Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra - Did anyone see this story recently ?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:49 pm

I dont think he'l ever beat it as long as he's playing football

Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra checks into gambling clinic
Chopra has not trained with Ipswich for over four weeks Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra has checked into the Sporting Chance rehabilitation clinic to receive treatment for a gambling addiction.

The 27-year-old former Cardiff frontman has spent the last four weeks based at the Hampshire clinic.

He has suffered problems with gambling in the past, most notably while at Sunderland in 2008.

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell told BBC Radio Suffolk the forward would start against Millwall on Saturday.

"Michael has had an addiction to gambling for some considerable time," said Jewell.

"We thought he was getting better, but he wasn't, so off his own back he checked into the Sporting Chance Clinic after the Brighton game [1 October]."

Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra checks into gambling clinic
Page last updated at 09:43 GMT, Thursday, 27 October 2011 10:43 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version Chopra has not trained with Ipswich for over four weeks Ipswich Town striker Michael Chopra has checked into the Sporting Chance rehabilitation clinic to receive treatment for a gambling addiction.

The 27-year-old former Cardiff frontman has spent the last four weeks based at the Hampshire clinic.

He has suffered problems with gambling in the past, most notably while at Sunderland in 2008.

Ipswich boss Paul Jewell told BBC Radio Suffolk the forward would start against Millwall on Saturday.

"Michael has had an addiction to gambling for some considerable time," said Jewell.

"We thought he was getting better, but he wasn't, so off his own back he checked into the Sporting Chance Clinic after the Brighton game [1 October]."

The Sporting Chance Clinic is a facility set up by former England and Arsenal defender Tony Adams to treat behavioural problems, such as alcohol, drugs and gambling addictions in professional and amateur sports people.

"It's been difficult for us to talk about it," added Jewell. "He hasn't trained. He was turning up for matches and going straight back to the clinic afterwards.

He's in a better place, in his head, than he's been for a long time. The transformation in his personality is quite clear to see, we all desperately want to help him.

Re: Chopra - Did anyone see this story recently ?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:58 pm

old news

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 pm

was just stating, i never knew

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:00 pm

ccfc_cotta wrote:was just stating, i never knew

I bet you did Chief :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

What are the odds? :D

Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Aramore wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

What are the odds? :D

Evens Chief

Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Is this the gamblers clinic where you stand up in a group environment and say...

"Hello everyone, my name is Michael Chopra, and I'll give you 4/1 that I'll be cured by the end of the week." :D

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Berwyn wrote:Is this the gamblers clinic where you stand up in a group environment and say...

"Hello everyone, my name is Michael Chopra, and I'll give you 4/1 that I'll be cured by the end of the week." :D

Dont be so bloody silly Chief !! everyone knows its 6/1 :lol: :lol: