Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Brain dead policeman.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4oHTq3gjxU

:knob:

Re: Brain dead policeman.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:22 pm

the policeman hasnt exactly done a good job but the guy with the camera is the idiot hes trying to be clever and failing spectacularly

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:26 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:the policeman hasnt exactly done a good job but the guy with the camera is the idiot hes trying to be clever and failing spectacularly

How does he fail "spectacularly"? The copper can't answer him.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:the policeman hasnt exactly done a good job but the guy with the camera is the idiot hes trying to be clever and failing spectacularly

How does he fail "spectacularly"? The copper can't answer him.

because what the man with the camera fails to remember is that hes commited a criminal offence by running a red light on his bicycle
this offence is dealt with an on the spot fine
the man is not obliged to give his details or accept the fine
but if he refuses the police officer can arrest him take him to the local station where he will then be obliged to give his details
the guy obvioulsy thinks that riding a bicycle means hes exempt of any traffic laws
this is not a stop and search or an enquiry the guy has broken the law and is liable for prosecution

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:46 pm

I would say the police officer also broke the law attacking the gentleman and breaking private property

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I would say the police officer also broke the law attacking the gentleman and breaking private property

i take your point and i wont disagree
but the cyclist trying to get out of a fine because he thinks he knows the law
just goes to show he doesnt know it that well
in the film he never denied running the red light his excuse was 'i was on a bicycle' meaning he can run as many red lights as he wants
he thinks he can avoid the fine by refusing to take any paper work and refusing to pass his details to the officer
which are his rights
but its not going to stop him from getting arrested

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:29 pm

The policeman can't even tell him what law he has broke.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Complete nob....and for once I dont mean the copper.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:The policeman can't even tell him what law he has broke.

yes he can he said at the beginning he run a red light on his bicycle

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:33 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

That is the offence not a law!

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:42 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

That is the offence not a law!

well and if im wrong correct me
are police officers supposed to know every law word for word and word them out perfectly because thats a lot of information to learn
surely police officers only need to recognise when an offence has been commited and use the correct actions to ensure the person is prosecuted
and we can leave the legal banter between the defence and prosecution lawyers and the judge

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Which ever way clearly the police officer was unsure which is very poor on his part or his training.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Which ever way clearly the police officer was unsure which is very poor on his part or his training.

i agree the officer could have handled the situation a lot better but you dont expect a jumped up law student or 'student of the law' as he put who thinks the law doesnt apply to him because he rides a bicycle and thinks he can get away from paying a fine when hes really just talking himself into more and more trouble.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:53 pm

He at no point say he wouldn't be payin the fine though or say he hasn't committed the offence.
If as he claims it's the law then he is within his right to use them as he sees fit. A police officer getting aggressive isn't the answer to the situation

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:55 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Which ever way clearly the police officer was unsure which is very poor on his part or his training.

Probably just trying to be carefull what he said,due to being filmed.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:55 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:well and if im wrong correct me
are police officers supposed to know every law word for word and word them out perfectly because thats a lot of information to learn

surely police officers only need to recognise when an offence has been commited and use the correct actions to ensure the person is prosecuted
and we can leave the legal banter between the defence and prosecution lawyers and the judge

I would say yes, surely it's part of the job? It's why they train for years.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Only one idiot there Tommy and that's the toffee nosed know it all wanker with the camera.

Really? He does seem a know it all yeah. But the copper can't do his job properly. Making up laws too try and get himself out of the shit. If I started making up stuff in work, I'd know what would happen. Nice p45 on route

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

ELY BOY wrote:Only one idiot there Tommy and that's the toffee nosed know it all wanker with the camera.

Alright heard you the first time :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He at no point say he wouldn't be payin the fine though or say he hasn't committed the offence.
If as he claims it's the law then he is within his right to use them as he sees fit. A police officer getting aggressive isn't the answer to the situation

no he didnt but what he did say was
he would refuse to take any paper work off the police officer i.e. the fine
which leaves the officer the option to take the mans details so the fine can be posted
which he tried to do
then the man refused to give his details
leaving the officer only one option and thats to arrest the man
the officer is in the wrong if he was aggressive unless he can prove he was restraining the man in his arrest procedure
but we dont know what happened after the camera went off

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:11 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:well and if im wrong correct me

I would say yes, surely it's part of the job? It's why they train for years.

and you maybe right but id find it very hard to believe that an officer could say every law ever written in this country
because that is a huge amount of information which would confuse the best of people

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm with the cyclist on this one, fairplay to him, he had that c**t in his pocket, the copper was tied in knots :lol: :lol: .... :D :D :D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:38 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:

Really? He does seem a know it all yeah. But the copper can't do his job properly. Making up laws too try and get himself out of the shit. If I started making up stuff in work, I'd know what would happen. Nice p45 on route

The Policeman told him what offence he'd committed, as soon as he spoke to him, ie., "You failed to stop at the red traffic light!"

Where he made things difficult for himself, was that he failed to offer him the fixed penalty ticket!

He can't force the cyclist to take the ticket, but he should have told him that failure to accept it, would have meant that the Policeman would have had to report him for the offence and he'd have most likely ended up with a summons through the post!

The cyclist is legally obliged to provide his identity and an address and if he failed or refused to do so, the Policeman has the power to arrest him under Section 25 of PACE and not Section 24 as he said! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:21 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:He at no point say he wouldn't be payin the fine though or say he hasn't committed the offence.

which leaves the officer the option to take the mans details so the fine can be posted
which he tried to do
the officer is in the wrong if he was aggressive unless he can prove he was restraining the man in his arrest procedure

But he didnt arrest him and he looked unsure if he could, his reaction was attacking the man and his property instead.
Should be sacked

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

which he tried to do

But he didnt arrest him and he looked unsure if he could, his reaction was attacking the man and his property instead.
Should be sacked

but thats speculation the camera didnt suddenly cut out the maker of this video has phased the video out to a still picture we dont know if the officer has just lost it and assaulted the man with the camera or hes trying to arrest him
we presume hes attacking him because the maker of the video has told us he has with words on the video
there is no evidence on that video one way or another
i would be very interested to know what happened after the video has finished

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:34 pm

It's all speculation.

One thing I hate is people who don't know the job they do and this officer clearly didnt know his job.
Minimum he needs is total retraining.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It's all speculation.

One thing I hate is people who don't know the job they do and this officer clearly didnt know his job.

lol
maybe
i can see it now
'Idiots Guide To Policing'
Chapter 483
'How To Deal With Arrogant Law Students Who Have Broken The Law and Think They Can Get Away With It'

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:45 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

lol
maybe
i can see it now
Chapter 483
'How To Deal With Arrogant Law Students Who Have Broken The Law and Think They Can Get Away With It'

I think it would be.
Chapter 1
'Actually know the law you are trying too enforce'

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
JONNY012697 wrote:

lol
maybe
i can see it now
Chapter 483

I think it would be.
Chapter 1
'Actually know the law you are trying too enforce'

but he does he just say it word for word which i dont blame him for he said
section 24 instead of section 25
an easy mistake to make im sure
what ever happened to just getting arrested for breaking the law

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:51 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:

lol
maybe
i can see it now
Chapter 483

Thats just silly, if they pull someone over albeit in a car or on a bike they should firstly know the law or at least know how to deal with a suspect.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:52 pm

IDCOPLAN :roll: