Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‎" MILLWALL AWAY TOMORROW, HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED "

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Millwall v Cardiff City

Only about 11 years ago this match would of potentially been the match everyone in the Country would be looking at expecting a near Riot and a 1,000 Metropolitan Police would of been out on duty. From Paddington, to the Embankment to London Bridge to the New Den the areas would of been covered in Police.
At about this time about 800 from Cardiff went on the service train, plus many others by coaches. Those who went by cars, many left them at Paddington and joined the rest of the city contingent.

Fans would of been scared to have gone to Millwall direct in cars or in small groups on the train.

Tomorrow shows that football really has changed as no more than a 100 police will be on duty in and around the areas.
So 10 times as many police were used 11 years ago.

So this shows we have really moved on, then I cant see why any other team we play in the UK needs to have any restrictions on our fans anymore. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The atmosphere will still be great, a pity it is not like this in our stadium, yet the crowd will be nearly half ours.

Re: ‎" MILLWALL AWAY TOMORROW, HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED "

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Our stadiums showed that it can have a good atmosphere mate, its down to the fans to raise the roof :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:54 pm

It's great that so fewer coppers will be around,
As u say shows how times have changed!!

I was dubious last season so went on forum bus but tomorrow be going by train,

Should be a good day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Our stadiums showed that it can have a good atmosphere mate, its down to the fans to raise the roof :ayatollah:

Daniel, I wont go in to the argument again, but if liked minded singers are not allowed together in just one section of the Ninian Stand, our ground will very very rarely get an atmosphere.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:00 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:It's great that so fewer coppers will be around,
As u say shows how times have changed!!

I was dubious last season so went on forum bus but tomorrow be going by train,

Should be a good day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

There you are Jules, you feel safe to make your own way there tomorrow.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:Our stadiums showed that it can have a good atmosphere mate, its down to the fans to raise the roof :ayatollah:

Daniel, I wont go in to the argument again, but if liked minded singers are not allowed together in just one section of the Ninian Stand, our ground will very very rarely get an atmosphere.

Do u think it'll ever change? Or improve as the seasons go on?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No,not while the present people who made sure this happened remain there and it will def not improve, in fact its getting worse, yet our team is magnificent.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Millwall v Cardiff City

Only about 11 years ago this match would of potentially been the match everyone in the Country would be looking at expecting a near Riot and a 1,000 Metropolitan Police would of been out on duty. From Paddington, to the Embankment to London Bridge to the New Den the areas would of been covered in Police.
At about this time about 800 from Cardiff went on the service train, plus many others by coaches. Those who went by cars, many left them at Paddington and joined the rest of the city contingent.

Fans would of been scared to have gone to Millwall direct in cars or in small groups on the train.

Tomorrow shows that football really has changed as no more than a 100 police will be on duty in and around the areas.

So this shows we have really moved on, then I cant see why any other team we play in the UK needs to have any restrictions on our fans anymore. :ayatollah: :ayatolla

The atmosphere will still be great, a pity it is not like this in our stadium, yet the crowd will be nearly half ours.

A triumph for the modern policy of all seater stadia! ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No,not while the present people who made sure this happened remain there and it will def not improve, in fact its getting worse, yet our team is magnificent.

so what are they supposed to do they told you where the singing section would be so fans had the opportunity to pick their season tickets accordingly
you chose to sit in the ninian stand nobody forced you after the club has offered to transfer tickets you chose to remain in the ninian stand
as youve stated before you prefer to watch your football on the sideline not behind the goal which is your choice
their is nothing wrong with the atmosphere as has been proved in games over the seasons
the only issue if fans have to start singing
the club isnt stopping you from chanting
persistent standing is the problem
if you stand sing a chant then sit down for 2 minutes
then stand again and sing another chant
there is nothing the club can do
because that isnt persistent standing
every other club across the country has managed to work it out i dont understand why cardiff cant
as to the content of this topic yes it is great how times have changed

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

so what are they supposed to do they told you where the singing section would be so fans had the opportunity to pick their season tickets accordingly
you chose to sit in the ninian stand nobody forced you after the club has offered to transfer tickets you chose to remain in the ninian stand
as youve stated before you prefer to watch your football on the sideline not behind the goal which is your choice
their is nothing wrong with the atmosphere as has been proved in games over the seasons
every other club across the country has managed to work it out i dont understand why cardiff cant

NO they never when the stadium first opened.
I have said before, I have not watched City at home games from behind the goals since 1982, I like watching the football at home games from the side of the pitch. Section 116/117/118 should be standing and singing.
People can sit in the family stand/Grandstand and 80% of the Ninian Stand thats fair. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Daniel_PT_blues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

NO they never when the stadium first opened.
I have said before, I have not watched City at home games from behind the goals since 1982, I like watching the football at home games from the side of the pitch. Section 116/117/118 should be standing and singing.
People can sit in the family stand/Grandstand and 80% of the Ninian Stand thats fair. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

so this has nothing to do with singing then its purely down to standing
if you want to sing
ive given you one solution if you dont want to go behind the goal (which i do understand the reasoning for)
and there would be nothing the club could do about it
clubs up and down the country do it
someone starts a chant
the fans stand up
sing the chant
then sit back down again
it stops the club dead in its tracks over persistent standing (because your not)
and you can continue that cycle right through the game
and there is nothing the club, the police or stewards can do about it

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:15 pm

if you want to sing
ive given you one solution if you dont want to go behind the goal (which i do understand the reasoning for)
someone starts a chant
the fans stand up
sing the chant
then sit back down again
it stops the club dead in its tracks over persistent standing (because your not)
and there is nothing the club, the police or stewards can do about it[/quote]

Forever blue wrote.
We try that every game, but and I mean but Wayne Nash put fans in those areas that cant stand singing/chanting etc so they look at us gone of, its the new type of fan he loves.As I said the other day, this was all pre planned before we moved in to our new stadium, split up upper Section A,lower Section A and grange end and this is a fact as I was at the meeting with Nash.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:22 pm

if you want to sing
someone starts a chant
the fans stand up
sing the chant
then sit back down again

Forever blue wrote.
We try that every game, but and I mean but Wayne Nash put fans in those areas that cant stand singing/chanting etc so they look at us gone of, its the new type of fan he loves.As I said the other day, this was all pre planned before we moved in to our new stadium, split up upper Section A,lower Section A and grange end and this is a fact as I was at the meeting with Nash.[/quote]

Why does WN want to kill the atmosphere :evil:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:26 pm

if you want to sing
someone starts a chant
the fans stand up
sing the chant
then sit back down again

Forever Blue wrote.
We try that every game, but and I mean but Wayne Nash put fans in those areas that cant stand singing/chanting etc so they look at us gone of, its the new type of fan he loves.As I said the other day, this was all pre planned before we moved in to our new stadium, split up upper Section A,lower Section A and grange end and this is a fact as I was at the meeting with Nash.[/quote]

well its not exactly a state secret the club wanted to split section A of the Grandstand up
with the biggest level of respect for the fans who were there it was a law to itself and at times a rather dangerous place to be (looking from the outside in) im sure you were all having a great time though.
From my briefings I cant remember the last time 116 was ever mentioned
in 117/118 the club has an issue with 4 fans
i dont know how many fans have complained in these areas but they dont get a very big mention
now everyone knows Wayne isnt the easiest of guys to communicate with but i cant see how hes openly out to ruin the clubs atmosphere

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:38 pm

well its not exactly a state secret the club wanted to split section A of the Grandstand up
with the biggest level of respect for the fans who were there it was a law to itself and at times a rather dangerous place to be (looking from the outside in) im sure you were all having a great time though.
From my briefings I cant remember the last time 116 was ever mentioned
in 117/118 the club has an issue with 4 fans
i dont know how many fans have complained in these areas but they dont get a very big mention
now everyone knows Wayne isnt the easiest of guys to communicate with but i cant see how hes openly out to ruin the clubs atmosphere

I totally disagree about UPPER SECTION A, 450 mostly old heads, No arrests up there in the last 6 years there, policed our selves. One incident Cardiff fan v Cardiff fan and sorted out by us.They new the score, cctv was watching and most were past those days.

Lower section maybe so, as they were a lot younger and just needed taming. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

One incident Cardiff fan v Cardiff fan and sorted out by us.

That was amusing.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:50 pm

it' s still millwall away one of the best mobs on their day
west ham are at reading passing thro paddington
should be interesting

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:52 pm

406 lantin liege wrote:it' s still millwall away one of the best mobs on their day
should be interesting

I heard, Paddington will be swarming with Westham.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

One incident Cardiff fan v Cardiff fan and sorted out by us.

That was amusing.

But true Ian. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

So this shows we have really moved on, then I cant see why any other team we play in the UK needs to have any restrictions on our fans anymore. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

still gonna be 'PWOPA NAWTEE' :twisted: :ayatollah: :lol:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

406 lantin liege wrote:it' s still millwall away one of the best mobs on their day
should be interesting

Best 'mobs'??……..grow up alert!!?? :roll:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:

still gonna be 'PWOPA NAWTEE' :twisted: :ayatollah: :lol:

:lol: :lol: