Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WITHIN A WHISKER "

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Carlos as usual you were right on the last day of the transfer deadline Malky was within a whisker of signing a new player.

:ayatollah:

Todays Echo.

Mackay had hoped to strengthen during the autumn loan window and said he was “within a whisker” of bringing in a striker, with finances agreed.

The reason it could not be completed was outside of Cardiff’s control, but it has not dimmed Mackay’s enthusiasm to introduce new blood in January.

Re: " WITHIN A WISKER "

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:08 pm

It's a shame we didn't get anyone but if they were after 10-20k wages that's an extra 60-120k saved that can go on a player in January... or at least their wages :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " WITHIN A WHISKER "

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carlos as usual you were right on the last day of the transfer deadline Malky was within a whisker of signing a new player.

Todays Echo.

Mackay had hoped to strengthen during the autumn loan window and said he was “within a whisker” of bringing in a striker, with finances agreed.

The reason it could not be completed was outside of Cardiff’s control, but it has not dimmed Mackay’s enthusiasm to introduce new blood in January.

Annis I told you the name of the striker/winger and believe Malky will get his man in January :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carlos as usual you were right on the last day of the transfer deadline Malky was within a whisker of signing a new player.

Todays Echo.

Annis I told you the name of the striker/winger and believe Malky will get his man in January :ayatollah:

You did Carlos. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Todays Echo.

Go on Carl tell me. I can keep a secret...

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Todays Echo.

Will this player be able to play in the carling cup or is he tied..? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Tommo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Todays Echo.

Will this player be able to play in the carling cup or is he tied..? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cup tied.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:23 am

Annis when I mentioned this on a thread last week your answer was to whom the player in question was to " ask Carlos he will be on tonite " ....... so did he tell you before or after that and will we know the name or is it going to be kept under wraps ? Personally if he's still a very good target then Id rather not know and wait until we sign him :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:45 am

carlccfc wrote:

Todays Echo.

I don't normally like players who can play striker/wing. They aren't great at either. Etuhu and JET are two examples.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 am

maccydee wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Todays Echo.

I don't normally like players who can play striker/wing. They aren't great at either. Etuhu and JET are two examples.

Bellamy crap aswell then?lol