Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Khan v Peterson

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:30 am

aj1927 wrote:Facts and Figures.... If Khan hadnt of had a point taken off in the 12th the fight finishes a draw, If no points are deducted...Khan Wins the fight?... not my words Oscar dela Hoya.

Its Easy to say " Paki Muslim Glad he Got Beat he Is Shit etc etc.." but the truth is anyone who dedicates their lifestyle to pugilism deserves respect in my opinion, the sacrifices and discipline you must install into you life is hard enough let alone travelling to a part of a country that your opponent resides and everyone wanting you to fail, yet we sit at home and slate him for doing something we never could.

next weekend the highly promising Kell Brook makes his american debut in Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey against puerto rico's Luis Galarza on the undercard of Carl Froch who faces Andre Ward for the WBC, WBA, & vacant The Ring super middleweight titles.

So there are some more British Fighters you can slag off......

And please no one say the WELSH NOT BRITISH malarkey simply because wether you like it or not ( like any member of the Armed forces) they are represnting US!!

people disliking khan has absolutely nothing to do with his ethnic origin, if boxing fans dont like him then the words paki,muslim etc get branded about, nigel benn,naz,eubank,tyson,.lewis, all coloured or ethnic guys who had massive followings because they backed up their boasts, khan so far has not .I had 25 amateur bouts, i know my way around the ring but choose to not get excited about amir khan does that make me a racist?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:19 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
aj1927 wrote:Facts and Figures.... If Khan hadnt of had a point taken off in the 12th the fight finishes a draw, If no points are deducted...Khan Wins the fight?... not my words Oscar dela Hoya.

Its Easy to say " Paki Muslim Glad he Got Beat he Is Shit etc etc.." but the truth is anyone who dedicates their lifestyle to pugilism deserves respect in my opinion, the sacrifices and discipline you must install into you life is hard enough let alone travelling to a part of a country that your opponent resides and everyone wanting you to fail, yet we sit at home and slate him for doing something we never could.

next weekend the highly promising Kell Brook makes his american debut in Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey against puerto rico's Luis Galarza on the undercard of Carl Froch who faces Andre Ward for the WBC, WBA, & vacant The Ring super middleweight titles.

So there are some more British Fighters you can slag off......

And please no one say the WELSH NOT BRITISH malarkey simply because wether you like it or not ( like any member of the Armed forces) they are represnting US!!

people disliking khan has absolutely nothing to do with his ethnic origin, if boxing fans dont like him then the words paki,muslim etc get branded about, nigel benn,naz,eubank,tyson,.lewis, all coloured or ethnic guys who had massive followings because they backed up their boasts, khan so far has not .I had 25 amateur bouts, i know my way around the ring but choose to not get excited about amir khan does that make me a racist?

maybe not you personally but there are a lot of british clowns who dislike Khan because he is a musilm, and flys the pakistani flag so he had a point when he claimed what he did.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I just dont think people can warm to the lad for whatever reason, Naz had a huge following and was very much more in your face with his religion especially towards the end of his career
Khan came out and very much publicy criticised the"british public" for not shelling out hard earned money to follow him,he didnt say a "smaller minority" which of course exist who discrminate based on religion
His promoters and buisness advisors(still not sure what they do) realised it was a PR disaster and khan issued a feeble apology. Thats when he truly lost the british public and why he will never draw the PPV ratings which the likes of Benn,eubank,bruno(all black men) and ricky hatton did.
Its a shame beacuse hes an exciting fighter with sublime skills but unfortunately a lousy attitude

Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:56 pm

englishbluebird wrote:I just dont think people can warm to the lad for whatever reason, Naz had a huge following and was very much more in your face with his religion especially towards the end of his career
Khan came out and very much publicy criticised the"british public" for not shelling out hard earned money to follow him,he didnt say a "smaller minority" which of course exist who discrminate based on religion
His promoters and buisness advisors(still not sure what they do) realised it was a PR disaster and khan issued a feeble apology. Thats when he truly lost the british public and why he will never draw the PPV ratings which the likes of Benn,eubank,bruno(all black men) and ricky hatton did.
Its a shame beacuse hes an exciting fighter with sublime skills but unfortunately a lousy attitude

Naz was pre 9/11 and 7/7. Do you think Naz would get a bit of the Qur'an read by a ring announcer in America now? Doubt it very much.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:I just dont think people can warm to the lad for whatever reason, Naz had a huge following and was very much more in your face with his religion especially towards the end of his career

Naz was pre 9/11 and 7/7. Do you think Naz would get a bit of the Qur'an read by a ring announcer in America now? Doubt it very much.

Your probably right but naz never criticised the public and appreciated all his fans no matter what colour,nationality or race ,no twitter ouburts or conspiracy theories, he could be a world class prick of course and his driving offences were a disgrace. In my opinion Amir khans dislikability is not just down to religion

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:28 pm

I cant stand Khan I love seing him get beaten :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

milly44 wrote:I cant stand Khan I love seing him get beaten :ayatollah:

how dare you, you racist ;)

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:34 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
milly44 wrote:I cant stand Khan I love seing him get beaten :ayatollah:

how dare you, you racist ;)

:lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:52 pm

alot of people say he just fights bums maybe he's had too many stepping stone fighters, he's lost twice and has had some scares, he's an amazingly talented athletic fighter but he's not got the heart of a true champion

he's either good enough or he's not. he needs to fight mayweather now or never, no one wants to see a 36 yr old floyd past his best more concerned into his gambling than the boxing

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 am

I have nothing against Khan and i wanted him to win. But he got beaten in in my opinion he got beat fair and square

Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:59 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:alot of people say he just fights bums maybe he's had too many stepping stone fighters, he's lost twice and has had some scares, he's an amazingly talented athletic fighter but he's not got the heart of a true champion

he's either good enough or he's not. he needs to fight mayweather now or never, no one wants to see a 36 yr old floyd past his best more concerned into his gambling than the boxing

He hasnt earned the right to fight Mayweather now though.

Personally I thought it was a diabloic decision to knock two points off for pushing when the guy is just charging in head down but then Khan didnt follow the gameplan and went all macho to prove hes not chinny.

Hes already proved that against midana (sp) so a bit silly of IMO, and showed inexperience.

Still think he done the cleaner work and deserved to win the fight though.