Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Bravo Cameron

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 am

Midfield general wrote:Bravo Cameron, the Euro is doomed and the sooner people accept it the better. Its about time someone should be for our interests in Europe.

Adam, I want out of the EU and nothing ever to do with the Euro, but I honestly believe Cameron has been soft so far.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 am

Cameron has his hands tied by Europe a bit though unlike back in Maggie's day when she would have well and truely put her foot down to Europe and all that comes with it !

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:31 am

In my opinion coalitions cant and wont work , just look at the WAG as another prime example . Im all for 1 party rule .

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:34 am

Midfield general wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Midfield general wrote:Bravo Cameron, the Euro is doomed and the sooner people accept it the better. Its about time someone should be for our interests in Europe.

Adam, I want out of the EU and nothing ever to do with the Euro, but I honestly believe Cameron has been soft so far.

Fully agree Annis but Cameron's hands have been tied by the Lib Dems. I wish he would call a snap election for the tories to gain full control of the government and wash the Lib Dems away once and for all.

Adam, there should never have been a coalition. There should of been another vote in my opinion.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:25 am

Midfield general wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Fully agree Annis but Cameron's hands have been tied by the Lib Dems. I wish he would call a snap election for the tories to gain full control of the government and wash the Lib Dems away once and for all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:29 am

welshcitydragon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

you honestly think the tories would win if they call a snap election?? why do you think they havent called one!!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 am

I am an admirer of the Swiss position (most of the benefits of the EU, few of the costs) and their democratic system, but that option may not be open to us now. More importantly, one needs to look to the future. If the EU takes another path towards greater integration, there are great dangers in being left out of the room where decisions are being made. These things are far more complex that most people seem to realise. Waving flags, making British Bulldog statements (a dog noteworthy for its respiratory problems and short life expectancy) and singing patriotic songs count for nothing in all of this.

Careful what you wish for.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:59 am

I don't agree that Cameron has played a 'blinder' although I agree that the Euro does seem in dire straits.

Our Prime Minister has been out manoeuvred by both France and Germany. I have to question why in response he hasn’t been prepared to use our clout as a net contributor to the EU budget i.e. if we are to be on the 'outside of Europe' with less influence then that should be reflected in the UK paying less into the EU coffers.

Whilst I agree that there shouldn't be a European wide transaction tax on the banks (as this would mean the UK paying more for the mistakes of the EU Zone) Cameron has missed a trick by failing to bring the rest of the EU on board in seeking to impose a worldwide transaction tax and therefore not unfairly penalising the competitiveness of the City of London.

Whether they like it or not the banks will have to pay a significantly higher proportion of their income in tax to pay for the damage they did in starting the worldwide credit crunch in the first place, but that taxation tax has to be fairly distributed amongst all banks and countries and there should not be any safe havens for them to run away to.

That said I think the overall outlook is bleak because there can be no faith not only in David Cameron but also Nicolas Sarkozy and Angela Merkel. As it was said on Question Time last night the Euro crisis can be summed up in the analogy that the Euro is a speeding car heading at full throttle towards a steep cliff with Merkel driving, Sarkozy in the passenger seat pointing the way and Cameron tied and gagged and slung in the boot.

There are far too many national (and party) interests in play along with one up man ship for these leaders to possibly be working towards the greater good of Europe. Europe whether we like it or not is the way ahead if we are going to safeguard our way and quality of life but we can’t do that with the present leaders of France and Germany as well as the UK.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:03 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
welshcitydragon wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

you honestly think the tories would win if they call a snap election?? why do you think they havent called one!!

I agree that the Tories wouldn't win a snap election if they called one now (we would probably have the same as we have now a hung Parliament but with Labour as the biggest party) but I'm sure the Tories are prevented from calling a snap election due to the Coalition agreement with the Lib Dems which lasts a full Parliment term of 5 years.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:07 am

Uccello Azzurro wrote:I am an admirer of the Swiss position (most of the benefits of the EU, few of the costs) and their democratic system, but that option may not be open to us now. More importantly, one needs to look to the future. If the EU takes another path towards greater integration, there are great dangers in being left out of the room where decisions are being made. These things are far more complex that most people seem to realise. Waving flags, making British Bulldog statements (a dog noteworthy for its respiratory problems and short life expectancy) and singing patriotic songs count for nothing in all of this.

Careful what you wish for.

I think the Switzerland comparsion is a very good one. For the next few years we could follow that path and save ourselves a fortune in EU contributions, if France and Germany wish to go their own way with greater intigration.

Until the Euro is sorted out and proven itself once and for all (that will probably take at least a generation) I wouldn't want the UK to follow that lead, although one day it will happen.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:26 am

MG, he hasn't done anything yet. What are you applauding him for? When he stops blaming this that and everything and actually does something then give him a clap.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:29 am

Midfield general wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't agree that Cameron has played a 'blinder' although I agree that the Euro does seem in dire straits.

