Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FAO Johnny the steward.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:02 pm

What sort of law is being broken if your caught drinking in the stands?

Can you be banned and for what length of time?

Re: FAO Johnny the steward.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:05 pm

mmmmm

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:08 pm

I've been caught drinking whiskey from a flask away at Bradford before and it was took off me and returned at the end of the game (minus the whiskey lol)

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:10 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I've been caught drinking whiskey from a flask away at Bradford before and it was took off me and returned at the end of the game (minus the whiskey lol)

How about being arrested and not bailed until 11pm?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:11 pm

Well thankfully that didnt happen to me.

Billy Hunt. wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I've been caught drinking whiskey from a flask away at Bradford before and it was took off me and returned at the end of the game (minus the whiskey lol)

who got nicked???? seen loads of people having the beers taken off em yesterday ;)

Billy Hunt. wrote:

you?????

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:What sort of law is being broken if your caught drinking in the stands?

this was brought in with the Taylor report
that no alcohol can be consumed in view of the pitch
its along the same lines as persistent standing
where the fans dont get banned but you will get ejected
thats not to say the club wont put their own personal ban against you
so you probably would get a 5 game ban max from the club
but its not a police matter
but the club will find itself in trouble more than fans if the club is found to be letting fans drink in view of the pitch
i personally think its a stupid law but until its changed its one of the more serious 'crimes' you can commit at a football game

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Annoying thing is rugby fans can do what they want.

I remember goin to Sunderland and they have a yellow line that you can't take drinks past. I remember a steward coming down and saying I'd get thrown out if I didn't move my foot.... Yes I had one foot past it :roll:
So as she turned her back I jumped back and fore over it :lol: and yes like a child :D
City steward laughed anyway.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Nah not me baz.

Cheers John :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:What sort of law is being broken if your caught drinking in the stands?

but the club will find itself in trouble more than fans if the club is found to be letting fans drink in view of the pitch
i personally think its a stupid law but until its changed its one of the more serious 'crimes' you can commit at a football game

Au contraire Jonny

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57

As can clearly be seen under Section 2 Paragraph 1, this is an offence and can only be dealt with by the police. Therefore by definition, it is a police matter.

However, you are correct, it is a stupid law IMHO
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

Au contraire Jonny

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57

As can clearly be seen under Section 2 Paragraph 1, this is an offence and can only be dealt with by the police. Therefore by definition, it is a police matter.

However, you are correct, it is a stupid law IMHO
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

well in all time my time as a steward ive never seen police officers go nuts over people drinking in stands and have always left it to stewards to control
but if you i take your meaning then everything that happens in this country is a police matter
when i state its not a police matter i mean the police dont act on it
they will with relation to alcohol on public transport and coaches
but within the ground
its all left to stewards

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:59 pm

It would be murder if that was allowed IMO. The sitting issue is a problem which would be made much worse with people up down all the time going to the Bar and going for a piss. Besides my belief is you should give 100% to supporting the team. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Thomas
Great question as rugby fans can and they are a sport.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Thomas
Great question as rugby fans can and they are a sport.

As we are football fans, if we drink we are obviously going too cause a riot. Stereotyping at it's worst.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Agree with Nukes on this one.everyone back and for to the bar and going for a piss.I know the egg chasers do it but on internationals but the majority of them are only there for the beer and day out anyhow.plenty of time to have a beer before the game,half time,and after.and during under the stand.imo. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 pm

weza 65 wrote:Agree with Nukes on this one.everyone back and for to the bar and going for a piss.I know the egg chasers do it but on internationals but the majority of them are only there for the beer and day out anyhow.plenty of time to have a beer before the game,half time,and after.and during under the stand.imo. :ayatollah:

Cheers Weza but what really :? me is why any one wants to drink that Piss they serve up at the CCS