Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Football club owners rich list "

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:48 am

Before anyone starts, yes I know it's a wiki article that's editable BUT I don't care....it's just an interesting link!

The following link shows the estimated worth of football club owners of premiership and championship clubs. Cardiff's owners are right up there other than the super rich prem clubs. Get your fat Malaysian wallets out in January!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ ... lub_owners

Re: Football club owners rich list

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:55 am

why should they, they only own 49% of the club.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:03 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:why should they, they only own 49% of the club.

exactly my thoughts

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Because their 49% investment would be more financially rewarding in the Premier League?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Hows about you make loads of money then pump it all into real betis! It may make sense to you to become a billionaire and then pump loads of money into cardiff city but vincent tan didnt grow up on the bob bank, he's not even welsh, infact he's not even european so he has no affinity to the club like a fan would so why should blow loads of money to keep you and me happy?!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Mods do me a favour, remove all my comments in the original post, can't be arsed with this debate, only intended to post, what I thought, was an interesting link.....I won't bother next time

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Gavlar wrote:Mods do me a favour, remove all my comments in the original post, can't be arsed with this debate, only intended to post, what I thought, was an interesting link.....I won't bother next time

No you didn't cos your link finished with the conclusion "Get your fat malaysian wallets out in january"

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:28 pm

I wasn't intended to sound the way you've taken it I assure you. I'm fully aware you don't get a estimated worth of £800 million by throwing cash into the air. I made the comment off the cuff.
Mods just delete the thread entirely, don't feel like justifying my comments that I didn't intend to cause people to take issue with.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Gavlar wrote:I wasn't intended to sound the way you've taken it I assure you. I'm fully aware you don't get a estimated worth of £800 million by throwing cash into the air. I made the comment off the cuff.
Mods just delete the thread entirely, don't feel like justifying my comments that I didn't intend to cause people to take issue with.

Its a messageboard mate,we all got different opinions.my comment wasnt directly aimed at you,just my thoughts on the matter

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:37 pm

Yeah, no drama Bob, its just I'm a bit disappointed that a comment I stuck in the original post has taken the attention of what could have been a interesting thread.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Gavlar wrote:Mods do me a favour, remove all my comments in the original post, can't be arsed with this debate, only intended to post, what I thought, was an interesting link.....I won't bother next time

I'll stick up for you!

You make a good point. Investment in January means we stand a greater chance of the Premier League which hopefully leads to a nice pay day in May. They have good reason to invest in Jan and with the right players we can really push forward in the second half of the season.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:

I'll stick up for you!

You make a good point. Investment in January means we stand a greater chance of the Premier League which hopefully leads to a nice pay day in May. They have good reason to invest in Jan and with the right players we can really push forward in the second half of the season.

Agreed. If they are not bob bankers and have no affinity why bother investing and getting involved in the first place.

Promotion to the PL is the only way they will get a return on their investment.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Vincent Tan is certainly wealthy and shows up well on that list, second richest in the Championship is no mean feat. But when you look at Chelsea and Manchester City you realise how far behind he is in the wealth stakes.

BTW Deliha Smiths husband is a total wanker, why did he invest in Norwich City when he could come home to the Bluebirds?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 pm

I think its a very interesting link and am enjoying looking at it, thats why I made it a sticky. Your allowed your opinion like anyone else. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:56 pm

In regards to investment in January, it's got to be worth a shot for the Malaysians. They say promotion is worth around £50million at least, with that in mind spending a bit in January is surely worth doing from a business perspective.

I must say, I hate the pressure of the playoffs...but if ever I've seen a Cardiff team with the grit and determination to win the playoffs it's this one. All we need are a few fine tuning tweaks and a touch more strength in depth and we have a real shot at making it this season.

Re: " Football club owners rich list "

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Nobody has said gavlar cant have an opinion :?
I was engaging in a debate with him it wasnt a personal attack, i've only ever had a personal dig at one person on here

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:04 pm

Gavlar wrote:In regards to investment in January, it's got to be worth a shot for the Malaysians. They say promotion is worth around £50million at least, with that in mind spending a bit in January is surely worth doing from a business perspective.

I must say, I hate the pressure of the playoffs...but if ever I've seen a Cardiff team with the grit and determination to win the playoffs it's this one. All we need are a few fine tuning tweaks and a touch more strength in depth and we have a real shot at making it this season.

No ones taking this division by the scruff of the neck this season, the margins are as tight as ever, even for the championship, and I think the clubs who strengthen in January will end up with the rewards.

Cmon Malaysians, speculate to accumulate.!!!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:05 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:Nobody has said gavlar cant have an opinion :?
I was engaging in a debate with him it wasnt a personal attack, i've only ever had a personal dig at one person on here

I NEVER thought this was personal! As I said earlier just wanted to keep the thread on track, and not on my earlier comment.

Peace and love to all

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:17 pm

How does that work out arsenal being part owned by rangers. Admittedly only 2 percent . Just thought there was a law against it.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Vincent Tan is certainly wealthy and shows up well on that list, second richest in the Championship is no mean feat. But when you look at Chelsea and Manchester City you realise how far behind he is in the wealth stakes.

BTW Deliha Smiths husband is a total wanker, why did he invest in Norwich City when he could come home to the Bluebirds?

The mere mention of Delia Smith always reminds me if one of the most awkward moments in footballing history.....cringeworthy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_8JLkwzpd0

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Lets not kid our selves, the malaysians might only own 49% of our club, but they run the whole show.I am not their biggest fan,(wont go in to that again), but to be fair to them, if we cant make our monthly say out goings, they make up the short falls. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would like to see a few of the board. PMG, Paul Guy and Mike Hall I would like them to finally sell all their shares. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Noticed that Southampton has the richest owner so googled him (Markus Liebherr) funny thing is that he is dead. Looking at the premiership owners and Citys owners are on paper worth a few quid more than a lot of them, so they wouldnt be out of place.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:55 pm

Its wrong anyway?mel nurse is but 1 on the board,,thers allso martin Morgan who owns hotels and travel house, ther is the dutch guy who is a big name in Holland,and of course huw jenkings,who ain't as ritch,but has a few mill,,so that makes 4 guys who invest..so don't take that article to serious.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:19 pm

dont forget that thoses figures are,

1. estimates (people dont just tell the public how much they are worth!)

2. not the peoples cash reserves, it includes all assets tied up in business' property etc.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Davidreesevans wrote:dont forget that thoses figures are,

1. estimates (people dont just tell the public how much they are worth!)

2. not the peoples cash reserves, it includes all assets tied up in business' property etc.

100% Correct Dave. :ayatollah:

No one really knows the truth other than the actual person. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:08 pm

Rangers FC own a stake in Arsenal ? surely thats wrong
and with rangers financial crisis, why not sell some of the shares, they seem to be worth £135m

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:06 pm

Interesting topic all the same.I find statistics and tables usually are. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Interesting post. Just goes to show you dont need all the money in the world to be somewhat successful. Look at Barnsley for example. Their owner has an estimated £30m worth, And their mid-table in the 2nd tier.
As for us. With an estimated worth of £800m, theres no reason why they shouldn't fork out in January.
Also I would like someone to explain to me what would happen if Mike Hall, PMG etc.. sold their shares. Would the owners get more money from it or what?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:36 pm

looking at swansea, is mel nurse really worth £20mill?
i have his accounts at work and altho i know he has a few properties i thought he was pretty small time

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:09 am

ijs1985 wrote:looking at swansea, is mel nurse really worth £20mill?
i have his accounts at work and altho i know he has a few properties i thought he was pretty small time

Nowhere near 20 mill, property not worth that much now either. None of the jacks have a pot to piss in in all honesty. Be Interesting to see where they end up in a few yrs. Swanseamong69 u have surpassed yourself there with the spelling of the word 'rich'. I know there isn't much money in jackland but that takes the piss.