Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT VINCENT TAN HAS DONE HERE....

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:13 pm

Will it prove to be giving Malky Mackay carte blanche to do it 'his' way?

Forget 'is Tan staying, is he a chancer, is he this is he that'.. please dont
bother with that stuff, its not what the threads about

Giving him the job was one thing. But Mackay CLEARLY had a lot to say
and a lot of his own ideas at those interviews. They HAD to know what
Mackay was planning to do here, they had to know Mackay was going to
tear up the blueprint and start all over again... a lot of upheaval, a lot
of change.

Its my opinion that Cardiff City is now a totally different animal to what
it was five months ago. 'Building for the future' was not just the same
tired old rhetoric coming from a new managers mouth. We are NOT a
Premiership club, but Mackay is definitely turning us into one!! He IS
building a dynasty here!

Clearing debts, paying tax bills, paying staff etc etc all great and vital
moves by Tan.

But Malky Mackay, given the new owners admitted lack of knowledge of
the game, has turned out to be a masterstroke. Perhaps their greatest
move??
Last edited by taffyapple on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT VINCENT TAN HAS DONE HERE....

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:16 pm

No I think it's keeping HMRC off our back and keeping us afloat.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 pm

I think it's putting Malaysian flags up everywhere. It must increase the page views on this site by no end!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Sorting out the atmosphere at our stadium would also be an amazing acheivement

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Dave employing Malky is by far their best move so far and letting him get on with the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

This is my point. In a year or two, if Malky is still here, and we are where we
think we're going to be... CCFC will be a force to be reckoned with.

Maybe another manager would not have had the foresight and ambition of
Malky Mackay... God forbid that we employed someone else and were struggling
right now.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Agreed. :ayatollah:
Also I love the way you described us an an animal. Suits our performances the last couple of weeks.
But yes, their greatest move was Malky. At first I was worried when he tore out all our backroom staff and replaced with with most of his Watford crew (especially as Watford were pretty close to relegation last season) but it's proved to be the 110% correct option. Like someone posted the other day about how Malky's recruitment team consists of three different people. Shows he really puts effort and thought into what he does!
I've never loved being a 'City fan so much in the last 9 years i've supported as I do now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Getting rid of a few people over the past 12 months also was a good move....

Also taking on board what Bellers had to say and should be done was another good move :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 pm

CantonJack wrote:Agreed. :ayatollah:
Also I love the way you described us an an animal. Suits our performances the last couple of weeks.
But yes, their greatest move was Malky. At first I was worried when he tore out all our backroom staff and replaced with with most of his Watford crew (especially as Watford were pretty close to relegation last season) but it's proved to be the 110% correct option. Like someone posted the other day about how Malky's recruitment team consists of three different people. Shows he really puts effort and thought into what he does!
I've never loved being a 'City fan so much in the last 9 years i've supported as I do now! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Tan and TG are laughing their bollocks off about getting Malky in much
the same way as Malky must feel about signing Ben Turner:

"i knew he was going to be good... but f**k ME SIDEWAYS!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:35 pm

taffyapple wrote:
CantonJack wrote:Agreed. :ayatollah:

I think Tan and TG are laughing their bollocks off about getting Malky in much
the same way as Malky must feel about signing Ben Turner:

"i knew he was going to be good... but f**k ME SIDEWAYS!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

He'd better be careful about shouting that out.

Based on some people on this site's opinions of Malky they could well take that as an invitation!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:41 pm

personally i think it was paying the caterers, as a fat c@nt i couldnt imagine not eating a pie!!!! :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:45 am

I think MM has employed Cardiff City.

He strikes me as an ambitious individual who wants to manage in the top flight.

I fear that he will walk away should the club not show the same ambition and act accordingly.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:48 am

Midfield general wrote:To be honest for all his faults MM was actually Gethin Jones' appointment. The Malaysians wanted Alan Shearer to be fair

100% agree with you there Adam as VT & TG did want Shearer as 1st choice manager , God knows where Cardiff would be now if Malky had not been appointed instead , well done Gethin :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:49 am

Midfield general wrote:To be honest for all his faults MM was actually Gethin Jones' appointment. The Malaysians wanted Alan Shearer to be fair

gethin jones was he the tea boy down there or something :?

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:54 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:I think MM has employed Cardiff City.

I fear that he will walk away should the club not show the same ambition and act accordingly.

That is true of every manager so it is hardly a revelation.

In fairness to Tan/TG they allowed Dave Jones to do it 'his way' and old misery guts duly delivered with his customary end of season collapse and ultimate failure.

So allowing Malky the same leeway was a real leap of faith by our major shareholder and Chairman and they should be rightly congratulated for that.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:59 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

In fairness to Tan/TG they allowed Dave Jones to do it 'his way' and old misery guts duly delivered with his customary end of season collapse and ultimate failure.

So allowing Malky the same leeway was a real leap of faith by our major shareholder and Chairman and they should be rightly congratulated for that.

Bollix ya contrary cnut, some managers are just happy to be in a job and take the wage. :old:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:00 am

It was a Gethin Jenkins/Alan Whiteley appointment to be absolutely correct. You are also correct that TG/VT did flirt with the idea of employing Alan Shearer (I wonder how he feels now about turning us down?).

But the question posed in the OP was aimed at praising our major shareholder/chairman for having the foresight to allow MM to do it his way. So yes Malaysian fortune did shine on them in getting the right man but since then they have called all the right shots.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:03 am

If we get to Wembley then Im sure that Cardiff v either Man C or Liverpool will be watched by millions in Malaysia and that VT will be milking that game for all its worth in his mother country , and who can blame him too ? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:06 am

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Bollix ya contrary cnut, some managers are just happy to be in a job and take the wage. :old:

Well if you are Alex Ferguson that might be true but for the vast majority of managers ambition is their greatest motivation.

I remember Andy Gray saying on the radio (when discussing Dean Saunders move from Wrexham to Doncaster) that the golden rule in football management was that you always accept a job offer from a higher ranked/bigger club if it comes along.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:31 am

In my opinion the most important thing that VT has done was to accept that we needed a change of manager, however although I was initially amazed when the news broke that Shearer was about to be named our manager I'm glad the decision was ultimately to give the job to Malkay Mackay.

To then give him free reign to turn our club on it's head with the backroom team and back him by signing players like Miller and Turner is again fantastic management. I do wish though that they would bite the bullet and pay off DJ and buy up the contracts of players who look to have no future at the club. This would free up money in the budget to give MM some movement in the transfer window, but as MM has said this week the club are hoping to sign a couple of players in January so VT support seems ongoing.

Paying the tax man and settling other debts whilst funding the club last season cannot be underestimated and are just further examples of his commitment to the club.

As for the Malaysia banners in the Stadium these are nothing more than advertising paid for by VT under a sponorship and should not be looked at as some statement of national identity. No club in the FL is allowed to display a national flag inside a stadium or on their playing strip, remember the Welsh flag has been removed from the back of our shirts this season.

A club can fly a national flag from a pole attached to the building so if we wish to have our national flag flying someone needs to put up a flagpole on the roof or the Wales Tourist Board needs to sponsor a banner saying visit Wales etc. We shouldn't get hung up on some Malaysia FC thing as Daya would put it.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: