Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ways to increase atmosphere in The CCS!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Here is some ideas to create some atmosphere in the CCS and make it more intimidating.

We should all boo and whistle while the other team have the ball to make them feel nervous and it puts pressure on them before they string a attack or when they are attcking.

The canton should be like the Kop with all the banners and flags it looks amazing, we should all have a scarf aswell so when were chanting we can either hold it up or swing it around which also looks great.

And we also should have a drum i think it sounds really good while your chanting and starts off a great atmosphere all around the ground i think blue ballons and with blue confetti it would look class.

Here is a 3 videoes of what i would like the CCS to look like in the Future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SArLJdrVF_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=makLoWvLtMQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE_V9Sl8 ... re=related :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Ways to increase atmosphere in The CCS!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:14 pm

I never usually take a scarf to a game, but i'm going to start now. I think the scarf thing would work best for 'I'll Be There' and 'greatest team in football the world has ever seen!' when everyone with a scarf holds them up, and everone without them does the clapping.
I'm going to make a request: I know that we're not really a scarf club, but if you've got a City scarf, or just a blue scarf, bring it to the 'Boro game. Lets hold them up when the team comes out, and when we're singing more passionate songs.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:19 pm

anyone comes next to me with a drum, its going up their ass

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:25 pm

On the subject of the drums. I only think its a good idea if we have the Barry Horns between the Ninian and Canton. They usually get the songs going for the Welsh games. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:28 pm

Drums and horns have been done to death by other clubs (also half of Barry Horns are Jacks :shock: )

So why not do the Welsh thing and have Harps? 8-)

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:35 pm

CantonJack wrote:On the subject of the drums. I only think its a good idea if we have the Barry Horns between the Ninian and Canton. They usually get the songs going for the Welsh games. :ayatollah:

No between the grandstand and canton

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:anyone comes next to me with a drum, its going up their ass

agree :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Seriously guys, this is not going to be rectified by scarfs/flags/etc.

This is about acoustics. FACT! Everyone and his dog knows that one stand cannot hear the other. A few strategically placed sound boards (worked out by experts in acoustics after tests etc) will get the place bouncing. Acoustics were not taken into account when the stadium was built.
Trust me, if you can't get 5/6,000 people heard from less than 100 meters away, acoustically there is a solution.

Get the experts in...FFS!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:47 pm

SBF1 wrote:Seriously guys, this is not going to be rectified by scarfs/flags/etc.

This is about acoustics. FACT! Everyone and his dog knows that one stand cannot hear the other. A few strategically placed sound boards (worked out by experts in acoustics after tests etc) will get the place bouncing. Acoustics were not taken into account when the stadium was built.
Trust me, if you can't get 5/6,000 people heard from less than 100 meters away, acoustically there is a solution.

Just like to add, this will come at a cost, so maybe it will not happen. :( :( :(

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:47 pm

SBF1 wrote:Seriously guys, this is not going to be rectified by scarfs/flags/etc.

If only the club would listen.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:49 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

If only the club would listen.

Maybe someone can give them the heads up? Perhaps they don't realise there is a simple solution. :(

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:57 pm

There have been numerous instances of games, halves, where the sound has been great. FACT.

The bulk of the time, quiet. FACT.

Acoustics have f*** all to do with it. FACT.

The fault doesn't lie with the stadium. Or maybe acoustics accounted for the fact Ninian was a morgue most of the time? Nah, got to be the stadiums fault. Not fan apathy.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Acoustics will obviously play a small part, but WE can still improve the atmosphere. If the people in the Ninian start to actually do something maybe it will improve. If we get through to the club that 104, 107, 117 & 118 should be allowed to stand, then the atmosphere would surely go through the roof. We in the Canton have proved that standing is not dangerous, and a lot of noise can be generated when your allowed to stand. But surely we can still try the scarf idea mentioned above.
Or to the people near the back of 104 & 107, why dont you stand up and sing?
Perhaps we could get the :ayatollah: going again? I think I heard it on the radio commentary at Millwall earlier

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 pm

Have an all women's fans day they never seem to be able to keep their mouths shut. Nag, nag, nag nag nag, nag nag nag nag, nag, nag.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 pm

I think speakers diected at the canton would be good thats what they do at stoke?? :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Try to copy the fans at the El Clásico game. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: