Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bravo Cameron

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Cameron refused to allow Britain to be sucked further into what amounted to a further consolidation of a European superstate and the handing over of a huge tranche of democratic rights to Brussels.

But the truth of it is that what he did in vetoing a 27-state treaty was not done with any democratic considerations in mind.

He did it to protect the privileged position of the City of London's speculators and their opportunities to skim off the top of any transactions that it handles.

But make no mistake about it, Cameron remains wedded to Britain's place in Europe - although it's difficult to see why in his terms of "what's best for Britain."

Being caught by the drivelling mantra of free trade, he couldn't do much else, but the EU version of free trade hasn't exactly been a blessing.

Look at the position of manufacturing in this country. Ever since Britain has been involved in the European Union, the percentage of GDP generated by manufacturing has declined rapidly, from just under 25 per cent to marginally over 12 per cent - put bluntly, it's halved.

Britain officially went into depression in the first quarter of 2009, but no growth was recorded throughout 2008 and the economy has shrunk by over 5 per cent since.

And now Britain is reluctantly dipping its toes into the widely forecast second dip of a double-dip recession.

This trend can be clearly identified as stemming from the policies of the Thatcher government in the early 1980s when it began its huge programme of privatisation of industry in tandem with a shift of government policy emphasis from manufacturing to finance as the core of the British economy and carried on by Blair and Brown

And it's a trend that has to be reversed.

It's not just Europe and it's not just the eurozone and it's not just the euro. Let's keep that in mind.

It's a general crisis of capitalism which is being conflated in the eyes of the capitalist media with a profits war between various varieties of capitalist.

And it's represented as somehow inevitable. It's not.

There is another way. It is a way that doesn't require national policy to be laid down by banks, speculators and shadowy rate-setting agencies.

It's a way in which those who produce the country's real wealth control the disposition of that wealth and elect representatives who do the will of the people.
It is becoming clearer with every passing day that free-market capitalism and democracy are inimical.

They cannot live together and the masters of the capitalist world understand that clearly - although in the past they have had to carefully conceal the fact.

But the gloves are coming off and with the brutal takeovers of the Greek and the Italian governments by the money-men the contradiction between democracy and capitalism has been made crystal clear.

The European capitalists have chosen direct rule by finance capital. We choose democracy, how about you?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:
stephen wrote:the tories have never been any good they only give a shit for the people with money they lie through their teeth to get in then shit on us and of course they had thatcher bring back the labour party

Exactly the same as Blair and Brown two other lying bastards. :evil:

Thats the saddest truth out of all this

They are all lying cunts :(

Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Cameron more than most thopugh unfortunately, the man is a cock!

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:24 pm

I have been reading up on this a bit more and I was astonished to find out that even though Cameron vetoed the latest treaty (apparently to safeguard the City of London from a transaction tax) he is powerless to prevent it from being implimented any way.

All it takes is for the other 26 nations to vote for it and no matter how much Cameron and his boys moan it will happen.

The only difference is Britain hasn't got a say in how it is implimented because we are now excluded from the dicision making process.

If that is the case then can someone explain to me why this f**king idiot is being hailed as a hero?

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:25 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't agree that Cameron has played a 'blinder' although I agree that the Euro does seem in dire straits.

Our Prime Minister has been out manoeuvred by both France and Germany. I have to question why in response he hasn’t been prepared to use our clout as a net contributor to the EU budget i.e. if we are to be on the 'outside of Europe' with less influence then that should be reflected in the UK paying less into the EU coffers.

Whilst I agree that there shouldn't be a European wide transaction tax on the banks (as this would mean the UK paying more for the mistakes of the EU Zone) Cameron has missed a trick by failing to bring the rest of the EU on board in seeking to impose a worldwide transaction tax and therefore not unfairly penalising the competitiveness of the City of London.

Whether they like it or not the banks will have to pay a significantly higher proportion of their income in tax to pay for the damage they did in starting the worldwide credit crunch in the first place, but that taxation tax has to be fairly distributed amongst all banks and countries and there should not be any safe havens for them to run away to.

That said I think the overall outlook is bleak because there can be no faith not only in David Cameron but also Nicolas Sarkozy and Angela Merkel. As it was said on Question Time last night the Euro crisis can be summed up in the analogy that the Euro is a speeding car heading at full throttle towards a steep cliff with Merkel driving, Sarkozy in the passenger seat pointing the way and Cameron tied and gagged and slung in the boot.

There are far too many national (and party) interests in play along with one up man ship for these leaders to possibly be working towards the greater good of Europe. Europe whether we like it or not is the way ahead if we are going to safeguard our way and quality of life but we can’t do that with the present leaders of France and Germany as well as the UK.

I love reading your posts Tony. I would like to have a beer with you. I reckon you could have a real good chinwag.

Cheers Mum ;)

PS Thanks for the kind words

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have been reading up on this a bit more and I was astonished to find out that even though Cameron vetoed the latest treaty (apparently to safeguard the City of London from a transaction tax) he is powerless to prevent it from being implimented any way.

All it takes is for the other 26 nations to vote for it and no matter how much Cameron and his boys moan it will happen.

The only difference is Britain hasn't got a say in how it is implimented because we are now excluded from the dicision making process.

If that is the case then can someone explain to me why this f**king idiot is being hailed as a hero?

That's exactly what I want to know.

He's completely ballsed this up so bad;y now and Britain's going to be completely marginalised as a result of it.

If he changed his mind and tried to sign the treaty his bargaining power would be 0 as he's already vetoed it and if he stays as he's doing he leaves us out of a decision that's going to impact us anyway.

I can't even say I'm surprised by how badly he's messing things up.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Aramore wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I have been reading up on this a bit more and I was astonished to find out that even though Cameron vetoed the latest treaty (apparently to safeguard the City of London from a transaction tax) he is powerless to prevent it from being implimented any way.

That's exactly what I want to know.

He's completely ballsed this up so bad;y now and Britain's going to be completely marginalised as a result of it.

If he changed his mind and tried to sign the treaty his bargaining power would be 0 as he's already vetoed it and if he stays as he's doing he leaves us out of a decision that's going to impact us anyway.

I can't even say I'm surprised by how badly he's messing things up.

Totally agree he only used the veto so that he didn't get a hard time off his backbenchers when he returned to Westminster. I said yesterday this issue would do for him and I stand by that because he has chosen his mates over what is best for everyone else.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:03 pm

Ah for fucks sake, some of you are worse than then brain dead small minded pillocks on the other message board.

Dave, yep that's how much respect i have for him, was left with no choice. The left wing fruitcakes throughout Europe have spent huge amounts of money that they don't have, borrowed from f**k knows where to keep themselves in government. The UK was a major part of the problem with the last lot who have basically not only sold you down shit creek but your children and your childrens children. Cameron and his lot have enough to do sorting that shit out without the added problems of paying for all other lefy governments f**k ups.

Thatcher was the only PM we've ever had that stood up to them. If only those that followed had similar sized balls.