Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dont get me wrong

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:30 am

I think Malky's a brilliant manager and i agree with most of his decisions and opinions, BUT i don't agree with him that miller is good enough to be playing week in week out to be playing upfront by himself, don't get me wrong the midfield is awesome i just feel that we need a better striker.

Re: Dont get me wrong

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:39 am

who would you suggest we get then?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:41 am

Bluebird_Kris wrote:I think Malky's a brilliant manager and i agree with most of his decisions and opinions, BUT i don't agree with him that miller is good enough to be playing week in week out to be playing upfront by himself, don't get me wrong the midfield is awesome i just feel that we need a better striker.

thats why malkys a manager of a championship side and you aint :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:43 am

jinks-rct wrote:
Bluebird_Kris wrote:I think Malky's a brilliant manager and i agree with most of his decisions and opinions, BUT i don't agree with him that miller is good enough to be playing week in week out to be playing upfront by himself, don't get me wrong the midfield is awesome i just feel that we need a better striker.

thats why malkys a manager of a championship side and you aint :lol:

Bollocks i'm top of the premiership with Cardiff on FM 12 :D Well at the moment no one in mind but surely there must be better?!!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:46 am

well once you know a player who is better at playing the lone role and you have a few million to chuck malkys way, let us know.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:50 am

ccfclover wrote:well once you know a player who is better at playing the lone role and you have a few million to chuck malkys way, let us know.

Will do, oh actually we should try and get Chris Wood on loan, i reckon with our above average forecast we should try and buy him out of his contract!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:22 am

I am very concerned about how few goals we are scoring,perhaps one of you on here will be able to tell me how many times we have scored more than 2 goals in a game,now i know our defensive record is second to none but i do think if we are to maintain our push for promotion we really must score more goals than we are currently doing

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 am

angelis49 wrote:I am very concerned about how few goals we are scoring,perhaps one of you on here will be able to tell me how many times we have scored more than 2 goals in a game,now i know our defensive record is second to none but i do think if we are to maintain our push for promotion we really must score more goals than we are currently doing

The teams below us would all be wishing they werent conceding so many
though. And we are 5th highest goalscorers. I'd like to see us scoring more
freely but a 1-0 win is better than a 4-4 draw

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 am

taffyapple wrote:
angelis49 wrote:I am very concerned about how few goals we are scoring,perhaps one of you on here will be able to tell me how many times we have scored more than 2 goals in a game,now i know our defensive record is second to none but i do think if we are to maintain our push for promotion we really must score more goals than we are currently doing

The teams below us would all be wishing they werent conceding so many
though. And we are 5th highest goalscorers. I'd like to see us scoring more
freely but a 1-0 win is better than a 4-4 draw

If we go 2 up front will we sacrifice our defence record?

The fear I have is that teams are now studying and working us out. Yesterday I felt Millwall concentrated on slamming the back door into us on our lone striker. They did that by allowing our midfielders to adapt the attacking mode then hit us hard near their own penalty area. This nearly worked for them their best chance came from a breakaway.

We had lots of possession in their half with our midfield having a free play but that is all we had. Our only efforts on goal were from distance. In the second half Millwall for a period gave it a go but that exposed them at the back. We then had our best chance in that period and Millwall soon after reverted back to their original game plan of trying to catch us on the break which they nearly did at the end.

Millwall played like an away team yesterday and it nearly worked for them. we could have gambled and gone 2 up front but we were the actualy away team and a point away is good, especially at a place like Millwall where not many teams have come away with a victory there.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 am

I sort of agree as we will get sussed out and we will need to change things.
We need another striker/midfield/winger at least to strengthen our defence. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:

We need another striker/midfield/winger at least to strengthen our defence. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

A really pacy winger!!! That might well be the answer. I like Conway but
he doesnt have blistering pace!! A different, more direct winger would
be like an extra striker and would take pressure off Miller, who could
get in the box more

I should be manager :? :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:52 am

Chris wood is not capable of playing on his own up front. at our level kenny is the best at doing it. i wouldn't bother changing to two up front either as kenny is less effective then. why fix something when its not broken?!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:41 am

Everyones entitled to their opinion but I'm happy. We've just had 4 clean sheets in a row and we are the 5th highest goal scorers in the league! Kenny is scoring in all the big games for us and works his socks off. With Rudy back we now have another great option to mix things up as well! I do agree though that I would like us to bring in a pacy, tricky, creative winger but obviously these don't grow on trees! Jimmy Kebe would fit the bill but I really cant see us getting him!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:02 am

I thought our problem, if there was one yesterday, was that the real lack of depth in our squad was shown up because of the loss of Gunnarson and Kiss obviously wasn't fully fit and had to play. Joe Ralls is looking an absolute gem in the making but we shouldn't be asking the kid to start games at this stage. I really believe that if MM had a choice he would keep Joe until the last 15 minutes of games if we are wining comfortably. Not having a go at Joe Ralls here but in my opinion he played yesterday because of a lack of experienced cover in the squad.

When you add to that Millwall decided to manmark Whittingham at the cost of one of their forwards we were always going to be in for a hard afternoon.

I'm concinced MM will make a move in the transfer window to bring more experienced players in, be it on loan or permanent signings but I don't think they will be X Factor signings. But we shouldn't see that as a lack of support it's just another brick in the building blocks of developing our squad.

As for Kenny Miller he has been playing the lone striker role for years so I believe he is more than up to the challenge. Will he stay fit? well thats another question altogether. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:10 am

We have scored more goals at home than anybody in the division bar Southampton and Peterborough.

We are joint 5th highest scorers away from home in the entire division.

We are 3rd in the League and Miller is scoring some important goals for us.

Furthermore, for the first time in ages, our goals are coming from accross the park with everybody chipping in with goals from the Midfield to the Defence.

For the first time in ages we are not relying on one sole person to score 20-30 goals ie, Whitts, Chops, Ross, Jay.

How anyone can sugest that playing Millar up top on his own is the wrong decision totaly baffles me, I guess its your opinion, but given the stats I dont agree with you at all.

Only 7 teams have conceded less than us at home

and only 5 teams have conceded less than us away from home.

We are doing brilliantly, Malky has the tactics bang on the money in my opinion and Miller is a class act who is doing well in the formation

:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:24 am

Bluebird Kris - stop.

Miller has 2 in 3 games.\

You suggested Chris Wood, oh dear me,please make some researcgh, he already is on loan to Birmingham from West Brom, doh!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:59 am

Miller has made a career for himself at domestic & international level by playing up front himself so I struggle to see how after a 0-0 draw at Millwall that he is all of a sudden not good enough!?!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:36 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A really pacy winger!!! That might well be the answer. I like Conway but
he doesnt have blistering pace!! A different, more direct winger would
be like an extra striker and would take pressure off Miller, who could
get in the box more

I should be manager :? :lol:

:lol:

I agree, a really pacy winger.
Miller is class, but we cant rely on MIller week in week out. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:57 pm

CCFC 24 wrote:Bluebird Kris - stop.

Miller has 2 in 3 games.\

You suggested Chris Wood, oh dear me,please make some researcgh, he already is on loan to Birmingham from West Brom, doh!

Haha I realised that after I posted it, but I do think he would play the role well.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:03 pm

Forest is the best example when we needed Gestede.
Miller got creamed that game, no offence :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:07 pm

chris wood from w.b.a ?the lad on loan at blues?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:37 pm

i follow blues,s/t holder.chris wood dosn,t/can,t play up front on his own.still raw but puts it in.hasn,t scored for a while .miller has played on his own up front against world class teams for the scots.at this level miller is about as good as it gets for a one man frontline.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:17 am

Also would of won if we had Gestede against Coventry because listening on the radio we put in a lot of crosses but no one was getting on to them! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 am

Last season after 21 games: 35 goals scored 22 goals conceded 37 points.

This season after 21 games: 34 goals scored 22 goals conceded 38 points.

Bit of a silly argument, unless you think we weren't scoring enough last year.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 am

I can't add anything to this thread because from my perspective I can't see any problem whatsoever with Kenny Miller's contribution to the side.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 am

RFMH wrote:

Last season after 21 games: 35 goals scored 22 goals conceded 37 points.

This season after 21 games: 34 goals scored 22 goals conceded 38 points.

Bit of a silly argument, unless you think we weren't scoring enough last year.

:lol:

Beat me to it.

The only difference between last season and now is that we are getting tighter and tighter
at the back as each game goes by. We will get a lot more points second half of the season
than we did last term

We may have been more exciting to watch because we looked great on the break with Bellers
tearing down the wing, Burke jinking down the wing, Bothroyd charging into the box...
exploiting holes left by the adventurous opposition full-backs etc etc

Its impossible to play that style of football with teams camped in front of their back four

Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

I dont think its a case of replacing Miller he has been top class in that lone striker role, its more of a case of getting support to him quicker.

Been saying Conway out wide isnt the answer for months and now others are jumping on the bandwagon having claimed he was the best winger in the division not so long back. :lol:

Would prefer to see us adopt more of a 4-3-2-1, at home, with Conway dropped out at the expense of Mason, who usually changes the game when he comes on, and we look more of a threat.

We certainly need more creative options, thats for sure.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:41 pm

polo wrote:I dont think its a case of replacing Miller he has been top class in that lone striker role, its more of a case of getting support to him quicker.

Been saying Conway out wide isnt the answer for months and now others are jumping on the bandwagon having claimed he was the best winger in the division not so long back. :lol:

Would prefer to see us adopt more of a 4-3-2-1, at home, with Conway dropped out at the expense of Mason, who usually changes the game when he comes on, and we look more of a threat.

We certainly need more creative options, thats for sure.

in my opinion it would be impossible to do that at the moment with kev at full back. he and taylor would give us our only width and kev just isnt able to deliver a final ball