Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Run Into Fellow City Fans In Unusual Places?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 pm

Have you ever been some where on holiday or in another country and run into a City fan......? What's the oddest place you've ever run into a fellow Bluebird?

Not that it's very unusual but, I met a couple of fans at Disneyworld this year, and some of you probably have met the Cardiff bartender at the Rose and Crown Pub at Epcot.

Re: Run Into Fellow City Fans In Unusual Places?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 pm

greenlawler wrote:Have you ever been some where on holiday or in another country and run into a City fan......? What's the oddest place you've ever run into a fellow Bluebird?

Not that it's very unusual but, I met a couple of fans at Disneyworld this year, and some of you probably have met the Cardiff bartender at the Rose and Crown Pub at Epcot.

Met City fans in World Cups abroad.
In Egypt, Euro Disney, Majorca every year.
In the sea in Santa Ponsa. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 pm

greenlawler wrote:Have you ever been some where on holiday or in another country and run into a City fan......? What's the oddest place you've ever run into a fellow Bluebird?

I've met CCFC fans in Eurodisney, Aviemore Scotland, Majorca, Tenerife and Swindon. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:16 pm

I was scuba diving once off Tristan da Cunha, the world's most remote inhabited island. I'd just come out from inside the wreck of an 18th century slave ship when what should I see but another scuba diver in the horrendous early 90's Echo sponsored away shirt. You could have knocked me down with a feather.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm

I saw someone wear a cardiff shirt at Tenerife and I met a Bristol fan on a cruise! :o

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Well all these places....Disneyland, Spain, Egypt.

Well I met a bluebird in Haven Holiday Park in Norfolk so there!!!

Missus was well pissed off cos the evenings in the showbar were city talk & nothing else.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 pm

adz-a32 wrote:I saw someone wear a cardiff shirt at Tenerife and I met a Bristol fan on a cruise! :o

Oh and last year, we had a cover teacher who also supported Cardiff. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:34 pm

I'm at Bath University and in my freshers week our flat was given a tour of town by the second year "halls rep" we had. We were walking down the main shopping street and I saw a guy in a cardiff top. I did the :ayatollah: to him and he did the same to me. Spent the next hour or so explaining what the hell it was to my flatmates (who I didn't really know that well at the time!).

One of my friends on my course is also a bluebird!

Also saw a city fan on the metro in Barcelona when I was on holiday with a few mates.

Have met fans of all different clubs when I have been abroad with the parents, always a good laugh. Especially if we end up playing them at the time!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:05 pm

On wednesday i was in disneyland studios paris with the family. I was wearing my cardiff coat on a dreadfully cold and wet day and some bloke walks across my path and says COME ON CITY i was quite chuffed with that. I know it dont count but i did meet Kav 3 days after our playoff final victory in 2003. On my way to lanzarote i was queing for the toilet at 35'000 ft. My jaw almost dropped when i saw him. He was a real gent and very down to earth. Sad really but it made my whole holiday.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 pm

On wednesday i was in disneyland studios paris with the family. I was wearing my cardiff coat on a dreadfully cold and wet day and some bloke walks across my path and says COME ON CITY i was quite chuffed with that. I know it dont count but i did meet Kav 3 days after our playoff final victory in 2003. On my way to lanzarote i was queing for the toilet at 35'000 ft. My jaw almost dropped when i saw him. He was a real gent and very down to earth. Sad really but it made my whole holiday.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 pm

In Spain in 2008 someone noticed my 08/09 shirt with Ledley on the back and we got in a whole conversation. And his daughter was there who worked on the turnstiles on the Bob Bank, cant remember which gate though. Also when I was watching the Play-Off final in Linekers bar in Lanzarote there were plenty of 'City fans there. And in Tenerife this year.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 am

CantonJack wrote:In Spain in 2008 someone noticed my 08/09 shirt with Ledley on the back and we got in a whole conversation. And his daughter was there who worked on the turnstiles on the Bob Bank, cant remember which gate though. Also when I was watching the Play-Off final in Linekers bar in Lanzarote there were plenty of 'City fans there. And in Tenerife this year.

Bumped into a guy in a CCfc top in a shopping centre food hall one Sunday afternoon in Auckland, also in a remote coastal hangout south of goa.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:10 am

one year i went to france on holiday and my and my bro had city towels wrapped around us and were walking in to the pool complex and saw a couple doin the ayatollah to us so we went over and started speaking to them and they were from blackwood. my brother worked on the desk a couple over from their son. crazy.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:12 am

goats wrote:
CantonJack wrote:In Spain in 2008 someone noticed my 08/09 shirt with Ledley on the back and we got in a whole conversation. And his daughter was there who worked on the turnstiles on the Bob Bank, cant remember which gate though. Also when I was watching the Play-Off final in Linekers bar in Lanzarote there were plenty of 'City fans there. And in Tenerife this year.

Bumped into a guy in a CCfc top in a shopping centre food hall one Sunday afternoon in Auckland, also in a remote coastal hangout south of goa.

Holy shite, what are the chances, seeing the same bloke, in the same top, in two entirely different continents!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:45 am

one year i go st lucia and be at mario copper wedding by flukey

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:54 am

sid wrote:one year i go st lucia and be at mario copper wedding by flukey

......had a drink tonight have we sir?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:59 am

Sid, are you mentally retarded? Or did you do the Ayatollah a bit too hard?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:04 am

harold pinta wrote:

......had a drink tonight have we sir?

no me no drink

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:05 am

CantonJack wrote:

Qigo got run over by 30 car when he do ayatolla when on duty

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:10 am

CantonJack wrote:

mario reely funny look when he arobics in pool thinking he look cool in speedo

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:33 am

Met a city fan in Mbale Uganda a few weeks back.

Also met city fans in Cuba and Thailand... in Thailand in 99 one city fan I met was proud of the fact he'd pulled a stunner until I pointed out his 'stunner' had an adams apple bigger than a small dog with as much hair on it! His stunner didn't take kindly to that and got rather upset and started hurling glasses at us. :lol:

Meeting city fans at Wales games is obvious - BUT I met a guy in Rimini in a dustbin - he was trying to sleep in one of those large industrial bins, My mate and I got him out and we've remained friends since.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Day after the leeds game i was doing my milk round and had a new call.So i knocked the door and who opened it only kav. :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:29 pm

I was queuing up to go on the USS Arizona in pearl harbour and was wearing my city shirt. A guy walked past me and did the ayatollah!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:18 pm

LEE EVANS did he AYATOLLAH back 2 me at the motor point NOV 15

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:25 pm

NO ARSE wrote:LEE EVANS did he AYATOLLAH back 2 me at the motor point NOV 15

:ayatollah:

Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:25 pm

I was in Cairns, Queensland, Australia 2004 and I got a taxi back to the hotel we were staying in. The driver a real Aussie says wow Cardiff City fans as my daughter had a city shirt on an me a city baseball cap. Talking to him he said back in the 70s city done a tour of Australia and they played Queensland in pre season friendly. He said he was taken to see it and has always followed our progress since.

He knew his stuff, players and key matches ect.... As a tip I gave him my City baseball cap and he was made up.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:53 am

Family Stand going into 'injury time' on any match day!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:52 pm

adz-a32 wrote:I saw someone wear a cardiff shirt at Tenerife and I met a Bristol fan on a cruise! :o

Mental.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:06 pm

I bumped into Snowy (landlord of the Rose and Crown in Ponty) at JFK airport in New york in 2005, on the same trip, I was having a piss in the Hard Rock cafe in Times Square, toilet door opens, I looked up and it was f*cking Lee Trundle....I went back to my table, and my face was a picture, my missus was like, you look like you just seen a ghost :P .....he walks past my table, I turned round to see him sat with Robinson, and one or two other Swansea players.....they had just lost in the play off Final against Barnsley....about half hour later they got up to leave, my missus was begging me not to say anything, as they walked past, I shouted nevermind boys, there's always next year with a big grin on my face..... :lol:

Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Having a smoke in Amsterdam, someone shouted "do the ayotallah" from no where lol so then we had a chat