Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Run Into Fellow City Fans In Unusual Places?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:03 pm

few things, when i was in school , 15 years old, we went to holland on a trip, and i wore my cardiff city shirt, and because of the soul crew, they had all heard of cardiff and loved us, so i was the only one on the trip never ID'd for alcohol, and every night at the hotel bar, they gave me a free pint, and when ever a teacher came down the bar manager said, it was his, and he just left it infront of me.

and in turkey 3/4 years ago, i was in the pool with my cardiff towel, and some big guy come up to me......YOU A KAARDIIIF BOY....i was like shitting myself , yea i am.....IM FROM KAIIIIIIRDIFF, TIGER fuckin BAY.....

2 nights later, at a bar, the female bartender kept bringing me pints over all night, i was confused, thinking oooh she got a thing for me, but apprently, a large group of cardiff fans where there, clocked me in my cardiff top, and they kept sending over drinks to me, however i didnt know this at the time, and stupidly said the to female bartender, look darling, you dont have to keep sending me drinks all night to get my attention, sadly, she got upset, and told her big german boyfriend who all night starred at me, so i joined the group of city fans

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:42 pm

just back from holiday in antigua spent two weeks surronded be hammer fans and a jack then on last day a bluebird turned up at the hotel he was there to get married he was from mountain ash had to leave shortly after he arrived so didnt catch his name
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 pm

this lad had his son with him they sat in canton stand they were flying back on the day of the millwall game and the young one was meeting supporters bus at reading to go to the game

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:29 pm

I spent a few months in LA a couple of years ago! When I was stopped at the traffic lights I noticed the car next to me had a CCTC sticker! I beeped the horn and did the ayatollah and the guy in the car went mental ha ha

Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:17 am

Eurodisney, Xmas 07. I met a guy in a "Santa is a bluebird" hat. We were on a jam packed bus, standing room only and I said at least Santa isn't a Swansea jack. He laughed and asked where we were from, I said Barry, he said us to. Small world.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 am

Was on the Gold coast Australia in 2005 with my lad.we both had our city shirts on when an old couple in their 70's walked past & gave us the Ayatollah.we just looked at each other gobsmacked - priceless

Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:31 am

Was on the Gold coast Australia in 2005 with my lad.we both had our city shirts on when an old couple in their 70's walked past & gave us the Ayatollah.we just looked at each other gobsmacked - priceless

Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Met quite a few at festivals over the years. My fiance always nicks my fleeces when it starts getting cold and she was waiting for me by the toilets one and a bunch of blokes shouted at her to do the ayatollah. She had no idea what they were talking about at the time :lol:

One guy I met at Reading isnt even from Cardiff but I now see him at the City all the time. Ignorant fucker though