 and he was evaluating his future.

Wales will begin their World Cup campaign at home to Belgium on 7 September 2012.

Re: VERHEIJEN KEEN TO TAKE WALES MANAGERS JOB!!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:56 pm

I don't like the way he is talking tbh. Like he is tryin to blackmail the FAW into giving him the job for Gary

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:16 pm

we do need someone from within the set up,
who is not stubborn and wants to re structure the whole dynamics of the sqaud to how they want it.

he should definately be given a chance in my oppinion

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:25 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:we do need someone from within the set up,
who is not stubborn and wants to restructure the whole dynamics of the squad to how they want it.

he should definitely be given a chance in my opinion

Yeah, happy with that, it could work. Some people weren't happy with Speed's appointment, due to his inexperience on the managerial front, but it all came together. A bit of continuity with the remaining staff and who knows?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
who is not stubborn and wants to restructure the whole dynamics of the squad to how they want it.

Yeah, happy with that, it could work. Some people weren't happy with Speed's appointment, due to his inexperience on the managerial front, but it all came together. A bit of continuity with the remaining staff and who knows?

I can personally see us reaching the world cup, maybe via the play offs , but i think we will go ut in the first stages dissapointed

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:44 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

I can personally see us reaching the world cup, maybe via the play offs , but i think we will go ut in the first stages dissapointed

If we get there, most of us will feel like we've won it, anyway, after all the years of missing out!

:lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:12 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

:? :?

I'm guessing your a young lad???

(not looking down my nose in any way)

BUT...

Qualification, full stop.

A miracle.

Gimme gimme :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Like to see him involved alongside another welsh legend.

Giggs perhaps.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 pm

i can see what hes saying and i agree with him. but i can also see how some can take it the wrong way a bit. but in fairness roberts cant really say jack shit the bloke hardly runs welsh football. raymond, osian and MAYBE some sort of good coach sort of role drafted in as well?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:47 pm

I would be dissapointed if he doesnt get the job we need to keep the Speed revolution going and this man was privvy to Speed beliefs and methods :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Give the job to Dutch Ray, keep the existing set-up, perhaps get somebody else in if they want extra help. Gary started this job, only fair that his team be allowed to finish it. Tragic that Gary won't be around to see it through. RIP.

As for Iwan Roberts, he was a striker who never scored a goal for Wales. Only got a job at the BBC because he can speak Welsh. Out of his depth at Bala Town v Afan Lido. No disrespect to the clubs mentioned.

Leave Giggsy to concentrate on his sha*ging career.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:01 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Give the job to Dutch Ray, keep the existing set-up, perhaps get somebody else in if they want extra help. Gary started this job, only fair that his team be allowed to finish it. Tragic that Gary won't be around to see it through. RIP.

As for Iwan Roberts, he was a striker who never scored a goal for Wales. Only got a job at the BBC because he can speak Welsh. Out of his depth at Bala Town v Afan Lido. No disrespect to the clubs mentioned.

Leave Giggsy to concentrate on his sha*ging career.

Not being funny but if you want a footballer or manager who doesn't shag about then we have limited ourselves massively.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 pm

Plenty of decent, honest footballers and managers about. No worse than any other type of bloke. Fine for a single bloke, but cheating on your wife, not to mention your brother, is not big, or clever, or hard. Besides, Giggs' record for Wales is pretty poor. Did not turn up half the time. Bellamy is not much better. Even Savage bottled a trip to Azerbaijan when he was at Birmingham. That's what made Speed, and Hartson, and Ernie different. Dean Saunders always turned up as well.