Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did Millwall fans chant 'Where's your Speed gone?'

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:24 pm

I have just been informed on Facebook by someone who went to the game that this was sung by Millwall fans. So to anyone who went to the game is this rumour true, or does it immediately need to be put to bed !

Re: Did Millwall fans chant 'Where's your Speed gone?'

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm afraid its true.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Someone better complain. I never go to Millwall games due to hooliganism and these things but this has gone too far! :twisted: :twisted:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:31 pm

arseholes thats all they are :evil:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:40 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:I have just been informed on Facebook by someone who went to the game that this was sung by Millwall fans. So to anyone who went to the game is this rumour true, or does it immediately need to be put to bed !

did we expect any different???

they will always be a stinking club for chavsville.... shit place, shit crowds, shit ground, shit hole... wouldnt live there for the eurolottery winnings!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:05 pm

and numerous suicide chants, and hanging gestures also a pathetic little banner saying jump!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:14 pm

bozzer64 wrote:arseholes thats all they are :evil:

...And they wonder and sing that "No one likes them" :twisted:

The only good thing that has come from Millwall in the last few years is Steve Morrison,and he was bought from another club.

Time for these idiots to stop living in the 70's ( IMO ) :(

Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:57 pm

Boys its millmall, they want to wind us up, an as far as things hav come itl never be calm in the den, I bet if it was one of theirs that died 5 years ago the same treatment wouldv hapnd

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:15 am

RIP Gary Speed, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Millwall fans are classless cretins. We had the same s.hit about our dead from them years ago down at the Den (or whatever it's called now). They're moronic neanderthals seeking attention.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:36 am

In all fairness lads, and as much as I was cut up about Speed's passing, would we have done the same thing?

The chants we used to sing in the Grange End was pretty out there looking back. Yorkshire Ripper, Shipman And Istanbul and all that!

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:22 am

just never forget that when it comes to a good old fashioned
toe-to-toe we smash f**k out of the cockney cunts, they dont
like that

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 am

YNWA Gary Speed wrote:RIP Gary Speed, You'll Never Walk Alone.

Millwall fans are classless cretins. We had the same s.hit about our dead from them years ago down at the Den (or whatever it's called now). They're moronic neanderthals seeking attention.

istanbul, yorkshire ripper, harold shipman, fred west, gas a jack, bobby moore, queen mother,

weve plenty of our own classless cretins so lets not make out this is exclusive to 'wall.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 am

polo wrote:

istanbul, yorkshire ripper, harold shipman, fred west, gas a jack, bobby moore, queen mother,

weve plenty of our own classless cretins so lets not make out this is exclusive to 'wall.

Exactly, its not nice at all but lets not get on our high horse. Guessing that this YNWA fella is a scouser it would be interesting to know what he feels about Munich chants.

Whilst I think these Millwall kids singing it are knobs I would never tar all Millwall with the same brush.

After all, I have been stood in Block A whilst the whole stand, grown men, sang Istanbull to Leeds fans at Ninian Park.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:23 am

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
polo wrote:

Exactly, its not nice at all but lets not get on our high horse. Guessing that this YNWA fella is a scouser it would be interesting to know what he feels about Munich chants.

Whilst I think these Millwall kids singing it are knobs I would never tar all Millwall with the same brush.

After all, I have been stood in Block A whilst the whole stand, grown men, sang Istanbull to Leeds fans at Ninian Park.

Not condoning any such action. However over time tragic incidents are used to lighten up situations. How many jokes have you heard about 9/11, Diana and other disasterous events over the decades?

The real issue here is that Speedgate is still fresh and the time to lighten up is well off. To mock when a family is still in mourning is not acceptable.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
polo wrote:

Not condoning any such action. However over time tragic incidents are used to lighten up situations. How many jokes have you heard about 9/11, Diana and other disasterous events over the decades?

The real issue here is that Speedgate is still fresh and the time to lighten up is well off. To mock when a family is still in mourning is not acceptable.

I agree it is totaly unacetable.

Just making the point that it is not unique to Wall and for that YNWA chap to brand, Millwall fans cretins in a terrible sweeping generalisation.

The Queen Mother was days, maybe a week dead when Cardiff fans boo'd the Minutes Silence and sang unsavoury songs about her, lets not forget.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:06 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Bellamys barmy army wrote:I have just been informed on Facebook by someone who went to the game that this was sung by Millwall fans. So to anyone who went to the game is this rumour true, or does it immediately need to be put to bed !

they will always be a stinking club for chavsville.... shit place, shit crowds, shit ground, shit hole... wouldnt live there for the eurolottery winnings!

We have done it about Dodi Al Fayed, various Istanbul chants, Queen Mother during minutes silence so let those in glass houses and all that. You can't have a go at a whole club for a brainless minority. We have our own and hate it when the club gets the stick for it.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
polo wrote:

We sang about Dodi Al Fayed at Fulham when Mohammed was there. That was actually mocking a family.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 pm

youth of uk today have no repects i think you need to return to national servises for these little sheets coming through

Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:52 pm

i remember playing slough away many moons ago.
there were chelsea fans in their stand and cardiff fans were singing matthew harding songs, about 2 weeks after he died.
then they started singing aberfan songs.
and it kicked off. knobs

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:13 pm

I went yesterday and every time i go there the deprevation,slummy surroundings,the obvious signs of no future,is there any reason why we would expect any different responses.DUMP.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:39 pm

sid wrote:youth of uk today have no repects i think you need to return to national servises for these little sheets coming through

Not all youth have no respects. A few of my mates had respect for Speed and understood the scenario from my point of view. Even a West Ham fan wishes Cardiff to do well and did the ayatollah. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:34 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

Because Blackwood is paradise on earth :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:13 pm

I have said it before glass houses and all that. Tasteless jokes are told day in day out but then you can't start cpmpaiing when one hits home. The same as the songs and chants , Harold Shipman song for one and that was sung soon after it happened. The Queen mother, the majority of you will be openly mocking Thatchers death when she meets her maker. Life is a bummer but it's life, but we are no better never have been and never will be. Those that are up in arms now will be mocking Thatchers death or even the Queen. So I will be honest here don't be so sensitive and don't get on the moral high horse and honestly say you have never sung the Shipman, Alan Davies, Mathew Harding, booed the Queen mothers minute silence, The Munich song or the Yorkshire Ripper songs ? If you can put your hand on your heart and say you have not and will not mock in the future then you have a right to moan. Lecture over :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I have said it before glass houses and all that. Tasteless jokes are told day in day out but then you can't start cpmpaiing when one hits home. The same as the songs and chants , Harold Shipman song for one and that was sung soon after it happened. The Queen mother, the majority of you will be openly mocking Thatchers death when she meets her maker. Life is a bummer but it's life, but we are no better never have been and never will be. Those that are up in arms now will be mocking Thatchers death or even the Queen. So I will be honest here don't be so sensitive and don't get on the moral high horse and honestly say you have never sung the Shipman, Alan Davies, Mathew Harding, booed the Queen mothers minute silence, The Munich song or the Yorkshire Ripper songs ? If you can put your hand on your heart and say you have not and will not mock in the future then you have a right to moan. Lecture over :lol:

fully agree, just rise above it or chant back

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I have said it before glass houses and all that. Tasteless jokes are told day in day out but then you can't start cpmpaiing when one hits home. The same as the songs and chants , Harold Shipman song for one and that was sung soon after it happened. The Queen mother, the majority of you will be openly mocking Thatchers death when she meets her maker. Life is a bummer but it's life, but we are no better never have been and never will be. Those that are up in arms now will be mocking Thatchers death or even the Queen. So I will be honest here don't be so sensitive and don't get on the moral high horse and honestly say you have never sung the Shipman, Alan Davies, Mathew Harding, booed the Queen mothers minute silence, The Munich song or the Yorkshire Ripper songs ? If you can put your hand on your heart and say you have not and will not mock in the future then you have a right to moan. Lecture over :lol:

the big diference here is gary was buried the day before, :( :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:32 pm

krabb wrote:

the big diference here is gary was buried the day before, :( :ayatollah:

Thats exactly what I was tring to explain.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:47 pm

Would it be OK then Chaps if they do it in say 1 Months time ?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Would it be OK then Chaps if they do it in say 1 Months time ?

Not really Steve.

However its the human instinct to use such events for its own entertainment. How many Diana or 9/11 jokes have you heard. As one comedian said "Comedy is trajedy plus time".

Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Would it be OK then Chaps if they do it in say 1 Months time ?

Not really Steve.

However its the human instinct to use such events for its own entertainment. How many Diana or 9/11 jokes have you heard. As one comedian said "Comedy is trajedy plus time".

Exactly. Unfortunately that is Banter, sick banter but i would be a Hypocrite if i condemned them

Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:08 am

Still don't hear many 9/11 jokes over here mates......