Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just found this story about Peter Ridsdale...

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:24 pm

Seth Johnson joined Leeds from Derby County in 2001. The midfielder had earned a basic wage of around £5,000 a week at Derby and his agent was determined to winkle £13,000 from the then Leeds chairman.

Ridsdale, though, had other ideas. Entering the negotiating room he is said to have declared: "Right I'm sorry, I can only offer you £30,000 a week." Sizing up the situation with commendable speed, the agent shook his head in apparent disbelief and said: "No".

Ridsdale allegedly responded by saying "Oh, alright then, £37,000." However, Risdale denies this and subsequently said: "We gave Seth Johnson £10,000 less than has been rumoured."

:lol:

dunno if everyone's seen this before and im just an age behind everyone else but i thought it was pretty funny :ayatollah:

Re: Just found this story about Peter Ridsdale...

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:36 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Seth Johnson joined Leeds from Derby County in 2001. The midfielder had earned a basic wage of around £5,000 a week at Derby and his agent was determined to winkle £13,000 from the then Leeds chairman.

Ridsdale, though, had other ideas. Entering the negotiating room he is said to have declared: "Right I'm sorry, I can only offer you £30,000 a week." Sizing up the situation with commendable speed, the agent shook his head in apparent disbelief and said: "No".

Ridsdale allegedly responded by saying "Oh, alright then, £37,000." However, Risdale denies this and subsequently said: "We gave Seth Johnson £10,000 less than has been rumoured."

dunno if everyone's seen this before and im just an age behind everyone else but i thought it was pretty funny :ayatollah:

Scott, Personally I believe its true as I know of at least 7 other players its happened to. :roll:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:Seth Johnson joined Leeds from Derby County in 2001. The midfielder had earned a basic wage of around £5,000 a week at Derby and his agent was determined to winkle £13,000 from the then Leeds chairman.

Scott, Personally I believe its true as I know of at least 7 other players its happened to. :roll:

players coming to Cardiff?

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Almost certainly.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:37 pm

I believe Peter on this. :? :? :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:15 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yes Scott all of them.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:24 am

i heard that seth johnson story.it,s been about a while.another example of his spending was the office stuff at leeds.i heard that the fish tanks and fish were rented.so every week someone was drawing out the club.whats so hard about buying them if the office staff must have a bit of ambiance?if this is true its madness