Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" TOMORROWS MEETING "

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:48 pm

The FAW meet tomorrow to discus the future manager of Wales.

Re: " TOMORROWS MEETING "

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm

I thought they wernt going to do this until the new year? :S

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:53 pm

This has become one of most difficult jobs in football now, after the shock of Gary's death is popularity and the magnificant job he was doing, many people may not want to take the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Looks like assistant dutch ray wants to do it.https://twitter.com/#!/raymondverheije

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:58 pm

They should leave it until the New Year.

In my opinion they need a passionate Welshman-someone like John Hartson with Flynn assistant.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:They should leave it until the New Year.

In my opinion they need a passionate Welshman-someone like John Hartson with Flynn assistant.

Hartson is total tw*t if he was manager we would never win another game, i know a county fan and Hartson was doing coaching down there they got shot of him because he was shit.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Hope its not Hartson! I wouldn't be completely opposed to Dutch Ray doing it, people I've spoken to who have worked with him say he's very switched on. Out of the other candidates it's a mixed bunch! Hiddink would be the dream ticket but we couldn't afford him! Wouldn't be opposed to Giggsy or Hughes but it's pretty thin on the ground after that! Bobby Gould is currently unemployed, could be an option........... ;)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Very Difficult situation but i would go for Deano - young, welsh and would galvinate young players , fans and country to do speedo proud imo.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:12 pm

simon1927 wrote:I thought they wernt going to do this until the new year? :S

They are discussing it tom, does not mean a decision will be made for a while.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:13 pm

They need to have the meeting now because Dutch Ray's contract is up on the 31st of December, so they need to strike whilst he is still a 'consultant' to the Faw.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:15 pm

dinkypoohblue wrote:Very Difficult situation but i would go for Deano - young, welsh and would galvinate young players , fans and country to do speedo proud imo.

Don't rate Saunders. Wrexham fans are very mixed on him as well.

What is needed is a passionate Welshman with a good assistant/coaching team

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
dinkypoohblue wrote:Very Difficult situation but i would go for Deano - young, welsh and would galvinate young players , fans and country to do speedo proud imo.

Don't rate Saunders. Wrexham fans are very mixed on him as well.

What is needed is a passionate Welshman with a good assistant/coaching team

Saunders won't able to get any massive African players in on loan for Wales, so I'd be worried about him.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Dean Saunders, with the existing set up. Deano was around for a while when Tosh was there, so the players will know him. Did well at Wrexham, and doing OK at Donny.

Not Hartson or Hughes. And Giggs' brains are in his Bol*ocks

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Dean Saunders, with the existing set up. Deano was around for a while when Tosh was there, so the players will know him. Did well at Wrexham, and doing OK at Donny.

Not Hartson or Hughes. And Giggs' brains are in his Bol*ocks

I can imagine it now.

To get in Giggsy's squad you have to leave him alone with your wife for an hour.

If you want in the team you have to leave him alone with your wife and your sister for two hours.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Mark Hughes or Giggsy would be my choice, a combination of the two would be brilliant.
Really can't see any of them wanting this job at the moment though.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:57 pm

Needs to be done. Life goes on and the Players need to know who will be our next manager :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 pm

The Chief Executive was on Sky the day after Gary Speeds tragic death and stated that no decision would be made at this months meeting.

It would be a bit insensitive considering that Gary was on laid to rest a few days ago to announce his replacement a week later.

Nothing will happen until the new year

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:The Chief Executive was on Sky the day after Gary Speeds tragic death and stated that no decision would be made at this months meeting.

It would be a bit insensitive considering that Gary was on laid to rest a few days ago to announce his replacement a week later.

I agree Richard, but they still met today and discussed the future.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Fairwater Youth wrote:The Chief Executive was on Sky the day after Gary Speeds tragic death and stated that no decision would be made at this months meeting.

I agree Richard, but they still met today and discussed the future.

It is going to be a big decision, It would not surprise me if they considered Ryan Giggs he was reportedly their initial choice before they appointed Gary Speed. Whoever takes over will need to hit the deck running and build on what Gary had already started. I hope we do not go backwards and appoint Mark Hughes, I have never forgiven him for blowing our best chance of qualifying in 10 years or how he left the job.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:48 am

Has to be Mark Hughes for me forna number of reasons>

He's Welsh sonfully understands how the country is feeling at the moment.
He'd have the respect of the nation and of the players because of who he is and what he almost achieved last time.
He's done very well and become an excellent manager since leaving Wales.
He's out of work meaning that there's no red tape or compensation to worry about.
He's done the job before and packed out the Millenium meNing that he wouldn't be daunted by the job.

He'd be my first choice all day long with Dutch Ray and the rest if the back room staff in there maybe with the addition of Mark Bowen.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:Has to be Mark Hughes for me forna number of reasons>

He's Welsh sonfully understands how the country is feeling at the moment.
He'd have the respect of the nation and of the players because of who he is and what he almost achieved last time.
He's done very well and become an excellent manager since leaving Wales.
He's out of work meaning that there's no red tape or compensation to worry about.
He's done the job before and packed out the Millenium meNing that he wouldn't be daunted by the job.

He'd be my first choice all day long with Dutch Ray and the rest if the back room staff in there maybe with the addition of Mark Bowen.

He may be the logical choice as he is out of work at present and there is no doubt he'd have the respect of the players.
However he jumped ship as soon as the Blackburn job became available leaving us very much in a hopeless position with 2 points out of 12 so qualification was out of the equation. If you analyse Mark Hughes reign as Wales manager he won a total of 6 competetive games (Belarus x 2, Azerbaijan x 2, Italy & Finland) but his last 9 competitive games including the play off games against Russia were winless and we only picked up a total of 3 points.

He blew the best opportunity since 1993 of qualifying because at times he was tactically inept. They may be harsh words but the facts speak for themselves, true his sides did pack out the Millenium stadium but they had gone from 72000 for Brazil to 10000 for Belarus within 15 months. Mark Hughes also equalled the longest run without a win in a competitive game before we went on a bit of a recovery. His record is not as good as what people made out. He took no interest in the under 21's or the sides below so left Toshack with nothing to work with and no choice but to rebuild from the bottom upwards and we are seeing the fruits of this now.

The Welsh FA have got a difficult decision to make, I hope we appoint a Welshman but someone that will build on what Gary Speed was creating because he put the pride back in the shirt and started to get us to believe again. To do this you will need to keep the current coaching set up.