Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:17 am

Khan loses in 12th round :(

Re: Khan v Peterson

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:22 am

i thought he deserved to lose to be honest

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:29 am

jinks-rct wrote:i thought he deserved to lose to be honest

He didn't show him enough respect. Lamot thought out of his shell. Re match Vegas will be different khan boxed well under par speed was to slow needed to stop pushing his head down and get of the ropes. Best seen Peterson this one both were tired lamot dragged everything from the floor to win - heart and determination won fight for him

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 am

Correction he lost over 12 rounds. Well done LP and well done Referee/ 2 of the Judges.

Bad notes : Khan hurt by a fighter not noted for his punching power. Sky continue to give johnny Nelson air time.

Vegas Rematch and Amir and Freddy will get tactics correct and blow Lamont Peterson away.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:32 am

Didnt see the fight but I hate Khan. He's fought nobodies to get where he is and when he comes against anyone decent he looks average.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:47 am

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Didnt see the fight but I hate Khan. He's fought nobodies to get where he is and when he comes against anyone decent he looks average.

he should have had a rematch with prescott after his loss but didnt even consider it

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:37 am

Last nights performance resembled that of a fighter who had not respected his current opponent enough, and had been blinded by the prospect of what awaited him after the fight.
On one part twit Nelson on sky sports was correct by saying this was Amirs worst performance but this was down to his inablility to adjust to petersons tactical switch after the 2nd round.
His head wasn't in the fight at all and I though he was going to get knocked out at one point.
As for the officials (ref) inexperience was evident but his calls were correct towards Amirs actions although he did miss several lunges with head and elbows by Lamont, but Amir was given so many warnings to warrant both point deductions. As for the judges 113-112 is what I had it as and two judges agreed, but what on gods green earth made the 2nd judge score the fight 115-110 in Khans favour( governing bodies should make him explain his scorecard)
Overall outcome is a defeat but not a overly damaging defeat,Yes it will set back the headlines at 147lbs for Amir but it showed that their is still room for improvement for a young fighter still no where near his peak or prime.
On a personal not I was delighted with the result having placed a fiver on Peterson @ 9/1 several weeks ago.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 am

aj1927 wrote:Last nights performance resembled that of a fighter who had not respected his current opponent enough, and had been blinded by the prospect of what awaited him after the fight.
On one part twit Nelson on sky sports was correct by saying this was Amirs worst performance but this was down to his inablility to adjust to petersons tactical switch after the 2nd round.
His head wasn't in the fight at all and I though he was going to get knocked out at one point.
As for the officials (ref) inexperience was evident but his calls were correct towards Amirs actions although he did miss several lunges with head and elbows by Lamont, but Amir was given so many warnings to warrant both point deductions. As for the judges 113-112 is what I had it as and two judges agreed, but what on gods green earth made the 2nd judge score the fight 115-110 in Khans favour( governing bodies should make him explain his scorecard)
Overall outcome is a defeat but not a overly damaging defeat,Yes it will set back the headlines at 147lbs for Amir but it showed that their is still room for improvement for a young fighter still no where near his peak or prime.
On a personal not I was delighted with the result having placed a fiver on Peterson @ 9/1 several weeks ago.

correction 114-111 :D :ayatollah:
Fairplay to the new champion he bullied khan at times

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:14 am

hometown decision. ref was poor.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:01 pm

cant say im dissapointed fella's :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 pm

mallo wrote:Khan loses in 12th round :(

:shock: :shock:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

get over the khan hype he's not good enough against the best fighters out there hes crap. hes been caught in his last few fights and lastnight got caught a few times in most rounds by a boxer not known for his punch.
overated hes crying for a rematch pity he didnt have a rematch against prescott?
khan will get hurt one day against a big puncher