Our Prime Minister has been out manoeuvred by both France and Germany. I have to question why in response he hasn’t been prepared to use our clout as a net contributor to the EU budget i.e. if we are to be on the 'outside of Europe' with less influence then that should be reflected in the UK paying less into the EU coffers.

Whilst I agree that there shouldn't be a European wide transaction tax on the banks (as this would mean the UK paying more for the mistakes of the EU Zone) Cameron has missed a trick by failing to bring the rest of the EU on board in seeking to impose a worldwide transaction tax and therefore not unfairly penalising the competitiveness of the City of London.

Whether they like it or not the banks will have to pay a significantly higher proportion of their income in tax to pay for the damage they did in starting the worldwide credit crunch in the first place, but that taxation tax has to be fairly distributed amongst all banks and countries and there should not be any safe havens for them to run away to.

That said I think the overall outlook is bleak because there can be no faith not only in David Cameron but also Nicolas Sarkozy and Angela Merkel. As it was said on Question Time last night the Euro crisis can be summed up in the analogy that the Euro is a speeding car heading at full throttle towards a steep cliff with Merkel driving, Sarkozy in the passenger seat pointing the way and Cameron tied and gagged and slung in the boot.

There are far too many national (and party) interests in play along with one up man ship for these leaders to possibly be
working towards the greater good of Europe. Europe whether we like it or not is the way ahead if we are going to safeguard our way and quality of life but we can’t do that with the present leaders of France and Germany as well as the UK.

Tony, whilst I agree with a lot of what you say there is no chance that America would accept a worldwide banking tax. I agree with Boris that Cameron has played a blinder and he's popularity will increase because of it.

With regards to a snap election, Labour are toxic with Ed Balls involved and they will never win another election while he is in the shadow cabinet.

Adam America are short of cash as well and with pressure from the rest of the world they might be persuaded, although I agree it would be a difficult call.

Labour lost all hope of winning the next election outright when they elected the wrong Milliband as leader. Interesting you mention Ed Balls because I think his wife Yevette Copper is a rising star amongst the ranks of Labour and might be their next leader.

BTW Cameron is in deep shit not only in Europe but with his own party. He will never give a referendum on EU membership dispite all his promises and it is this issue that will do for him, probably with Boris taking over.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:43 am

I don't want to stir up a hornets nest here but as far as I am concerned the EU is costing this nation far too much just to be a part of it. I would like to be out of it but keep the avenues open for trading. ATB. Reeco

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Tony Blair sold us out to the EU, for his own personal gain and were paying for it big time. :evil:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:14 pm

the tories have never been any good they only give a shit for the people with money they lie through their teeth to get in then shit on us and of course they had thatcher bring back the labour party

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 pm

stephen wrote:the tories have never been any good they only give a shit for the people with money they lie through their teeth to get in then shit on us and of course they had thatcher bring back the labour party

Exactly the same as Blair and Brown two other lying bastards. :evil:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Im 39 this month n have never voted because who ever gets in,will leave a trail of deceit and lies.Politicians are like smackheads,they're really good at filling you with shit to get what they want

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:32 pm

out will go the euro quickly followed by a collapse of all European economies including ours, financial turmoil in the money markets, threats of war, possible wars only to be rescued by NWO and one world currency we are all doomed, head for the hills now ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: got my Lurchers and Terriers for hunting, got my guns and crossbows, got my fishing rod all my survival gear, I'm off, cya :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:41 pm

ihatealiens wrote:out will go the euro quickly followed by a collapse of all European economies including ours, financial turmoil in the money markets, threats of war, possible wars only to be rescued by NWO and one world currency we are all doomed, head for the hills now ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: got my Lurchers and Terriers for hunting, got my guns and crossbows, got my fishing rod all my survival gear, I'm off, cya :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just in case where are you going :lol:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Don't get me wrong I'm not a big Cameron fan and I think the Lib Dems are a laughing stock but how anyone could vote for labour after what they did to this country is beyond me! Not only have Blair/Brown devastated this country (sale of gold, pensions, illegal wars, immigration going through the roof, benefit culture etc etc) the party is now run by two buffoons, Balls and Milliband! If anyone thinks Labour and those two idiots could save this country then they need to look again! Cameron has many faults but he's better than them! It's such a shame that there is not one politician in any of the parties that really excites me!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:59 pm

boxerbob wrote:Im 39 this month n have never voted because who ever gets in,will leave a trail of deceit and lies.Politicians are like smackheads,they're really good at filling you with shit to get what they want

Hit the nail right on the head there mate. Every goevernment I've ever know have all been fecking useless. They all talk bollox and just blame all ill's on the last lot. Then whne we have a change of governemt they do exactly the same - talk bollox and blame the last lot. When we have a new government, they'll do exactly the same - talk bollox and blame the last lot.

All the while they manage to get your average Joe to beleive their crap. You see posts on here and members of the public on the tele spouting out the shit that the politician of the day have programmed them to say. The latest being "labour spent too much see, their fault like" (if you say that in a really doppy voice it will help my point).

I'd sack the lot of them, all 650 of them - all fecking useless. This fecking idiot we've got as a PM was on about people working for free to help with cut backs etc. Well I've got a good idea. Why don't these MP's do it for free? No pay and no pension for any of them. Perhaps then we'll get people who care for the country rather than just career politicians. It's not as if they need paying with all the perks they get with the job anyway.

So there we go Tory boys there's some cut back you can start with - your fecking wages! Lead by example hey!

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:10 pm

People that dont vote have no right to moan about what government we have, u should at least spoil your paper.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Economics was never my forte. However I do believe that, if a country like Greece, can bring down the Economies of Germany and France then the Euro really is not worth saving.

I have never voted Conservative. But, in this instance, I think Cameron has done the right thing by standing up for Europe.

The USA has always had its own currency as have we. When the Soviet Bloc disbanded several countries ditched the Rouble overnight. Those countries went from strength to strength - without the Euro.

Whilst I show empathy to those in other countries we have enough problems in our own country, at the moment, and we really need to be looking after ourselves before worrying about others.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't particularly want to be part of EU but now that we are in it and so reliant upon it then it is absolute madeness on Cameron's part to play politics with this situation.

If anyone thinks that Cameron is playing a blinder by making the EU collapse even more likely then they really need to think about what the implications are. Britain would suffer immeasuraby due to the amount we rely on the EU for trade and, arguably, may actually suffer more than other member states such are the close economic and trade ties.

If Cameron wants to gradually ease the ties then that is another argument but to drive Europe to the brink of collapse right now is idiotic at best :( :o

There will be no snap election because the Tory's are well aware that, even with their own shortcomings, Labour are ahead of them in the polls. If Labour had a half decent leader then election as a clear majority government would be a mere formality.

Cameron and Osbourne are out of their depth. The growth predictions are continually showing that. Grandstanding politics like "look at me I'm standing up for Britain against EU" are doing little to solve the crisis that is affecting every single one of us :twisted:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:55 pm

I don't know if Cameron made the right decision here or the wrong one, simple because I don't know enough about it.

What worries me though is the fact the it was Cameron that made the decision. The major difference between me and David Cameron is I am willing to admit that I know little about it. He'll just make a major decision like that in the same way as tossing a coin. If he wins then he'll crow like hell about it. If he loses he'll no doubt find a way of blaming labour for it.

I don't know where Cleggy was in all this. Probably where he usually is, on his knees noshing Cams off.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Oh come on, Cameron only vetoed it to protect the interest of the City, the same pricks that made this economic crisis worse in the first place. He didnt make the decision based on the interest of the British people. It all came down to the financial regulation of the city, which the majority of people in this country support.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm

Anarch0 wrote:Oh come on, Cameron only vetoed it to protect the interest of the City, the same pricks that made this economic crisis worse in the first place. He didnt make the decision based on the interest of the British people. It all came down to the financial regulation of the city, which the majority of people in this country support.

"Cameron only vetoed it to protect the interest of the City"

So Cameron is in cahoots with who? The Malasians, PMG, Langston or what? :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:28 pm

What are you on - you idiot.

Cameron the c**t went to stop europe putting regulations on banks who gamble our money away, while all of us live on less and work longer (thats if we have a job).
The gap between the very rich and the rest of us widens daily, while the banks continue to take the piss. Europe wanted to put some barriers in for our protection. Cameron and his buddies are all in with them so get rich while we have to try and manage.

Blair and Brown were the same too.

Now or foreign policy, oil/fuel prices, manufacturing, immigrant workers, indian call centres, supermarkets, etc are all hinnged on gamblers in the big banks buying and selling derivitives which are based on absolute bollox and make or break companies and countries.

I'm not a tree hugging euro - but dont believe all you read in the tory press or on fuckin Top Gear cos they are taking the piss out of you while you are getting fucked up the arse.

wheres all our tax going?????
oh - i know -its on the jeremy kyle spongers.............

or is it

We pay far more in fighting wars we cant win and giving aid to foreign countries than we waste on spongers.

Cameron has sold us out for a few people in the city of london - FACT

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Who says he would get full control? The only reason he is taking this stand is because the EU wants to put well needed safeguards against the banking systems that are Cameron's friends. I really hoped they would be different but the Tories have been typical look after the rich eff the poor. They have treated us Armed Forces abhorrently as well as the rest of the public sector.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:I don't agree that Cameron has played a 'blinder' although I agree that the Euro does seem in dire straits.

There are far too many national (and party) interests in play along with one up man ship for these leaders to possibly be working towards the greater good of Europe. Europe whether we like it or not is the way ahead if we are going to safeguard our way and quality of life but we can’t do that with the present leaders of France and Germany as well as the UK.

I love reading your posts Tony. I would like to have a beer with you. I reckon you could have a real good chinwag.