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:33 pm

Absolute belter of a fight. That was the best fight I have seen for ages. But Khan was pushing from the start because he could not handle Petersons tactics. The Ref warned him countless times then got a point taken off him. He then continued to push and suffered a second point loss. The Ref was inexperienced but I thought he handled the fight superbly and in the end he deserved to loose. I think Khan will win a rematch and credit to Paterson for agreeing to that.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Headline changes from Brit hero retains titles to Muslim of Pakistani origin loses to Peterson.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:05 pm

im loving it, i watch alot of boxing, so knew a little bit about peterson, and knew he is a fighter, no matter how much of a beating he will just come back for more

i said so far this year......kessler will beat froch (i think it was this year)
i have said wladimir will beat haye.
vitali would beat soladis within 3/4 rounds

all right.........im now going to put a bet on ward to beat froch

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:29 pm

bluebird04 wrote:im loving it, i watch alot of boxing, so knew a little bit about peterson, and knew he is a fighter, no matter how much of a beating he will just come back for more

i said so far this year......kessler will beat froch (i think it was this year)
i have said wladimir will beat haye.
vitali would beat soladis within 3/4 rounds

all right.........im now going to put a bet on ward to beat froch

All the predictions you made were for the favourites in all those fights. froch v kessler was a belter mind. Imo ward has all the potential to totally box froch's head off.what type of odds do you think you will get on ward.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:19 pm

maccydee wrote:Headline changes from Brit hero retains titles to Muslim of Pakistani origin loses to Peterson.

Brit hero :? he's not good enough and when he fights hungry fighters instead of washed up fighters with their best days behind them he will lose. Brit hero my arse he needs to fight a few top world class fighters first

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:30 pm

wanted kahn to get beat ever since he came out claiming the british public were racist for not getting behind him-what a load of bollocks,
peterson thoroughly deserved it,him and his brother had a horrific upbringing and hes got were he is today by showing tremendous heart and courage.Will get a big payday for the kahn rematch and rightly so.

i thought the ref was fair,you simply cannot push an opponent and continuously foul like that

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:34 pm

englishbluebird wrote:wanted kahn to get beat ever since he came out claiming the british public were racist for not getting behind him-what a load of bollocks,
peterson thoroughly deserved it,him and his brother had a horrific upbringing and hes got were he is today by showing tremendous heart and courage.Will get a big payday for the kahn rematch and rightly so.

i thought the ref was fair,you simply cannot push an opponent and continuously foul like that

The venue was utter shit 80% of those there would not of been able to see. Embarrassing :oops:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
englishbluebird wrote:wanted kahn to get beat ever since he came out claiming the british public were racist for not getting behind him-what a load of bollocks,

The venue was utter shit 80% of those there would not of been able to see. Embarrassing :oops:

rematch will be in vegas,golden boy promotions will play up hell de la hoya was fuming

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

englishbluebird wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

rematch will be in vegas,golden boy promotions will play up hell de la hoya was fuming

Why ? Besides if its Golden Boy it will be pay per view. So it will be streaming for me :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:53 pm

Facts and Figures.... If Khan hadnt of had a point taken off in the 12th the fight finishes a draw, If no points are deducted...Khan Wins the fight?... not my words Oscar dela Hoya.

Its Easy to say " Paki Muslim Glad he Got Beat he Is Shit etc etc.." but the truth is anyone who dedicates their lifestyle to pugilism deserves respect in my opinion, the sacrifices and discipline you must install into you life is hard enough let alone travelling to a part of a country that your opponent resides and everyone wanting you to fail, yet we sit at home and slate him for doing something we never could.

next weekend the highly promising Kell Brook makes his american debut in Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey against puerto rico's Luis Galarza on the undercard of Carl Froch who faces Andre Ward for the WBC, WBA, & vacant The Ring super middleweight titles.

So there are some more British Fighters you can slag off......

And please no one say the WELSH NOT BRITISH malarkey simply because wether you like it or not ( like any member of the Armed forces) they are represnting US!!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:00 pm

But that would be like saying if a player had not deservedly been sent off the team would of one. Khan had 2 points deducted from him and they were deserved as well. How many more warnings did he need. Boxing isnt a pushing contest :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:But that would be like saying if a player had not deservedly been sent off the team would of one. Khan had 2 points deducted from him and they were deserved as well. How many more warnings did he need. Boxing isnt a pushing contest :lol:

NUKES I AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING 110%

Facts and Figures.... If Khan hadnt of had a point taken off in the 12th the fight finishes a draw, If no points are deducted...Khan Wins the fight?... not my words OSCAR DE LA HOYA'S

IF NO POINTS HAD BE DEDUCTED KHAN WOULD'VE WON ACCORDING TO JUDGES SCORING..THAT WOULDVE BEEN A BIGGER CONTROVERSY THAN POINTS ACTUALLY DESERVEDLY BEING DEDUCTED.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 pm

aj1927 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:But that would be like saying if a player had not deservedly been sent off the team would of one. Khan had 2 points deducted from him and they were deserved as well. How many more warnings did he need. Boxing isnt a pushing contest :lol:

NUKES I AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING 110%

Facts and Figures.... If Khan hadnt of had a point taken off in the 12th the fight finishes a draw, If no points are deducted...Khan Wins the fight?... not my words OSCAR DE LA HOYA'S

IF NO POINTS HAD BE DEDUCTED KHAN WOULD'VE WON ACCORDING TO JUDGES SCORING..THAT WOULDVE BEEN A BIGGER CONTROVERSY THAN POINTS ACTUALLY DESERVEDLY BEING DEDUCTED.

Having a bit of a pop at la hoya TBH Chief. Those facts mean feck all as he lost. Khan lost it not so much Peterson won it :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:05 am

When the going gets tough and you have to dig deep I don't think Khan has the bottle other top boxers do. Just my opinion.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:30 am

Magners wrote:When the going gets tough and you have to dig deep I don't think Khan has the bottle other top boxers do. Just my opinion.

hes happy showing off with his hand speed but when the going gets tough and he has to mix it he doesnt have the guts..
i support all british boxers even cock face froch but that peterson deserved it :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:03 am

Don't think we've heard the last of this as Golden Boy are now saying they were told Khan had won the fight by the judges and when the Ref heard this he ordered a re-count and they think some of the scorecards were altered as the recount took 10mins, only takes 30 secs to add up 12 rounds. Petersen was leading with his head and can see why khan was pushing, but he should have adapted better and used his footspeed to avoid it not push him......saying that, there is a reason why no title fights have been held in Washington for 20 years! and why Peterson, without question offered Khan an immediate re-match early next year. Boxing is a corrupt a sport as you'll find, i think it's reared its ugly head again :evil:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:04 am

CraigCCFC wrote:Don't think we've heard the last of this as Golden Boy are now saying they were told Khan had won the fight by the judges and when the Ref heard this he ordered a re-count and they think some of the scorecards were altered as the recount took 10mins, only takes 30 secs to add up 12 rounds. Petersen was leading with his head and can see why khan was pushing, but he should have adapted better and used his footspeed to avoid it not push him......saying that, there is a reason why no title fights have been held in Washington for 20 years! and why Peterson, without question offered Khan an immediate re-match early next year. Boxing is a corrupt a sport as you'll find, i think it's reared its ugly head again :evil:

ive never seen a decision in a world title fight given in 30 secs to be honest

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:19 am

jinks-rct wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Don't think we've heard the last of this as Golden Boy are now saying they were told Khan had won the fight by the judges and when the Ref heard this he ordered a re-count and they think some of the scorecards were altered as the recount took 10mins, only takes 30 secs to add up 12 rounds. Petersen was leading with his head and can see why khan was pushing, but he should have adapted better and used his footspeed to avoid it not push him......saying that, there is a reason why no title fights have been held in Washington for 20 years! and why Peterson, without question offered Khan an immediate re-match early next year. Boxing is a corrupt a sport as you'll find, i think it's reared its ugly head again :evil:

ive never seen a decision in a world title fight given in 30 secs to be honest

the whole decision doesnt take 30 secs, a recount shouldnt take an extra 10mins, on top of the 10mins they waited previously, what was the ref doing interfering in the scoring process and how did one judge get it so different from other 2??? i actually felt Petersen didnt do enough to win the titles off Khan, but equally Khan was awful that night, took his eye of the game like he did against prrescott, another wake up call for the young lad, he will bounce back though.